Cover image for NYU Langone Health

What people are saying about NYU Langone Health

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and also NYC(in 427 reviews)
  • "Good pay for registered nirses(in 117 reviews)
  • "I didn't however meet really great people that I've maintained amazing personal relationships with(in 111 reviews)
  • "Good salary and(in 91 reviews)
  • "Nice and friendly staffs help each other(in 65 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management is poor(in 148 reviews)
  • "Things can take some time to happen if they don't come from senior leadership.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Most managers have an issue with you trying to continue your education as well.(in 33 reviews)
  • "bad upper management, people who been there forever dont like new employees and changes(in 27 reviews)
  • "Long hours and lack of promotions hurt morale(in 24 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NYU Langone Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

#1 Place to Work!

Aug 1, 2022 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! The new accolade shows exactly how wonderful it is to work at NYU Langone Health! Outstanding organization with a great reputation!

Cons

Currently no cons at NYU Langone Health!

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

awesome coworkers

Nov 30, 2022 - Assistant Research Scientist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

unclear what the path to receiving a promotion looks like, or if advancement is plausible

3. Join the NYU Langone Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Disappointed

Nov 26, 2022 - MRI Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

NYC's Transparency Law has forced the higher ups to finally increase pay (although still below the 25 percentile of the average salary of MRI techs as of 2022).

Cons

Couple years back I gave this department a five star review because it was a fun place to work at despite the amount of work we did. I left this department because the higher up has become fixated on just the numbers. Those who have spoken up to management about being underpaid are just told to stop complaining and be humble. The "intern" program is just another way to save money. New college grads making minimum wage for almost a year and told to work extra hard in order to increase their chances of getting hired at this company. Even if you work hard, you still need to be "liked" in order to be picked. It's uncomfortable to be asked by higher ups to "rate" interns, knowing that I have an impact on their future careers. This fraternity mentality is what's ruining the work culture. Career Opportunities and Compensation - if you're in the director's inner circle then the opportunities could be endless, they'll even create new intermediary roles so you can "move up". Culture and diversity - diverse in terms of, most of the department are minorities, but not diverse in terms of, they are mostly of one type of minority. Senior management - most senior tech leads are fair and experienced, any role more senior than that are out of touch with how their employees feel. Work life balance - never have to bring work home. But when you're at work, you are worked extremely hard.

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best job out of college.

Nov 30, 2022 - Research Data Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, incredible facilities and resources for some of the world’s top-notch research. Fantastic benefits that you can’t get elsewhere. The entire corporation takes care of its people and their families.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons.

Continue reading
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Incentives

Nov 30, 2022 - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- NPs have night shift incentive bonuses and annual performance based bonus - great health insurance esp for NYU visits

Cons

- it's a business (as all of healthcare, blinded by numbers and $ and can't see past that -patients/staff take the hit - managerial micromanagement/unprofessionalism/bullying

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Outstanding Place to Work – Best in New York!

Nov 10, 2022 - Senior Leadership
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been fortunate enough to build my career at NYU Langone Health. It truly is a Great Place to Work that offers outstanding benefits, work-life balance, culture and opportunities for advancement. This is a best in class organization, with a great reputation, that is committed to being a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center. The various accolades awarded illustrate it is an organization that cares about their employees and their well being and it is a diverse organization that respects and embraces different perspectives and cultures equally. I am proud to be part of such a great organization and to work alongside exemplary team members.

Cons

There are currently no cons at NYU Langone Health. It truly is the best place to work.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Extremely high turnover - Stay short-term for experience

Nov 28, 2022 - Associate Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only good thing about this place is the benefits

Cons

- A round table of new faces, the employees I had first met starting out have been replaced multiple times with new people. The turnover is crazy - Management needs work. Felt unsafe voicing opinions or asking for help. Major miscommunication which lead to scapegoat tactics on the associates. - Retaliatory measures taken when you request to WFH due to family emergency. For example, I had to look after a family member and needed to temporarily WFH on the days I was scheduled to come in to office. Management did not like that and forced me to use PTO for my office days rather than WFH.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

NYULH

Dec 1, 2022 - Assistant Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

NYULH is a great place to work

Cons

No clear path for career progression

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hard work pays off

Nov 28, 2022 - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard work doesn’t go unrewarded. There are countless learning opportunities if you express interest.

Cons

Management can be demanding at times, but beyond that I can’t think of anything. If you’re a hard worker and you take direction well, then you’ll be fine.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

Informative and Supportive Workplace

Oct 26, 2022 - Research Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a nurturing environment in which I was able to learn about neural correlates of semantic speech as well as learn how to read high-resolution neuroimaging scans. My coworkers were also very supportive in teaching me about underlying biological and biomedical terms that I would need to know to understand the material the lab was researching. I also learned a lot in terms of how to analyze and use programs such as MATLAB and R to analyze the linguistic date of the participants in our studies.

Cons

I did not feel like my full abilities were put to use in my position. Most of my work revolved around data processing. Through my education and work previous work experience working directly with mental health clinics and in scientific copy editing for the FDA, I belive that I would have been able to handle more in terms of data analytics.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,831 Reviews
</>Embed

NYU Langone Health Reviews FAQs

NYU Langone Health has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 3,098 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at NYU Langone Health to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NYU Langone Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NYU Langone Health. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

76% of NYU Langone Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NYU Langone Health 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NYU Langone Health to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with NYU Langone Health Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at NYU Langone Health? Share Your Experiences

NYU Langone Health Careers

Cover image for NYU Langone Health

Located in the heart of Manhattan, with additional facilities throughout the New York City area, NYU Langone consists of six inpatient...More

• Benefits
  • Development
  • Culture
  • Organization

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

Logo

0 days ago

Employee Story
Victoria credits her choice of a career at NYU Langone Health to our culture of excellence: "Growing up in New York City, I was aware of NYU Langone's prestige, so I decided to pursue a career at the premier health system after graduation. Here, I can show up as my authentic self to assist our patient community and I enjoy helping, treating, and supporting everyday New Yorkers and feeling like I make a difference." Make a difference at our world-class organization! Explore #NYULangoneCareers now! https://bit.ly/3zA142O
Shared image

NYU Langone Health Photos

+ Add Photo
NYU Langone Health photo of: Join our team!
NYU Langone Health photo of: For Patient Experience Week, we’re celebrating our shared commitment to world-class, patient-centered care at NYU Langone Health.
NYU Langone Health photo of: Take the next step in your nursing career as a Nurse Intern on our Nursing Resource Team – Float Team (NRT) at NYU Langone Health!
NYU Langone Health photo of: Join us in recognizing Cyrena, one of our March Talent Acquisition Employees of the Month for a job well-done!
NYU Langone Health photo of: We had a blast at Long Island Pride with NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island this past weekend!
NYU Langone Health photo of: We're honored to announce that NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital has received its third consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence!
NYU Langone Health photo of: NYU Langone Health is proud to celebrate the contribution of the diverse identities, communities, and roles that make up the fabric of who we are!

Expert Career Advice

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

4.2

2,977 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 3,098 NYU Langone Health reviews submitted anonymously by NYU Langone Health employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if NYU Langone Health is right for you.