NVIDIA Reviews in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Santa Clara Reviews

Updated April 26, 2017

Santa Clara, CA

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is a bit skewed more towards to work side but that depends on person as well (in 161 reviews)

• no work life balance, extremely long hours (in 20 reviews)

1. "Amazing Work Place"

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with incredibly intelligent, dedicated people at all levels. Things we create at Nvidia get into the hands of millions of people. This drives one to do the best work of their lives.

Cons

Like any tech company, the work is big and complicated so work/life balance can suffer from time to time.

2. "Sr. Engineering Manager"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company strategy is very clear and highly talented engineering and business operation teams. Management is willing to give opportunities for higher career learning.

Cons

Work Life balance might be challenging during initial product bring up, but it is always get better after the first week of bring up

3. "Such a great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

1. Great CEO and management team with excellent vision, passion and leadership
    2. Fantastic teammates and working culture. Everyone is professional, dedicated, loving to sharing with team work sprit. Proud and happy to work in Nvidia every day!
    3. Good pay and benefits

Cons

None from my side currently

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a fast-paced, exciting company to work for. You do not get "comfortable" here. You are always learning and being challenged. Everyone works professionally, which is expected of everyone, regardless of position. There is practically no bureaucracy here (at least in my department). There's no time for politics. We are always on the move for creating new solutions and getting things done. You get rewarded for your hard-work, both in compensation, career growth, and in personal satisfaction. This is definitely the place to work if you want to be in the cutting-edge of technology and bring contribution to the society.

Cons

This is a very thrifty company. You do not see any flashy extravagance. If you pride yourself in working at a company that throws big parties and expensive company events, this may not be the best place to work for you.

Advice to Management

One of the easiest ways to satisfy a worker is to fill his/her stomach with good food. This may be a low investment for the company to achieve high employee satisfaction (low turn-over rates + high productivity). Please take into consideration.

6. "The most meaningful technology company to work for of our generation!"

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I thought for a long time how best I can describe the job at NVIDIA - and one word, it's the most meaningful company to work for while building your professional goals and personal goals. I truly believe in NVIDIA's vision and everything the company stands for.

PROS:
    - Great technology and product portfolio. Touches every aspect of our lives including deep learning for medical research, imaging to self driving cars to gaming to TVs to VR to high perf computing. You will find something to be passionate about.
    - people. smart, engaged, passionate
    - a truly visionary CEO with an engineering core. always looking 100 steps ahead.
    - plenty of opportunities to grow your career whatever growth means to you (speaking from software point of view). Great team of software senior management.

Cons

- It is upto you to set work life integration boundaries. If you are good at what you do, you will get more and more opportunities. So pacing yourself is important to what is a meaningful balance to you.
    - As an agile company working on cutting edge of technology, churn is inherent. Make sure you can deal with churn.

7. "Principal Hardware Engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working on cool projects.
    State of the art technology.
    CEO with a vision.
    Great colleagues.
    Great salary, even when pursuing non-management role.

Cons

Can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

8. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior ASIC Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior ASIC Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A very professional, collaborative environment.
    Upward mobility is possible if you work hard and contribute game-changing ideas.
    With the rise of AI, the company and it's employees are poised to do very well.
    You can explore different areas of interest, and your manager can even lend you out to other teams for periods of time if you'd like.
    Our benefits package is awesome.
    The base salary is good.

Cons

We don't exactly get great discounts on our own company's products, which is a shame.
    If you have to work on chip bringup, depending on your role, you may need to work 70+ hours per week for a few weeks.
    There is no xmas or end of year bonus.

Advice to Management

First, they took our options and replaced them with RSUs. That hurt. But when the CEO took our RSUs and replaced it with a much less valuable 'guaranteed annual base wage increase' program, many employees were devastated as our stock shot up into 100+ territory. That was a very terrible thing to do to us. We didn't deserve to have our RSUs taken away like that. My advice to management is to be a little more conscious of how these decisions can affect the future livelihoods of most employees.

9. "Great company and Great people"

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with great people, so cutting-edge technology, promising field of work, very flexible working environment.

Cons

Health benefit, cash bonus, and 401K match are not sufficient.

10. "Nvidia is a best kept secret in the valley."

Current Employee - Director Business Development - VR in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Director Business Development - VR in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, technology, flat structure, benefits, stock, corporate philanthropy culture.

Cons

People have 5,10,15 years tenure and hold opinions that are solidified in the past. Campus is old,but Nvidia is building a new, uniquely designed building... project Endeavor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and stock price!

11. "Fifteen years and counting and still loving it!"

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best managed technology companies around - lucky to have a founder who has been able to scale up to lead a $50B company. This allows the company to take bold risks and many of them have paid of handsomely including the push into high performance computing, AI and autonomous driving. On top of working on some of the most game-changing technologies around, it is also a really well-run company with great leadership and work-culture and some really smart engineers.

Cons

Pace of work can be taxing for those not used to it but similar to most successful Silicon Valley companies.

Advice to Management

Keep taking risks on moonshot ideas and help push the company to new heights! Review employee benefits regularly and keep them competitive versus comparable companies.

Showing 551 of 1,568 reviews