Cover image for NUVI

54% Recommend to a Friend
60% Approve of CEO

Found 85 of over 88 reviews

3.3
NUVI Chief Executive Michael Mullarkey (no image)
Michael Mullarkey

70 Comments

Tech

472.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=NUVI~1017493
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Fun culture and I genuinely enjoy everyone that I work with.(in 8 reviews)
  • "The problem is that all the great people leave and the ones still there can't speak up without backlash.(in 8 reviews)
  • "As a Product Designer, I've had the chance to work with some of the best teams throughout the country, while building amazing products along the way.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great environment, lots of awesome people to work with and be around and they make it so you can have a lot of fun at work(in 3 reviews)
  • "NUVI provides excellent work/life balance.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Awesome

Nov 28, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Great leadership

Cons

No real negatives in my eyes

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Remote working

Jun 6, 2022 - Software Developer in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of flexibility to work remote

Cons

Management was hardly there on site.

3. Join the NUVI team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

needs work

Aug 26, 2021 - Account Development Representative in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- catered lunch - shared work space is nice

Cons

- poor management - lack of opportunity growth - not professional

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely terrible.

Aug 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are good people there.

Cons

Truly don’t work here. The CEO is behind corrupt. They don’t pay well. They let people go at any given time. They just don’t care about people.

6. 4.0

Get out what you put in

Jan 18, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leaders who work hard to grow the business. Requires everyone to pull their weight, but if you do - you definitely will grow within this company.

Cons

more transparency in business goals and budgets

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work

Aug 17, 2020 - Enterprise Account Executive in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

My role was in sales but after working with the Marketing and CSM departments I quickly noticed that they had amazing department heads who always showed they cared about their department employees. Great company to work for in most instances but like any company there are cons. Work hard and you will be rewarded. The CEO, and most of upper management are great people and want you to have success!

Cons

As far as Sales goes everyone tried to do the best they could but there were many instances of drama, not feeling you and your teams work and effort were ever doing enough (I understand people say, "thats sales for ya", but it actually doesnt and isnt this way everywhere else). If you do well under pressure and being told your work isnt good enough (a tactic to get you to work harder but is ineffective) then you will do just fine.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nuvi Really Cares about their Employees

Apr 28, 2020 - Content Marketing Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since I've been at Nuvi, I've been impressed by the managements care and consideration of employees. The COVID-19 pandemic really showcased this as we were quickly moved to remote work and the CEO kept us updated twice a week on the progress of the virus and on the status of the company. Just these two measure alone made me less stressed during the pandemic and reassured. Another plus about the company has been all the fellow employees. The employee culture of Nuvi is both caring and productive. Everyone is working hard to accomplish their goals, while at the same time caring about those around them. Nuvi has simply been a wonderful place to work

Cons

Sometimes the food at weekly company meals is a little off... just kidding! I have no complaints about Nuvi

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rebuilding the culture, picking up speed

May 18, 2020 - Systems Administrator in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

In Utah, things move pretty quickly, and the divide between successful and not successful in SaaS is very thin and easy to be pushed over. Nuvi has gone through a lot of change, between ownership, technology, leadership, and more. I see things moving in the right direction, even during difficult times in the economy, Nuvi has shown that the current team is willing to lay down the metal and produce results both in technology development and in revenue both gained and maintained. At this stage in the business, there are not growing pains, but there is success in consolidation and upward momentum as we focus on the parts of the business that keep us moving.

Cons

This year has shown me that not ever business is here to stay, and though a business may appear to have a strong brand, culture, or financial backing, keeping heads above water is difficult enough. Though it has been good for myself to gain experience in a low revenue environment, it can be stressful to watch the company fight through payments and focus on accounting and revenue instead of ventures in my line of work. TL;DR, I am young, and I want to gain technical experience, and that can be difficult when financial limitations come into play.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Please run away as fast as you can

Mar 10, 2021 - Account Executive in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

We were paid every two weeks, mostly on time

Cons

The CEO is extremely dishonest and a professional con-man.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

In Spite of Tough Times...

Mar 24, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. We are currently dealing with the Corona virus pandemic and times are tough. Around us many companies are closing their doors, many others are laying off. Nuvi is different: *Working from home to keep us away from infection *Unlimited PTO for Corona related issues *Free meals (take out only) *Daily calls to make sure we are healthy and happy *Offers of assistance when we are out of items (grocery stores empty of some items)

Cons

Typical cons shared by every tech company

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 85 Reviews
</>Embed

NUVI Reviews FAQs

NUVI has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 88 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at NUVI to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NUVI employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NUVI. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

54% of NUVI employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NUVI 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NUVI to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership.