NY Marketing Firm Reviews | Glassdoor

NY Marketing Firm Reviews

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Reece

1. "Actual work experience"

I worked at NY Marketing Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great entry-level system. Promotions are merit based. There is ACTUAL management support and training (all paid). The team taught me all about product knowledge, marketing techniques, simple sales tools and gave me tips on how to become a successful leader. The mornings were very inspiring.

Cons

I had to take multiple trains when commuting from Lindenhurst to the Trump Building on Wall Street, which was a hassle for me to be on time everyday, Mon-Fri, consistently.

Advice to Management

Open up an office in Long Island

2. "Horrible door to door"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

None other than they hire anyone looking for a job.

Cons

Misleading
    Not engaging
    Time consuming with hardly any return

Advice to Management

Quit

3. "SCAM"

I worked at NY Marketing Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not an office job. There's really nothing legitimate about this company.

Cons

The guy who interviewed me misrepresented the company during the interview. He made it sound like we would be working with Fortune 500 companies and acting as a liason to their customers. The reality is, on our first day, we had to go door-to-door making sales to get random people to upgrade their cable or to save money on their electric. Meanwhile, this company couldn't even pay their own electric bill because the lights went out in the office once. I still don't understand the whole premise to this day. I really don't believe we were helping people save money at all. During my 3rd or 4th week, our paychecks were not ready. I was told one of my sales closed, when it really didn't.

Then, some other bigshot in the company told the truth about it being a pyramid-like structure company. Where the real way to make money is to recruit people (family and friends) to work underneath you. I said this is not what I signed up for, and that is my last day. The average paycheck was about $80 per week.

Advice to Management

Don't lie.

5. "SCAM"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at NY Marketing Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Please do not let the friendly atmosphere fool you for their unethical behaviors

Cons

Practice on door to door selling, and deceiving customers depending on what campaign your firm was given. Regardless to if you close accounts they may run away and close down office to avoid paying you.

Advice to Management

Reporting this firm to BBB. Its companies like these which force people to have no type of loyalty for employers. Karma will find its way with you guys.

6. "Great working environment!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at NY Marketing Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to learn a lot. The company was welcoming and provided support for new people. It was very insightful. It was a good learning opportunity.

Cons

I am a student. I worked full time during the summer. NY Marketing does not hire part time employees, which I do understand. It is a great opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue with great atmosphere.

"This is actually a scam"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at NY Marketing Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well if you enjoy lies and you enjoy being a liar this is for you.

Cons

It is truly unfortunate so may lives are going to be affected by this false company, so many people that don't have much a choice after this because they drastically changed their lives to a please this job. You can never tell when you are being lied to or are lieing

Advice to Management

Get yourself some serious knowledge go back to school for proper business management

8. "I learned a lot in the time I was there"

I worked at NY Marketing Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros I had about my time with NY Marketing Firm was the team environment the shared. When Everyone was available for help all the time. The biggest thing they taught me was growth and personal development. Everyday was something new and I learned a lot of real world skills being a recent college grad. It wasn't easy picking up the knowledge and working fast but I got great leadership and a kick in the butt every day. Haha. On a serious note, thank you guys for a great environment.

Cons

I had to relocate and go back home to Ohio, The downside is that they don't have an office in Ohio yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work guys, a little more pizza parties though.