Nakisa Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nakisa President and CEO Babak Varjavandi
Babak Varjavandi

Pros
  • Free breakfast and snacks all day (in 10 reviews)

• People have been very friendly and willing to help (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Cons: Usual growing pains, have to adapt to changes (in 3 reviews)

• People do come and go a lot, that tells a lot about the company (in 2 reviews)

1. "Onboarding"

Pros

The company has made every effort to ensure the on-boarding process is smooth and easy. People have been very friendly and willing to help

Cons

Benefits package could be a little more robust

"Manager"

I worked at Nakisa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good exposure for starting career

Cons

Bad management family business like

Mar 23, 2017

We would hope that someone who stays in an organization for five years stays for more reasons than “good exposure”. We are proud of what we do, how we do it, and for what we have to offer our team ... More

3. "Growing with Success for Employees and Clients"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company in the technology Cloud sector who approaches from initial conversation to hire and embracing you when you meet - the concept of employment engagement and bringing out the best of you. Nakisa is growing quickly but want to do it right by clients and employees from top management down. Open minded and looking to engage and keep the best employees that yearn to be a part of a team that remembers why they hired you!

Cons

Growth is a strength and can be challenging but not necessarily a full con with Nakisa. They know they are growing and want to ensure you are not lost on the way....engagement and fit are key along with you smart skills and experience.
    You know things will only get better as Nakisa grows and continues to keep the door open,

Advice to Management

None at this point; great approach that reminds a person that you can matter in a corporate environment.

5. "Great Company"

Pros

Great culture, great people, lot of opportunities for learning and exploring different career paths.

Cons

Not just for Nakisa but any small growing company has challenges and depends if you are the type of person who likes challenges

Nov 18, 2016

Thank you for your comments. We definitely offer great career opportunities and welcome new talent who are wanting to further their expertise.

"Nakisa is a remarkably diverse company"

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have experienced a wide variety of company types throughout my career. Working at Nakisa has so far proven to be a novel work environment for me. Every diverse member of the team brings a level of dedication to their work that I find quite inspiring. We work very hard, but the culture makes for a lovely workplace.

Cons

Resources. We are presently in a very important period of transition which has prompted a hiring surge. We need reinforcements. Once all the roles are finally filled, it will be easier to develop an efficient workflow.

Advice to Management

I hope that the recruitment process will continue with a discerning lens, despite the urgency to hire. We need genuine team players to help us grow, not just talented individuals.

Apr 7, 2016

Agreed, our work environment speaks to the great culture we have built here. We will continue on hiring the key talent that we need.

7. "Dynamic work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers are supportive and transparent.
    Hard/good work is always noticed and appreciated.
    Friendly work environment.
    Awesome location.
    Many clients among Fortune 500 companies.
    Free breakfast and snacks all day.

Cons

Direction and company vision is sometimes blurry and unclear.
    Time to time firefighting keeps people in war rooms for long hours.

8. "Changing cap!"

I have been working at Nakisa full-time

Pros

Great challenges
    Great opportunities of:
        Personal growth
        Profesional Growth
    Great culture and mindset!

Fairly new management team - Dynamic - are committed to make their department evolve, communicate with each other and focusing on shifting the direction of "the boat" from the previous Glassdoor comments.

If you don't want to be part of building something that can become great and put some effort to make it happen, then don't come, unless you are willing to take the challenge.

Cons

Need time to change some anchored habits/defensive mode from the "history", but will get there.

In the end it takes time and it is normal

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging the team to give ideas, allowing them to "shine" and to be part of the change!

Dec 21, 2015

Thank you for your comments. Nakisa is in a very stimulating and challenging place which is exactly where bright minds should be. We are very excited about what is coming up in 2016.

9. "Nice People and Good Work Culture"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time

Pros

Located in Downtown. Nice People doing amazing work in HCM and Financial Area. Product is amazing and lot to learn.

Cons

Nothing at this point of time.

"Heart of downtown - Challenging and fun at the same time"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time

Pros

Recently, there have been some positive changes including the hiring of many experienced and talented people to help the company stay on the right path toward success.
    Everyone is working hard to create differentiated and quality products for the clients and we do it well. The company culture and the people's experience brought to the table help very much to achieve this. Sometimes, I can't believe the amount of bright people that work here.
    When it comes to employee satisfaction, there is a lot of headway in the last 6 months
    I can't deny that location is amazing.
    Employees are kept more in the loop in terms of company vision and strategy than ever before. There are frequent company wide meetings, company updates, emails etc

Cons

From my perspective, I can't complain. The company is growing, so employees need to adapt. If you're someone that doesn't adapt well to change, it could be more difficult. Every company has room to improve, it's just a matter of time and resources.

Advice to Management

I think we're going in the right direction.

"Great people, challenging work, lots of growth opportunity"

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has some of the best people I have ever worked with. It's like a "mini-UN" -- people come from all walks of life, different backgrounds, and different points. This definitely adds to the innovative and creative culture of the company. All teams work well together and everyone is always willing to help each other. Collaboration is definitely a strong point here.

The work is always changing, and it keeps you on your toes. Being a small company, you have the chance to get involved in many different initiatives that are outside of your typical job description. This really helps you in discovering your own strengths and interests and also build new marketable skills to put on your CV for the future.

Nakisa is also quite open to your personal growth and aligning your goals with the company goals. In times of growth, management is very good at recruiting internally first. As long as you make yourself clear of your interests, and where you think you can add value, management is very open to change your role to fit your satisfaction.

You get unlimited sick days a year. Your health and well-being is taken care of quite well. They're pretty good at accepting your request for time off, unless there is some dire need for you to be in during the time you requested. I have never been rejected for taking a vacation when I wanted

Cons

-Benefits are quite expensive for what is included in the package
    -Cubicles, though they are roomy, suck! Wish we could have an open-concept space
    -Not a big Work-From-Home culture - should be measured on the work you complete and its quality, not where you're working from...
    -no RRSP plan

Advice to Management

Can we look into other companies and plans for our benefits? I've previously had plans with way better coverage that cost about the same as what we pay for ours.

Be greener - lower our carbon footprint! for example...let's ask our cleaning staff to recycle our recycling bins...not just throw it in the same garbage bin as the actual garbage!

Also, there are other small benefits like transit cost sharing (50-50 on employees' transit pass costs). Many employees transit in, and this is a huge cost for them in a year. It would also encourage more employees to take transit, contributing to a lower company carbon footprint!

Give back to the community. Initiate relief fund collections for disasters, organize team building activities that include some sort of volunteering

Brighten up the office...the dark paint colors are not conducive to productivity!