NYU Langone Health Reviews
Updated Jun 7, 2023
Filter by Topic
Found 3,345 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Got a burning question about NYU Langone Health? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with NYU Langone Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Benefits are great and also NYC" (in 485 reviews)
- "Good pay for registered nirses" (in 141 reviews)
- "I didn't however meet really great people that I've maintained amazing personal relationships with" (in 134 reviews)
- "Good salary and" (in 99 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great and comfortable to work with" (in 77 reviews)
- "Management was horrible and they didn’t care about anything Alternating weekends" (in 156 reviews)
- "Things can take some time to happen if they don't come from senior leadership." (in 39 reviews)
- "Most managers have an issue with you trying to continue your education as well." (in 39 reviews)
- "bad upper management, people who been there forever dont like new employees and changes" (in 29 reviews)
- "Long hours and lack of promotions hurt morale" (in 29 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of NYU Langone Health and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Featured Review
#1 Place to Work!Aug 1, 2022 - Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great place to work! The new accolade shows exactly how wonderful it is to work at NYU Langone Health! Outstanding organization with a great reputation!
Currently no cons at NYU Langone Health!
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Great OrganizationJun 3, 2023 - Regional Operations Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great Company, supports promotion from within
Take more time screening new physicians/practices
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
My time at NYU LangoneApr 29, 2023 - Anonymous in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I would characterize my time at NYU Langone as follows: The people that I worked both for and with were excellent in character, sound of mind, and professionals through and through My salary met my expectations and, unsurprisingly, the benefits were generous and comprehensive The hospital was well run and incredibly organized (even more so than I would have expected it to be) The workload eventually became manageable as I began to better understand how to organize my time and prioritize my tasks
1. The workload felt overwhelming at first and took several months to find the perfect balance. 2. Work/life balance simply does not exist in this line of work (although this critique is not company-specific) 3. Attendance at company events and functions wasn’t required, but I did feel social pressure to make an appearanceContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Must jump through hoops for a promotionMay 23, 2023 - Telecommunications Operator in Brooklyn, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Depending on what you do, the compensation and health/dental insurance are both reasonable.
Recruiters and leadership can prevent you from going to the next level. Doctors and nurses are set in their respective fields, but in other departments, you need more than just an undergraduate degree and graduate degree to move up. At NYU Langone, they advise you to enroll in these totally useless administrative support courses and they still will not hire you an administrator/manager role. To advance, I must already have management experience, be well-connected, or just wait for a management member to pass away or retire.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
The absolute worst place to workMay 26, 2023 - Medical Billing Specialist III in Boynton Beach, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The salary is the only reason to want to even come through the doors.
Horrible management that doesn’t know what they are doing. Manager that continues to entertain supervisors that don’t know their jobs. Supervisors that will go as far as pinning something on you that you didn’t do in order to force you to leave if they don’t happen to like you. Upper leadership protects supervisors and manager because all of the above know how to kiss behind. If you want to constantly come to work stressed, feeling like you are in hell zone every day, definitely apply to NYU then.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Patient careJun 6, 2023 - Registered Nurse in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good salary, good benefits, fantastic equipment. Overall a great place to give good patient care.
The do not treat nurses well at all. Constantly switching specialties of floors, shifting nurses around and poor coordination.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
Good company to work forMay 30, 2023 - Registered Nurse, BSN in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good salary Opportunities for growth and career development
Can be high stress environment at times due to nature of the job
- Current Employee★★★★★
good stable place to workJun 7, 2023 - Clinical Specialist in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Stable, benefits, coworkers, mobility options
large institution, competition, policies, flexibility
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Great Place to WorkMay 31, 2023 - FGP BILLING COORDINATOR in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great Benefits Great Pay Easy to advance
None that I can think of
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Research tech reviewMay 23, 2023 - Assistant Research Technician in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits, kind people, good work environment. Christmas party is very nice
The hours can be really early or really late and overtime isn’t rare. 6am-7pm was sometimes the case.
NYU Langone Health Reviews FAQs
NYU Langone Health has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 3,631 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at NYU Langone Health to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.
88% of NYU Langone Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NYU Langone Health 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.
According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NYU Langone Health to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management.