NTUC Fairprice Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
NTUC Fairprice CEO Bobby Chin
Bobby Chin
Pros
Cons
  • "Not for people who wants to have good career progression(in 4 reviews)

• "need to work 5hr shift to get 15min break and 6hr shift to get 30min break(in 3 reviews)

1. "Slow progression, forced ranking for bonus, messy"

I have been working at NTUC Fairprice full-time

Pros

Good place for retirement and slow

Cons

Extremely slow progression. Min.3 years to get a chance for promotion. Forced ranking for bonus. Which is unfair because it is based on your bosses to fight for you. Even if you did well, doesn't guarantee a bonus.

NTUC Fairprice2019-10-13
  2. "Poor managament"

I have been working at NTUC Fairprice full-time

Pros

Good pay and bonus package

Cons

Poor management and staff welfare

NTUC Fairprice2019-10-10
  3. "Team Leader"

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Singapore

I worked at NTUC Fairprice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning Opportunities in retail with individual hardwork to achieve

Cons

Competitive and downturn industry that tighten the benefits

NTUC Fairprice2019-09-18
  4. "Manager"

I have been working at NTUC Fairprice full-time

Pros

Good culture and friendly co-workers

Cons

Due to change in organisation structure, there is no clear direction on strategy of the organisation.

NTUC Fairprice2019-09-21
  5. "Retail Assistant"

I worked at NTUC Fairprice part-time

Pros

Flexible working hours and incentives during peak period

Cons

Sometimes have to Ensure with demanding customers

NTUC Fairprice2019-09-01

"Used to be good."

Current Employee - Retail Assistant in Singapore

I have been working at NTUC Fairprice part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This does not apply to all outlet, as I worked other outlets before as well, but for my current one, I have a rather understanding Team Leader. Both my parents have several medical check up to attend from time to time and I have to accompany them. There were times where I could only work like twice a week due to that and my Team Leader understands. If other workplace, even if I show those appointment dates and take... picture of me and parents and clinic there's no guarantee that they will accept such excuse for my absence. Aside from that, work wise, if we talk about work only (not mentioning the type of people we work with) the work is fun to do. Frankly speaking I enjoy such active job, like getting stocks from store or new delivery, and then display them accordingly. I really enjoy that, it gives this accomplish type of feeling and when get to assist those nice customers really can make my day.

Cons

First joined this company back at 2007. From 2007 all the way till 2015, really nice place to work at despite the rude, toxic and troublesome colleagues that likes to take advantage and intentionally cause us trouble just to feed their ego, (not to make anything better) the management back then were great problem solvers. They will hear you out properly and do what's needed as soon as possible. 2016 onwards till... present is pure crap. The rude, inconsiderate and arrogant started to 'rule' from then on. Management didn't even take any action against them at all, and when some of us provide feedback in the most professional way possible, the only response they can give is 'the person character is already like that' 'different people different character' and many other rubbish explanation. Not only did they not take action against such people, they even promote them. So what happened is these type of people got more 'big headed'. Funny thing is, as for the ones who I see are usually good, polite, approachable, guide others, considerate, mindful and helpful, does a mistake by accident which is really seldom, the management will point it out and confront the person for it. The good ones get more and more pressured while the ones who are selfish, inconsiderate and disrespectful gets to do as they please.

Advice to Management

To all the management, the branch in charge, the team leaders of FairPrice, I understand that some of you focus more on sales rather than how your employees are handling their work from day to day. But if you want sales, you have to make sure the ones at the front line are coping well. One of my manager even got the audacity to say things like 'problem will always be there'. Yes true, we are aware of that, but... problems is there for us to do something about it. Not to let it be. If there's fire, we call for the firefighters. If there's casualty, we call for ambulance. We don't say nonsense like 'its like that'. Even had one manager who just laughed when other colleague (of his liking) just came to me out of the blue scolding me vulgarities at selling area, but got the cheek to say that I have attitude issues while I was speaking to him politely. Not saying this for me only. For the many other victims of this. Others intentionally making work difficult for others. Avoiding responsibility and all. Like I mentioned, this place used to be a good place to work at, it is fine to deal with and be firm towards those toxic people back then, now the bosses just want us to suck it up and carry on get taken advantage. Do work on this and bring about improvement. You people at the management are blessed enough to have such roles, use it well. Touch your heart and ask yourselves. I'm sure you all are matured enough to observe what's actually going on.

NTUC Fairprice2019-08-19
  7. "Department manager"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Toa Payoh New Town, Central

I have been working at NTUC Fairprice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, friendly working environment

Cons

NO cons for this company I found

Advice to Management

Nil

NTUC Fairprice2019-08-07
  8. "Branch Executive"

I worked at NTUC Fairprice full-time

Pros

Nice team mates and cohesive environment within ops group. Bonus was pretty good.

Cons

Poor leadership from middle management and directions were unclear

NTUC Fairprice2019-08-05
  9. "Brand & Social Media Executive"

I have been working at NTUC Fairprice full-time

Pros

Stable environment, good career starting ground

Cons

Too stagnant with minimum progression and limited flexibility in employee retention. Close door culture and restricted cross departmental opportunity

Advice to Management

Focus on building a good company culture, build brand loyalty rather than knee jerk decision.

NTUC Fairprice2019-09-06
  10. "Decent Part Time Job"

I worked at NTUC Fairprice part-time

Pros

Flexible with school schedule Wage rates change depending on peak periods

Cons

A lot of Back room politics involved

NTUC Fairprice2019-07-16