NWYC Reviews

NWYC CEO Chris Adamson
Chris Adamson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great people

Feb 2, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the Patriotism Doing good for our country

Cons

None you need to make it happen

2. 5.0

Worth It.

Jan 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate mission to make American business owners voices heard.

Cons

Alot of conference calls outside of work.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a Bad gig

Oct 5, 2021 - Field Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

You make as much as you commit to.

Cons

You have to work for it, self motivated.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

22 Year Career

Sep 24, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Kearney, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Long term career, over 20 years and is just getting better. The income is great and has provided a blessed life for me and my family. Awesome co-workers and outstanding leadership makes this career the best career decision I made.

Cons

Some people can be apathetic.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

23 Year Career

Jul 13, 2021 - Regional Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with NWYC 23 years so I have maybe a unique perspective. I started out in outside B2B sales, then transitioned into training, then sales management. What I have seen for myself and for others is that when you 1) believe in the mission, 2) have a strong internally driven work ethic, and are 3) committed to following the 62 year proven sales process, as taught, you will make sales. And, in so doing, provide for your family and participate in fulfilling an incredibly important mission. It's been a wonderful career for me and many others. At the same time, this is not a career for everyone. Absent any one of those three characteristics I mentioned above and it's better not to pursue this career.

Cons

I'm not sure this is a con, it's just a reality of sales. When a company hires us to make sales, they expect us to make sales. It really doesn't matter if they call their compensation plan a salary, commission, bonus, base, or anything else, if we are hired to sell, we must sell. Try working for a company that offers a salary and miss your sales quota a few times. They are not going to keep paying the salary! In my experience with NWYC, they have always been more than generous in their comp plan based on my productivity in personal sales and for the sales of my team.

5 people found this review helpful

Director of Social Media/Recruiting

Thank you for your sharing your insight.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Company to work for

Jul 19, 2021 - Trainer & Associate District Manager in Bossier City, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where do I start with this company?!? How about at the top…. I have never worked for a company that prays for you and your success. Simply amazing!!! Next, the subject we all want to know… do they pay well? I have been with the company a year and within 4 months of starting and proving myself they made me a trainer. This company pays excellent and rewards hard work. I would absolutely recommend this company to any.

Cons

I don’t have cons when this company

Director of Social Media/Recruiting

Thank you for your review.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rewarding Job with Excellent Pay, Making a Difference Every Day!

Jul 12, 2021 - Territory Manager in Newnan, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a job with excellent pay that makes a difference in America! In my time with National Write Your Congressman, they have proven to be a company of integrity with an amazing company culture. The field rep is a top priority! (If the field rep is happy, the customer will be happy!) Excellent training and support are provided, both getting started as a new rep as well as on an ongoing basis. There is a very well established and proven sales process that works if you trust and follow the system. Uncapped income potential is very real here. Go to work... Make the sales... GET PAID! I have never seen a company that cares about the success of the rep as much as NWYC does!

Cons

Must be self motivated, Must be a self starter, Must be able to hold yourself accountable! Like the famous quote, "If it is to be, it's up to me!"

Director of Social Media/Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your insight.

8. 1.0

Stay Away - crap show at every turn

Jul 9, 2021 - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Don't need to go to an office

Cons

You're an independent contractor for a reason. They don't expect you to make it. I have to feed my children and I was promised an income for the first 13 weeks of $1000/wk. I was told it was a guarantee. Well, turns out, it's not. It requires your manager to sell 4 new memberships a week. Well, when your trainer doesn't do so, you won't get paid. And they'll do nothing to help. They illegally misclassify employees to avoid payroll taxes, unemployment claims etc. The organization is so blatantly Trumpiam yet consider themselves "non partisan."

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

So happy here! Making money!

May 9, 2021 - OUTSIDE SALES in North Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Three years ago I accepted the offer with NWYC. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I am so grateful I took a chance! I am proud to say I am making more money than I ever have in my life. In a pandemic year I still made over 120K. This year, I am on track to do a lot more than that, I am thankful for the support I get from everyone at NWYC. When I first started, my trainers were great and they continue to support me as mentors and friends.

Cons

It is not always easy. Some days are better than others so you have to stay positive. As long as you do your part, you will be successful.

Director of Social Media/Recruiting

Thank you for our review.

10. 3.0

Good Company, but has flaws

Jan 18, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a good product (membership) but notice they seem to hit the blue collar workers more than white collars. They approach business owners with the "I'm doing congressional research" when actually its a membership drive.

Cons

They are a stickler for knowing word for word verbatim. They think that the script is the all mighty ticket to a sale. I couldn't get the last page (page 5) down to memory. But I could have sold several memberships with only a guidance of the script using my own words. But felt I was being mislead with the numbers somebody could do in closing members in a week. Most of the notices of top sales people across the nation are doing sales are not doing the numbers my manager says he was doing.

8 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews
</>Embed

NWYC Reviews FAQs

NWYC has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 82 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at NWYC to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NWYC employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NWYC. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

84% of NWYC employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NWYC 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NWYC to be senior leadership, management, career development and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with NWYC Job Seekers