NVIDIA Employee Reviews about "no cons"

Updated May 9, 2021

4.7
Pros
  • "Smart peers, work on cutting edge technology and very open and friendly culture(in 207 reviews)

• "There is good Work life balance(in 200 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Depending on team, work-life balance can be tricky(in 257 reviews)

• "long hours of work may be needed at times(in 51 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NVIDIA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no cons"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Beyond Amazing

May 7, 2021 - Software Architect in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Jensen, our President/CEO is very intelligent, driven, articulate, encouraging, warm, and approachable. What you see on stage is the same person you bump into in the halls or overhear at the bar. Yes, we have a really nice bar in our building. NVIDIA's success and amazing culture clearly comes from the top. During Covid, he has firmly repeated this message: "Put family first!" During the holidays, we don't have a big expensive company dinner, we volunteer or donate to our local communities. The work is challenging and meaningful. Compensation and benefits are great. I love my coworkers. I've been here almost five years. It's real and I still can't believe how lucky I am.

Cons

NVIDIA innovates at a crazy pace. There is more work to do than time to do it. But everyone around you is working super hard. And doing what you love, with people you care about, for a president that seems genuinely to be one of the nicest human beings I've ever met makes me want to work extra hard, too. So the biggest negative is really self-inflicted.

2. 5.0

NVIDIA to the Moon 🌙

Apr 22, 2021 - Paid Media Manager in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flat organization that gives its employees autonomy to do their best work. When you're in a meeting, there is no hierarchy. It's a free flow of ideas from everybody. You will have the ability to work on BIG company projects that drive real value to the world. Innovation is at the heart of NVIDIA.

Cons

The organization is big and sometimes there is random busy work to check a box. This busy work can get in the way of finishing your own work.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Great Place to work

May 6, 2021 - ASIC Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exposed to great technology and great work.

Cons

Worldwide company - working with other parts of the world becomes challenging on WLB.

4. 5.0

Amazing

May 7, 2021 - Design in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing great good lovely nice to work for full time

Cons

NA nothing to say about it

5. 5.0

Great plase during pandmic

Apr 29, 2021 - Product Engineer in Santa Clarita, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible reliable people that are always happy to help

Cons

So much of the work involved teams in china that your work hours can be rather unpredictable

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid internal tooling / support software teams

Apr 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stock growth due to core Hardware business

Cons

Their core system software may be OK (those C/C++ teams). But those internal tooling / supporting teams are terrible. These are the so called infra / cloud teams) Although they advertise that they are a hardware company that has built its software strength. Truth is that good software practice is poor. As for the quality of SW infra in a hardware company - decide it for yourself. Some groups have bad process and tech stacks. Work has little skills involved but lots of drama and politics. Often needs to stay late night to work with people from different timezone.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Awesome Company!

Mar 4, 2021 - Senior Developer Technology Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, giving back to the community and volunteering is not just talk but really ingrained into the company. Very talented engineers and computer scientist. One of the few tech companies that's making concrete changes and improvements in diversity and inclusion. The D&I numbers across the board are continually improving year after year.

Cons

I was skeptical about working for a private tech company because of some of the horror stories I’ve heard but I’ve been pleasantly surprised how NVIDIA has exceeded my expectations in all areas. I really don’t have any Cons currently; I would really be reaching if I tried to come up with something here.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Apr 26, 2021 - Data Scientist in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It has a very flat structure which allows you to grow quickly. They really put an effort in their diversity recruitment.

Cons

It is a hard company to work for if you are looking for a lot of guidance.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Best Place I've Ever Worked

Mar 11, 2021 - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in tech for more than 20 years, and I've held positions elsewhere that I fondly remember as dream jobs... but nothing comes close to the benefits and opportunities that I've experienced working for NVIDIA. I work with people who inspire me every day, as we all come together to tackle the hardest technology challenges possible, with the goal of making a positive impact on the world. Core values include intellectual honesty and empathy for every employee (and their families)... both of which are extremely important to me. Employee support during COVID-19 shelter-in-place has been incredible. There's so much room for growth - even if you're a veteran.

Cons

Parking can sometimes be a challenge during busy times.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Always a new project

Apr 26, 2021 - Human Resources in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

always learning, always challenging, and always creating new projects

Cons

it's a pro but some see as a con which is constantly changing direction to move fast with technology and changing times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,842 Reviews