NVIDIA Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities

1.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • If you want to do challenging work then work life balance can be bad (in 172 reviews)

• Pathetic intern events, no space to sit, no work life balance (in 21 reviews)

"Micromanaging Nightmare"

Current Employee - Verification Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Verification Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ESPP has strong growth
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Cons

Nvidia is my 3rd job and by far the worst. Every week I must account for very hour of my time and tell them what test I debugged for 0.2 days.

Advice to Management

Advice will help. You all must be replaced.

"Micro-managed Nightmare"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nvidia is a large company, so your experience may be pleasant or nightmarish, depending on the department you work in. I had an insecure, micro-managing boss, so my experience was horrific. If you value your sanity, avoid the technical writing department for the BSP (Board Support Package).

Cons

Micro-manager who would sabotage projects and then swoop in to save the day. Received no assistance from HR. Nvidia is a candidate for the worst job I've ever had.

"Pay below market"

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice work environment. The cutting edge technology. Play a very important role for the future. Nothing else I can mention....

Cons

Lower pay, no promotion for a really really long time. I had work for nvidia for many years but still not get promot or any RSU.

Advice to Management

Treat older employee better!

"Good and bad"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Daly City, CA

I worked at NVIDIA (More than 3 years)

Pros

Got exposed to GPGPU/ GPU computing. Learned software engineering skills that helped me secure my next job

Cons

No growth. Management had decided that I was not one of their favorites for growth.

Advice to Management

heh

"Technical Writer"

Former Employee - Technical Writer II in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer II in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company so your experience will depend on whether you work in a good or bad group.

The cafeteria had reasonable food. The work environment was satisfactory.

Cons

If you write documentation for the Tegra processor, your life will be a living hell, unless you enjoy being micromanaged and sabotaged by your manager. However, if you have low self-esteem and a willingness to submit to the pathological machinations of an insecure manager, you will enjoy the sadistic environment.

Advice to Management

Ha, ha, ha! As if management will do anything about the toxic situation that they've known about for years! That's a good one! Management isn't going to help you as you sink and drown in the bilious pool of human waste they created. Bring your own life vest to this party.

"You will regret working here, think HARD"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Intelligent colleagues
    * Good learning resources
    * Lots of growth potential

Cons

* Extremely lacking work life balance, say goodbye to friends and famiy
    * Very poor monetary appreciation of work done
    * Very tight schedules and high stress work environment. You are forever in crunch
    * Benefits keep getting worse each year
    * Company feedback on work life balance and monetary concerns are ignored every year

Advice to Management

Say no to tight schedules

"bad place to work"

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Nothing just do hard work no life

Cons

give a free food in the evening other than that nothing I guess

Advice to Management

Not sure what to advice

"Toxic environment in Analog / Mixed Signal Teams"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can't seem to offer any pros right now.

Cons

I've worked at Nvidia for 10+ years. Nvidia , as a company, is good. But, what matters is the team / department culture. We used to have a good, low-key environment until few years back. Unfortunately Mixed Signal team has become a horribly toxic environment to work in.There was a reorganization few years back, and then another one...it seems that we are constantly reorganizing so that upper management gets promoted to higher ranks. Many of the original folks left the company to join Apple, Samsung etc. and their positions are filled with these new guys.

Nowadays, there is a very toxic environment and politics. Managers and directors keep promoting themselves, and if something goes wrong in the design, they point their fingers at designers, instead of owning the responsibility. They also fight with each other to get ahead of others, to the point that it is disgusting. It is the worst environment I've encountered in my 15+ years.

I think that the best sign of how bad the situation is can be seen from their job postings. They have been trying to hire one 'quality' senior engineer for a long time (their postings are all over the place), but no good candidate accepts their offer, and he/she goes to other companies such as Apple, and Micron instead. I guess that people know about the environment here.

I suggest that you build your career somewhere else and don't even waste your time with interviews. But, If you decide to apply and if they give you an offer (it is usually above average, for a reason :) ), use it as a leverage against some other offer and move on with your life. You don't wanna waste your time with these folks.

Anyways...I started to prepare my own resume after 15 years here....

Advice to Management

Advice to Jensen: You should watch what is going on in your company before these folks destroy it for you.

"Director of Marketing"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice logo. Aggressive marketing team. Forward thinking creative. Good social media exposure. A great cafeteria. Some really nice people work there.

Cons

NVIDIA prides itself on life work balance. Nothing is farther from the truth.
    It is run by a megalomaniac who sticks his nose into businesses randomly.
    There is no upside with this company. They have a strategy called "speed of light" which basically means, we don't have a long term plan. Everything is a fire drill. Intel will eventually drive them to the ground.

Advice to Management

Drop the Speed of Light strategy. It doesn't work. Become a grown up company. Stop the micro managing.

"Pay doesnt match to hard work"

Current Employee - ASIC Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - ASIC Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great learning and extra work load if willing to take up and flexible work hours

Cons

Poor annual bonus, never gives the sign-on guaranteed base pay rise annually, poor first level managers (they are more techie and less into management)

Advice to Management

Have more versatile strong managerial technical first level managers and have better pay compensation policies.

Showing 74 of 1,700 reviews