Nakisa Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nakisa President and CEO Babak Varjavandi
Babak Varjavandi

Pros
  • Free breakfast and snacks all day (in 8 reviews)

• People have been very friendly and willing to help (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Cons: Usual growing pains, have to adapt to changes (in 3 reviews)

1. "Onboarding"

Pros

The company has made every effort to ensure the on-boarding process is smooth and easy. People have been very friendly and willing to help

Cons

Benefits package could be a little more robust

2. "Working at Nakisa"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

-The people are really friendly, creating a very positive atmosphere
    -The downtown location is very close to public transportation as well as many services (restaurants and gyms etc.)
    -They provide a free breakfast (a wide variety of foods)
    -They provide each new employee a generous amount of stock in the company
    -There is a casual dress code
    -They have a pool table, tennis table and movie nights with the in house cinema

Cons

None so far at this time

Advice to Management

Please continue to trust the employees feedback about what is needed to support the growth of the company

"Poor leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is trully a company that values its employees, no doubt.

Cons

This is indeed a family run business. The great thing about this is that employees are treated as if they were part of one big happy familiy. The downside is that not necessarely all positions are occupied by the best talent available . At a time when growing pains need to get adressed quickly and effectively, when recruiting talent is a question of survival and when experience around the executive table is key, relying on family members and friends that have been around for a long time is not necessarely what's going to make this business succesful at capturing the enormous opportunity it faces.

Advice to Management

The owner of this company needs to surround himself with strong leaders at the top and empower them, not with friends, family members or yes men if they don't have what's required to get the job done. Time will tell, many entrepreneurs just don't have what it takes to get their business to the next level. We shall see.

5. "Growing with Success for Employees and Clients"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company in the technology Cloud sector who approaches from initial conversation to hire and embracing you when you meet - the concept of employment engagement and bringing out the best of you. Nakisa is growing quickly but want to do it right by clients and employees from top management down. Open minded and looking to engage and keep the best employees that yearn to be a part of a team that remembers why they hired you!

Cons

Growth is a strength and can be challenging but not necessarily a full con with Nakisa. They know they are growing and want to ensure you are not lost on the way....engagement and fit are key along with you smart skills and experience.
    You know things will only get better as Nakisa grows and continues to keep the door open,

Advice to Management

None at this point; great approach that reminds a person that you can matter in a corporate environment.

"I am a manager at Nakisa"

Current Employee - Management in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Management in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products
    Learning: From new technology to innovative ways of doing, opportunity to learn and develop is always present to be taken advantage of.
    Team work: It is wonderful to go to work everyday to be with friends who support you
    social: Always looking forward to team events. Coming up is 2016 holiday party which is always smashing
    Best word to describe Nakisa at this time : Growth Growth Growth. it is very exciting

Cons

Need more people who are passionate about their work and who want to be part of a family.

Advice to Management

We need to do a better job in making Nakisa better known. lots are done but not enough is said about us.

Dec 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts. We are indeed growing and able to allow such great opportunities for those passionate and driven professionals. Thanks for being part of the ... More

"Great place and always improving!"

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Nakisa about 3 months ago and what can I say...I already feel like I'm with my second family.
    Going to work everyday is really fun where I'm surrounded by great people in terms of both personality and work ethic.
    Culture here is really the top focus..it's rare these days to find a workplace that is filled with people that treat each other with tremendous respect and truly go out of their way to help you.
    Prior to joining I was a bit skeptical due to some negative reviews that I read over here. However after going through the interviews and meeting great people right away, I knew that this company is on to something.
    Like any other company, Nakisa has its areas of improvement to work on. However, what makes Nakisa stands out is the recognition of these issues by upper management and actually working on fixing them.
    Let me first clarify that these issues are not serious anyway. In fact, many of those are potentially good ones. As many have mentioned, perhaps the most dominant one right now is being a little under staffed.
    This is where the management, lead the president, clearly stated the need to grow and almost double the size of the workforce!
    Finally, the company has an exciting product line and a very promising future. If you think you have the right skills and attitude, then I highly recommend you considering to join us.
    I've already referred a couple of my ex colleagues and looking forward to inviting more!

Cons

Development cycles need a bit more stability.
    Product vision needs a bit more clarity.

Advice to Management

Management seems to really listen to their employees and act really fast on issues. I advise them to keep it up as this keeps us really motivated and excited to give more. This could get tricky at times such as nowadays when we're aiming to double the size of the staff.

"Nakisa is a remarkably diverse company"

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have experienced a wide variety of company types throughout my career. Working at Nakisa has so far proven to be a novel work environment for me. Every diverse member of the team brings a level of dedication to their work that I find quite inspiring. We work very hard, but the culture makes for a lovely workplace.

Cons

Resources. We are presently in a very important period of transition which has prompted a hiring surge. We need reinforcements. Once all the roles are finally filled, it will be easier to develop an efficient workflow.

Advice to Management

I hope that the recruitment process will continue with a discerning lens, despite the urgency to hire. We need genuine team players to help us grow, not just talented individuals.

Apr 7, 2016

Agreed, our work environment speaks to the great culture we have built here. We will continue on hiring the key talent that we need.

9. "Dynamic work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers are supportive and transparent.
    Hard/good work is always noticed and appreciated.
    Friendly work environment.
    Awesome location.
    Many clients among Fortune 500 companies.
    Free breakfast and snacks all day.

Cons

Direction and company vision is sometimes blurry and unclear.
    Time to time firefighting keeps people in war rooms for long hours.

"Really good people, fast pace work environment, but a bit below average benefits"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Located in heart of downtown, the best about Nakisa is its people. Most people are smart, courteous, helpful and joy to work with. Fast pace dynamic work environment that provides learning opportunities but brings in instability as everything is changing constantly from product to processes to customers.

Cons

Below average benefits. Not much compensation for challenging tasks and extra work.
    Nothing much for employees to stick long term with company.

Advice to Management

You have some good products and serious potential of sales. So encourage your sales department to employ aggressive strategy for getting customers.
    Take care of your key people at least who had given decades to company. Invest in their careers (by providing training/courses) and in their future (provide some retirement funds, group plans etc.)

11. "Changing cap!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time

Pros

Great challenges
    Great opportunities of:
        Personal growth
        Profesional Growth
    Great culture and mindset!

Fairly new management team - Dynamic - are committed to make their department evolve, communicate with each other and focusing on shifting the direction of "the boat" from the previous Glassdoor comments.

If you don't want to be part of building something that can become great and put some effort to make it happen, then don't come, unless you are willing to take the challenge.

Cons

Need time to change some anchored habits/defensive mode from the "history", but will get there.

In the end it takes time and it is normal

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging the team to give ideas, allowing them to "shine" and to be part of the change!

Dec 21, 2015

Thank you for your comments. Nakisa is in a very stimulating and challenging place which is exactly where bright minds should be. We are very excited about what is coming up in 2016.