KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

NYU Langone Health

Engaged Employer

NYU Langone Health

Add a Review

NYU Langone Health Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Dec 4, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management is poor(in 128 reviews)
  • "Low salary and sometimes projects are slow(in 78 reviews)
  • "Things can take some time to happen if they don't come from senior leadership.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Most managers have an issue with you trying to continue your education as well.(in 28 reviews)
  • "bad upper management, people who been there forever dont like new employees and changes(in 26 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NYU Langone Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Meh

Dec 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are fantastic and it's great to have a world-class institution on your CV

Cons

This place is the epitome of the capitalization of healthcare. They don't support their staff and are more concerned with their bottom line.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Health benefits

Aug 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer superb health benefits and great access to health care within the Med center for employees. Top notch services in all specialties.

Cons

The administrative headaches of working in any large medical center system certainly apply here. The high cost of living in NYC means that your salary affords considerably less than elsewhere.

3 people found this review helpful

Candidate Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are grateful for your five years of service. We aim to provide our employees with top-notch benefits, and our compensation professionals constantly review our salaries to ensure that they are competitive. Due to the mix of employee populations across all of our locations, NYU Langone Health tends not to publish compensation data to our employees. However, as appropriate, we provide employees with communications related to specific compensation programs and eligibility. Please contact us at connect@nyulangone.org so that we can speak further.

3. 2.0

work

Nov 23, 2020 - Practice Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits are good and inexpensive

Cons

pay could be better very difficult to get a raise

4. 4.0

Medical secretary

Dec 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and busy enough your day goes by quick

Cons

Shortage of staff and very strict policies

Candidate Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review of NYU Langone Health! We aim to provide our employees with top-notch benefits. We assure you that hiring employees with the best experience and skills to maintain patient safety is our priority. All of our policies are intended to maintain an excellent patient and employee experience. We encourage you to contact us at connect@nyulangone.org if you would like to speak further.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Mar 22, 2017 - Administrative Supervisor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am surrounded by extremely smart, professional people. The core benefits are excellent and HR has done a tremendous job of adding cool 'lifestyle' benefits like discounts. It definitely feels like we're on a good trajectory as we will be opening a new, state-of-the-art hospital soon.

Cons

Salaries and compensation fall behind. We very frequently get outbid and have to resort to "salary isn't the most important thing" to try and recruit or retain staff

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Engagement Specialist

Thanks for the intelligent and insightful analysis of NYU Langone. We appreciate your tenure as an Administrative Supervisor and agree this is a great place to work full of smart and professional individuals. We constantly review our salaries to make sure they are competitive throughout all departments. If you wish to speak further, please contact us at connect@nyumc.org! Thank you again!

6. 4.0

Billing

Nov 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good employee benefits and inexpensive

Cons

People are not promoted based on work ethic, they are promoted based on friendships

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far so good

Sep 5, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, hard working coworkers make my job so much more satisfying. I work the 8-4 shift. It's a huge difference from the 9-6 schedule I've been used to most of my career. NYU makes has excellent benefits and they make you feel like you're a part of the evolution of the department.

Cons

Even though coworkers are knowledgeable and friendly, they sometimes do not work well together. Doctors and staff with big egos make it difficult to suggest areas for improvement.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

RN for 6+ years

Aug 13, 2018 - Nurse Clinician in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great pay, including bonuses for specialty certifications, performance bonuses, and opportunities for overtime - Excellent benefits package (I paid only taxes on my masters degree thanks to their tuition remission program) - Expanding hospital system with opportunities for growth and development

Cons

- As with nearly all hospitals (outside of CA), RN staffing can be a problem. Occasional short staffing = tight assignments, potentially unsafe nurse-patient ratios - The hospital can't seem to expand fast enough! Lack of beds is a constant issue that can add stress to the units

Candidate Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of NYU Langone Health! We are so grateful for your over five years of service. We strive to provide competitive salaries and top notch benefits for our employees. We will continue to encourage professional development as we expand our footprint and services. We assure you that hiring employees with the best experience and skills to maintain patient safety is our priority. Please contact us at connect@nyumc.org so we can speak further.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Information Systems Manager

Nov 2, 2016 - Information Systems Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Current head of office is excellent. Flexible hours, you don't take the work home with you. Great for artist or someone with outside work/aspirations. Decent benefits and 401k.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement, 3 person office (could be pro or con), office location, monotonous work.

1 person found this review helpful