NYSL Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph Mannino

1. "One of the best teas I've ever worked with!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager/Account Manager in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at NYSL Promotions (Less than a year)

Pros

When I was first hired at NYSL, I was desperate for any job. I didn't accept the role because of the awesome growth opportunities or the doors it would open for me. I didn't take this job on because of the salary. I didn't even take the position because it seemed like a fun role. I took it because I was unemployed, buried in student loan debt and other large monthly bills. I accepted the role because I was recently laid off from a Corporate position and was living in my Mother's sunroom.

And I will tell you: this was one of the best decisions I've ever made. So many Kind people work here, and it is the most team-oriented companies I've ever worked for. Everyone simply wants to see one another grow and succeed here. Sure, the CEO will hold you accountable for your productivity, but it is only because he wants to see us succeed.

Admittedly, the work load was daunting when I first came on board, but I kept my eyes on the opportunities ahead---and it was so worth the effort (I am now managing a team here). I've never been the type to sit on my butt and wait for opportunities to meander my way. I've always felt that to achieve my goals, I would have to chase after them. I find it a lot faster and more efficient that way to put in the extra time and effort in order to achieve success.

Because of this job, I have formed some of the best friendships and work relationships I've ever had. I've witnessed people grow within the company, and I've witnessed people quit/get let go. All it takes to succeed in this company is hungry determination and the willingness to go the extra mile.

Perhaps many people don't understand this company and exactly what it is we do. I understand that can be quite harrowing (I mean--I was there only 6 months ago). However, if you are someone who wants to start a career, then this is definitely a great opportunity. Don't pass it up or you'll never know what possibilities lie ahead or what doors it can open.

Cons

It's really hard work, but you're "young, scrappy, and hungry" you can do very well here.

2. "Extremely unprofessional and unethical CEO"

Current Employee - Marketing in Fairfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at NYSL Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Stay far away from Joesph the CEO.
    If your a college grad, the money you spent on school you won't be making back here. $400 a week lol JOKE

Cons

Joe the so called "CEO" will interview you and will try and force you to quit your current job w no offer, explanation of benefits or anything like it.

I told him I needed to see a contract prior to any agreement and he flipped out telling me he will get me a w2 to fill out. Clearly he's clueless.

This company is a joke. By the way don't tell him you've read a few Glassdoor reviews. He will tell you he makes millions and has 25 offices and doesn't know the retention rate of his employees.

JOESPH is a rude, ignorant, arrogant guy who clearly thinks he knows it all.

Advice to Management

Joe should be fired.

"Best Experience with a Company That Cares"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fairfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at NYSL Promotions (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here since fall 2016 (September), and as a person who is ambitious and goal oriented, I am very happy with the growth opportunity in front of me. It is a very team-oriented atmosphere, and I get the help/support I need from my coworkers and employer. This job is for people who see their career like a game of chess and always think five moves ahead.

The best thing about this job for me is that there is opportunity to network with other offices around the country. For example, this past month I went with my team to Dallas. It was entirely paid for by the company and I was able to learn so much from people who run/work in offices in different states. I can't wait for the road ahead with this company. I would say, it is a great experience for people like me who are looking to start their careers.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

none

"Admin"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fairfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at NYSL Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with NYSL for about 4 months now, during this time I have gained an ample amount of experience in the marketing and promotional field. NYSL is a great way to get your foot in the door for this industry and to get a head start on your career. It is a fast pace environment with a lot of growth opportunities. I highly recommended.

Cons

i have no cons pertaining to this company.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

6. "Most memorable experience"

I worked at NYSL Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at NYSL for about six months and it was one of the most fulfilling experience. I got to be around so many motivated and hard working individuals, loved the environment push me to aim higher in life. one of my first jobs that i looked forward going to everyday due to the positive energy among my coworkers.

Cons

none that i could think off !!

"Worked 4 weeks and paid only for 1 week for training"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

I worked at NYSL Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros have nothing to do with the actual business the pros are you get to meet a lot of motivated and ambitious people

Cons

The cons are Limitless it's a lie from the minute you walked through the door they lie to you, you lie to yourself, and you lie to customers. They train you not to lie and to be honest but once you're out in the field with a leader it's the complete opposite. Be prepared t go outside door to door selling verizon in the hot hot humidity, the pouring rain, blizzards and so on. No excuses. Its like being on survivor but you dont actually get paid fr it. You will be there all day forget about any kind of relationship or social life definitely forget about it if you have any kids and be prepared to get put down a lot. I was warned but failed to listen. Another lesson learned.

Advice to Management

Be more honest about the job description and respect your employees, and please actually use the integrity you teach so much about. Also be careful with sexual harassment and sexual harassment remarks don't offer other positions as being your personal prostitute.

"Ehhhh"

Former Employee - "management Trainee"/"account Manager" Aka Door to Door Sales Dawg in Fairfield, NJ

Pros

Some freedom in the field, as is the case with a lot of sales jobs. Start the day in biz attire then after morning meeting and training and practice pitching you change into street clothes basically, and you could go anywhere for lunch. If you work hard put your head down and dedicate yourself you can make decent money. if you really commit and are willing to dedicate you life, there is an opportunity for growth and if you stick it out and train people and build a big enough team that performs well you can eventually open your own office and make a lot of money. yes sounds like a pyramid kind of.. who knows. Might recommend if... i didn't know you and you're ok with doing nothing but that with your life and you like sales

Cons

Looong hours. They are not upfront about the fact that it is a door to door sales job, they make it sound like they do other things. go in before 11 in the beginning, then eventually they want you there at like 8, leave the office at 12ish when you can get lunch if you want, then you drive to a neighborhood sometimes 30+ minutes away and walk around knocking on doors. not supposed to leave til 8, sometimes wouldnt leave til close to 9, then you go back to office and "break down your day" which is only taken seriously half the time, then you can leave, get home at like 10. long mf day. rain or shine your out there. wouldn't recommend to a friend. even if your weekly paycheck is decent compared to other jobs youve had, youre working like 80-90 hours a week so if you look at it in an hourly sense, its not great

Advice to Management

be more upfront

"Biggest Scam Ever"

Former Employee - Distributor in Fairfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Distributor in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at NYSL Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none. They lure you in under false pretenses of becoming a management trainee, but you're a door to door sales rep for Verizon FiOS

Cons

Too bad I couldn't give zero stars. They don't care about family or emergencies. Had to take an Uber from the field to go since new guys can't have their own cars in the field. They make you sign a contract and keep track of when you're there and when you quit, they say you never worked all six days. Then you get NOTHING. Do not go for an interview there. It is instantaneous garbage

Advice to Management

Pay your workers or you will get sued.

10. "Great Company to Start A Career and Develop Skills"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at NYSL Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They teach you everything from
    Time management
    Self management
    Sales
    How to have conversations and build relationships and much more
    Experience I will have and use for life

Cons

None really, just know if you are lazy and not self motivated (employee minded) you probably won't like it there. They are training you to build a business so you can make money now and enjoy later

Advice to Management

You need to let anyone who has been there for more than 2-3 years and not a manager yet to go. They spread bad habits to new guys

"Best Company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at NYSL Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'll start by saying this is not a Job, its a business!
    They are basically teaching/training you to run a business. If you are an EMPLOYEE MINDED person just dont even try- go work a 9-5!

Cons

NOT a job for the LAZY and EMPLOYEE minded- great training, very professional, and if you work hard you should promoted to Management in 1-2 years running your own business making over 100+K a year