Naegeli Deposition and Trial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Hands down... my favorite job!"

Current Employee - Client Relations Executive in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Client Relations Executive in Portland, OR

I have been working at Naegeli Deposition and Trial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Naegeli Deposition and Trial is very professional! Both Marsha and Rich do a fantastic job managing their staff. Marsha has a very hands on approach that I admire and appreciate. She takes a great deal of pride in her company. I admire Marsha's dedication to her business that she has successfully built from the ground up. The owners expect you to come to work and WORK. This seems to be a hard concept for many people to grasp who lack motivation and accountability. This is a very structured environment and you ARE expected to not only work, but work hard. You are also expected to keep drama out o f the work place, which is a fair and reasonable expectation that many people cannot adhere to. I admire this expectation, as it has created a very peaceful work place. Rich and Marsha exude kindness and they genuinely care about their employees. If you possess a sense of entitlement, have zero humbleness, lack respect or the ability to work hard, this is not the place for you. Naegeli is a very positive environment. Marsha walks down the halls each morning and personally greets each and every one of her staff members. Naegeli is my second family. I work in a beautiful office with an amazing view. I genuinely enjoy each and every person I work with and look forward to coming to work every day. I have witnessed very lazy people and terrible attitudes. People have lost their opportunity to work at Naegeli due to the lack of emotional maturity and a poor work ethic. Take accountability for your own choices and do not blame your past employer. It has been a pleasure working for Naegeli Deposition and Trial.

Cons

I have zero cons. I love working for Naegeli Deposition and Trial!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! It has been a pleasure being part of the Naegeli Family.

"Worst company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Naegeli Deposition and Trial (More than a year)

Pros

Good View, Good food carts nearby

Cons

Boss is crazy. Every good review is a lie. They pay people to write fictitious reviews.

Advice to Management

Retire

Aug 7, 2017 – Vice President

Who's not being honest? You clearly are not employed with our company because we have not used the Open-Interview process in nearly 4 Years!

"WOW"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Naegeli Deposition and Trial full-time

Pros

Easy to get to, the work is super interesting. There were opportunities to take on new work if you worked hard (not that you'd be compensated for that.)

Cons

I quit suddenly two years ago, but looking at this site now, I just had to post a review finally, because it TRULY appears that the company is trying to post fake reviews and appear to actually be COMMENTING on people's reviews and threatening to sue them for slander?
    Read between those lines for a second. I absolutely loved my actual WORK here, but the environment was toxic and it really all centered around the owner and the company culture built around her.
    To boil it down - absolute loyalty was expected from management, but NOTHING was done to inspire that loyalty - you'd think if they could afford to have that fancy downtown office, they could afford to offer competitive benefits but they are LAUGHABLE compared to the industry they operate in. Any illness was treated with extreme suspicion, and you were questioned pretty ruthlessly over the phone when calling in (BTW, that's totally illegal, look up HIPPA). Any inkling that you aren't happy with your current position will land you with a 45 minute lecture from the owner about loyalty. I found out after I left that the owner went around telling the remaining employees that I had "emotional problems." Stay classy, guys.

Just look at how they react to negative reviews on Glassdoor! Most companies either ignore them or possibly take the opportunity to look inward at what they might improve on. Not Naegeli! Everyone who leaves a negative review was just a lazy liar!

Advice to Management

Y'all are stuck in the past. Please move into the modern era - you must offer quality employees a reason to stick around.

4. "Great company with top notch management"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Executive in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Executive in Portland, OR

Pros

Beautiful office in downtown Portland. The atmosphere around the office is uplifting and positive. There is a commitment to provide top notch services to their clients from the CEO down through out the organization. Everybody is willing to help out wherever needed and office politics and gossip are not tolerated. So happy to work in this environment as compared to my previous employers.

Cons

Getting to the downtown location on time everyday can be a challenge some days but management has been understanding of this issue.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job. I am glad to be a part of this winning culture and am excited to have this career!

Mar 4, 2017 – Vice President

We really appreciate your feedback. We work so hard to create and maintain a phenomenal work environment and you are exactly the reason we do it! Thank you!

5. "Sales Professional"

I have been working at Naegeli Deposition and Trial full-time

Pros

Hard working CEO and President

Cons

High work load causes stress

Mar 4, 2017 – Vice President

Thank you very much for your feedback.

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Portland, OR

Pros

Great co-workers and clients and a beautiful office building with great views. Great location.

Cons

Management is atrocious, disorganized and very unethical. Turnover was really high due to this and there is a general feeling of uncertainty and anxiety because of management's tendency to micromanage and interrogate co-workers. Also, no health benefits are provided. Reviews rarely ever happen and everything management says is misleading and untrue.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and actually let the team work. Stop worrying so much about co-workers carpooling or "fraternizing" and creating a hostile work environment.

Aug 16, 2016 – Vice President

Hello, You are absolutely correct that we have great employees and clients. One thing you are not realizing is it takes consistent coaching and mentoring to maintain a great work environment and to... More

7. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Naegeli Deposition and Trial (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working in a beautiful downtown location and in an atmosphere that fosters open communication and excellence. The company is a highly rated litigation support firm and they have a loyal clientele for a reason. Naegeli offers 5 star service. It is refreshing to work with a company that not only insists upon excellence in your work product, but offers assistance in meeting deadlines when needed. Every member of every department is willing and encouraged to lend a hand. This willingness to assist spans the entire company, from upper management to the most recent hire. Gossip and irrational behavior is not only discouraged, it is nipped in the bud. If an employee is having trouble, they are encouraged to go to their manager, or even the CEO with their concerns. Problems are resolved immediately, internally and externally. It is expected that employees are on their game at all times and sharing of information across departments is standard. Additionally, Naegeli has stepped up their training programs - another example of helping their teams to achieve a high level of excellence!

Cons

As the company grows, the work load increases. The work load can become somewhat overwhelming, especially for those that have been with the company long term. Unfortunately, this can cause stress. However, as long as the feeling of stress is communicated, senior staff works to problem solve and alleviate it. Pretty cool!

Advice to Management

Perhaps you should consider hiring one individual dedicated to answering the phones, thereby allowing current staff to focus on their projects without interruption.

"Outdated and Unprofessional"

I worked at Naegeli Deposition and Trial full-time

Pros

It's in the Big Pink building and you get (under)paid

Cons

The painfully defensive, poorly worded and written, fatuous rebuttals here, with all the personal insults say it all. As an employer, the onus is one them to rise above this, particularly given the impression these comments make (hint: not good). I do love how pompous, but stilted they are, though. Oh and it's "slander" if spoken, since the post was written, it would be "libel". You'd think a legal services firm would actually know that (to say nothing of it being covered under free speech and no actual harm having been documented to meet the burden of proof)

However, they don't. Just as I was asked illegal questions about my family status (as well as other items) in my interview. The review discussing their propensity for skirting or even breaking the law in terms of workplace rights is completely correct.

In the actual workplace, they confuse "outdated" with "mature", which does explain why everything seems to be 30+ years out of date: their CRM is ACT (which is actually a contact management system)---even though there are complete, cloud-based systems available for free, now. Their offices look like the set of either Family Ties or Growing Pains, the sales techniques and interviewing methods they employ are similarly dated and even the product they sell is rapidly veering towards obsolescence.

But they're too busy beating down and micro managing their staff to notice this.

Advice to Management

Stop with the obviously fake reviews. It's pathetic and unseemly

Apr 29, 2016 – Vice President

We understand it is not a very pleasant thing to be terminated from a job. Sometimes, it is simply not a good fit for either. We wish you the best in your search.

"VERY SATISFIED"

Pros

Very well run and smooth operation. Highly interested in taking great care of clients which Is important to me. Good trading and very nice managers.

Cons

Not a lot to complain about. Would like more overtime work since my prior let me whenever I chose. They are real sticklers with being on time.

Advice to Management

Love the new training and the new "fun" stuff added monthly. Hoping to hit management in a few years:)

Mar 30, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, we require our employees to be on time and certainly understand there is a rare occasion when it is uncontrollable. I recently interviewed an individual who worked... More

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Naegeli Deposition and Trial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is really like a home away from home. The people are all great people and I considered them family and care about every one of them. I highly recommend working here if you want to really be a part of a productive team and feel like you accomplished something every day.

Cons

Like every employer, there are some bad seeds. Before you know it you are wrapped up in the drama and really did not intend to do so. This company does it's best to coach people, but really if they are bad people it just won't work and it will eventually drive the hard working beneficial people away.

Advice to Management

Really compliment and assist the Department Managers when they need it. The people that take the most workload need consistent support and need to know it. I feel this is really important to keeping the good seeds! It works better than paying more money and makes them feel accomplished.

Mar 2, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for great feedback. I will forward this onto our training/coaching team.