NVIDIA Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Growth"

Current Employee - Consumer Group in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Consumer Group in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NVIDIA has top talent across the organization and you'll grow your skills sets thru a fast paced never ending learning environment. People collaborate and share success, it's team centered and celebrated, not about the individual although contributions they are noted. Great ESPP and strong benefits. Comp is very competitive with best in class

Cons

Start up mentality can be tough on people who are not flexible and need rigid structure. Work can be intense as expectations are high......you can see these as cons or pro's depending on your disposition.

Advice to Management

Continue to adopt more technology into the workplace, it's helping with productivity

2. "Amazing Work Place"

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with incredibly intelligent, dedicated people at all levels. Things we create at Nvidia get into the hands of millions of people. This drives one to do the best work of their lives.

Cons

Like any tech company, the work is big and complicated so work/life balance can suffer from time to time.

"Amazing workplace"

Current Employee - Senior GPU Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior GPU Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was at NVIDIA for nearly 8 years, and enjoyed it - but wanted to try something different. I left, and was at 2 jobs for less than a year each, before I desperately wanted to come back. Now I've been back for more than a year, and wondering why I ever left. NVIDIA does amazing work, but most importantly, is an amazing employer. There is strong support for work-life balance, but still a good kind of pressure to do a good job. Management is strongly interested in well-balanced employees, and sets realistic goals.

Cons

There's not much. Sometimes you get stuck on a project longer than anticipated, but I think that happens everywhere.

Advice to Management

Better engineering support (hardware, etc)

4. "Senior Software Engineering Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Software Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Software Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to fast paced projects which are always on the cutting edge of technology and in a race to be the first to market. No dull moments! Guaranteed.

It can be a very rewarding experience to extract more out of the GPU and improve the KPIs delivered to the end-user because of the technical challenges and the problem solving involved.

Cons

Widespread geographic locations (depending on the teams you're in) can be taxing in terms of meeting times and a 24 hr email cycle.

5. "ASIC Engineer"

Current Employee - ASIC Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - ASIC Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Great place to work.
    2) Multiple tasks at hand allowing you to work parallely and not get stuck with one thing.
    3) Get to learn many new things in each task with so many talented people around you.
    4) Great benefits.

Cons

1) Sync-Up with teams outside the US sometimes gets stressful as it occurs at odd times but the management is trying to minimize these sync-ups.

6. "Such a great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

1. Great CEO and management team with excellent vision, passion and leadership
    2. Fantastic teammates and working culture. Everyone is professional, dedicated, loving to sharing with team work sprit. Proud and happy to work in Nvidia every day!
    3. Good pay and benefits

Cons

None from my side currently

7. "Great Company and Great People"

Current Employee - Developer Technology Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Developer Technology Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at NVIDIA for over 5 years now as a devtech. This company has been great. In general the company takes care of its employees (especially when it comes to health benefits). The culture is also great. At NVIDIA people are not afraid to make mistakes and the company only asks that if you make a mistake you learn from it. People are not afraid of calling out inefficiencies where they see it and as an employee I have done this many times. This truly gives me the ability to impact the direction the company is going.

Finally the salary is competitive with other high tech jobs.

Cons

In my 5 years at NVIDIA i've never come across anything that I would consider a big negative.

8. "Great company - amazing culture and awesome team"

Current Employee - Enterpries Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Enterpries Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NVIDIA is the leading place for all aspects of Artificial Intelligence (AI). If your specialty is healthcare, HPC, Energy, Enterprise Applications, or any other area- NVIDIA will be a place you can develop and grow while changing the industry you are focused on. The internal culture is fast paced, driven, accountable and dynamic. There is transparency and a lack of silos that is refreshing

Cons

The only con so far is the recruiting process. It is not uncommon to go a week or more without hearing from your recruiter. Emails come at 3am and without a phone number(hard to engage directly). So patience is needed if you are going through the process but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep going at the Speed of Light !

9. "Working at NVIDIA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best reason working at NVIDIA is the people. It feels great when you work with very smart and talented engineers. All the managers I known are good engineers themselves, and even Jen-Hsun was and still could be a good engineer. Good works are recognized and innovations are highly appreciated.

Cons

I don't have much downside working at NVIDIA.

10. "Smart, Agile, Visionary, Effective!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great balance of agility & persistence with high-performance culture. Solid leadership. Opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Not a place to relax or hide. Making mistakes & learning from them is OK, but "leaning back" or lacking commitment is not.

Advice to Management

Candor & direct communications do not require incivility. Many people are more motivated by positive feedback. The company could go from great to exceptional by tapping this truth.

Showing 1,471 of 1,627 reviews