NURSES Etc STAFFING Reviews | Glassdoor

Donald L. Mooney

1. "Pca"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at NURSES Etc STAFFING (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Not enough hours for full time

"Serious Issues"

Former Employee - Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

If you prefer eating free food to this concept called performance based compensation then this place is for you.

Most of the Corporate staff are nice people.

Great place to work if you are new to the job market and don't mind being underpaid.

Cons

Compensation, Compensation, Compensation The CEO is still operating the Company as if it is a start up and wants to cap compensation regardless of performance of individual input to increase company footprint and revenue.

Please research reasons paydayes are on the 7th and 22nd for corporate and field employees, Not going to draw conclusion but there is a reason. You dont need to be a CPA to figure it out.

If CEO decides to pay for up to half of required health insurance coverage this may be an indication of under compensation according to industry standards. This is not normal or is it he is just a nice guy.

Advice to Management

Stop asking employees to double output with no mention of compensation if they can ahieve goals stated and stop making promises with no intention to keep, such as bonuses or commision plans that are inherently impossible to attain.

Aug 17, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We celebrate many things at NURSES Etc. and we think that is a good thing. On a monthly basis, we celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. We also ... More

"Several Red Flags, But Hope Things Improve"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at NURSES Etc STAFFING full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Resume booster with Recruiting Experience
    - 8:30 - 5:30 job
    - Great holiday and PTO
    - Coworkers can be fun
    - Health benefits
    - Small company feel
    - Several cultural flaws and brash management style, but they are slowly realizing fear doesn't motivate good employees. Not sure it if will be worth the wait though. The "Military Mindset" is praised far too much.
    - Minority run company; Lots and LOTS of people of color in Leadership and Executive roles
    - Company is very involved with the local community; They will invest in non-profits

Cons

- Very limited opportunities for growth and advancement; Will be several years before profits roll in.
    - Nurses Etc is funding the other family companies and the current team sees little of the reward
    - Compensation is very, very, VERY low. Recruiters base salaries are less than market average and the current commissions plan is unattainable, and changes month to month.
    - Management can be unapproachable and moody; Have to make sure they are in a good mood before walking by their office. Will get chewed out in front of your team if you are not hitting your numbers. Very negative vibes.

Advice to Management

Team work is built through trust, not fear. Work on your leadership and mentor skills versus being a boss. Leadership takes more than just product and process knowledge, but it takes a level of maturity and self-awareness that is currently lacking. Trust your employees to do the right thing and be sure to continue to support your team even if there is a bad week. Recruiters especially are expected to make bricks out of straw - it takes time and energy to find a purple squirrel, so don't throw your team under the bus if things take more time or don't go your way. Overall, I am hopeful that the culture will turn around.

Aug 17, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We are committed to creating an environment that is comfortable for all. The company is going through stages of growth and change. Growth and change ... More

5. "Former employee"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Senior Staffing Agent in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Senior Staffing Agent in Long Beach, CA

I worked at NURSES Etc STAFFING (More than a year)

Pros

good people and company atmosphere

Cons

Change in upper management from
    sole owned to corporate structure

6. "Happy Camper"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Kings Bay, GA
    Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Kings Bay, GA

Pros

I have enjoyed all aspects of this company. No complaints.

Cons

Hard to leave a company that cares about their employees. Hoping to find something with them in my new state.

"Company treats corporate employees like TRASH"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at NURSES Etc STAFFING full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They celebrate corporate employees birthdays at the end of each month and they also contribute to organizations that help children in need.

Cons

The owner, CEO, President, CFO, COO, SVP are FAKE and treat corporate employees like trash. They like to lie to their corporate employees which is discouraging. Most if not all of the men are veterans and they also treat the women like trash.

Advice to Management

Treat all corporate employees that are female and male equal and all nationalities equal. Pay your employees that work hard what they are worth. It's great you pray but be true to the prayer because God is about love and caring for people. That you do not show at all to your corporate employees or at least to the ones you have selected to treat like trash

Jul 7, 2015 – President

We appreciate your feedback and we take every opportunity to emphasize to our employees how important and valuable they are to the company. We strive to meet the needs of our customers and our ... More

"Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in San Antonio, TX

I worked at NURSES Etc STAFFING full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company treats all employees like a family. The CEO and other corporate staff are very friendly and generous. Management makes personal visits to remote locations to visit with contractors. Employees will walk through fire to help contractors get what they need. Best of all, corporate employees are well-fed!

Cons

The interview process can be long and grueling. Benefits package could be improved. Some internal and external positions aren't paid very well (though most are well-paid).

Advice to Management

Don't ever forget the oft-quoted phrase "customer service isn't what we do, it's who we are." Also, I would invest more resources in BD. You've got a great team, just be sure you take care of them.

9. "Great work environment and experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at NURSES Etc STAFFING full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture and motivated team.

Cons

Pay should be looked at.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow culture

10. "My best job"

I have been working at NURSES Etc STAFFING full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

everybody is very caring and answer your question asap love all the people there

Cons

nothing to say they are wonderful about everything haven't had a bad experience with them

"Nurses ETC. Staffing"

Pros

They moved their Houston office before it was condemned.

Cons

Very unorganized. Lie to employees and candidates for employment. Pay is not competitive with the market. Poor Benefit package and over priced. More like a rat trap than a Job.

Advice to Management

Speak wit your employees independently before making rash important decisions. Speak with your clinicians independently before making business decisions. Speak with your vendors before making business decisions. Don't always trust that ALL your Managers are working in the best interest of the corporation. Remember your circumstances before you were in a leadership position and be sure not to trash an employee for no real reason without finding out what all they have done for you.