Nakisa Reviews | Glassdoor

Nakisa Reviews

Updated May 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Free breakfast and snacks all day (in 11 reviews)

• Very nice people to work with and open to employee feedback (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Cons: Usual growing pains, have to adapt to changes (in 4 reviews)

• Small scale makes it difficult for strong career growth (in 2 reviews)

"Micromanagement and toxic environment"

I worked at Nakisa (More than a year)

Pros

- There are some genuinely good people who work there
    - Pay and benefits are decent

Cons

- Micromanagement
    - Turnover is high
    - The company lacks trust in their employees and its a regular occurrence for positions to have their responsibilities cut or to be completely transformed.
    - They do not invest in growing employees
    - Culture of fear and negativity
    - Lack of professionalism

Advice to Management

Bad attitude and poor work habits among the executive team. Not interested in fixing problems they create. Would rather blame employees for their mistakes than attempt to improve themselves.

Feb 8, 2017

Hello, It is apparent that you and Nakisa were not the right match, yet we appreciate the experience and believe it was a learning opportunity for both sides. For those of us who choose to stay ... More

"Poor leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is trully a company that values its employees, no doubt.

Cons

This is indeed a family run business. The great thing about this is that employees are treated as if they were part of one big happy familiy. The downside is that not necessarely all positions are occupied by the best talent available . At a time when growing pains need to get adressed quickly and effectively, when recruiting talent is a question of survival and when experience around the executive table is key, relying on family members and friends that have been around for a long time is not necessarely what's going to make this business succesful at capturing the enormous opportunity it faces.

Advice to Management

The owner of this company needs to surround himself with strong leaders at the top and empower them, not with friends, family members or yes men if they don't have what's required to get the job done. Time will tell, many entrepreneurs just don't have what it takes to get their business to the next level. We shall see.

3. "Growing with Success for Employees and Clients"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company in the technology Cloud sector who approaches from initial conversation to hire and embracing you when you meet - the concept of employment engagement and bringing out the best of you. Nakisa is growing quickly but want to do it right by clients and employees from top management down. Open minded and looking to engage and keep the best employees that yearn to be a part of a team that remembers why they hired you!

Cons

Growth is a strength and can be challenging but not necessarily a full con with Nakisa. They know they are growing and want to ensure you are not lost on the way....engagement and fit are key along with you smart skills and experience.
    You know things will only get better as Nakisa grows and continues to keep the door open,

Advice to Management

None at this point; great approach that reminds a person that you can matter in a corporate environment.

"I am a manager at Nakisa"

Current Employee - Management in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Management in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products
    Learning: From new technology to innovative ways of doing, opportunity to learn and develop is always present to be taken advantage of.
    Team work: It is wonderful to go to work everyday to be with friends who support you
    social: Always looking forward to team events. Coming up is 2016 holiday party which is always smashing
    Best word to describe Nakisa at this time : Growth Growth Growth. it is very exciting

Cons

Need more people who are passionate about their work and who want to be part of a family.

Advice to Management

We need to do a better job in making Nakisa better known. lots are done but not enough is said about us.

Dec 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts. We are indeed growing and able to allow such great opportunities for those passionate and driven professionals. Thanks for being part of the ... More

6. "Great Company"

Pros

Great culture, great people, lot of opportunities for learning and exploring different career paths.

Cons

Not just for Nakisa but any small growing company has challenges and depends if you are the type of person who likes challenges

Nov 18, 2016

Thank you for your comments. We definitely offer great career opportunities and welcome new talent who are wanting to further their expertise.

"Professional Services"

Former Employee - Professional Services Team in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Professional Services Team in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has access to business coming from SAP.
    Free breakfast every morning
    Nice office location
    Solid HCM line of products

Cons

Professional services run by an incompetent manager; poor leadership with lack of experience.
    Financial products poorly developed with lots of issues.
    HCM Hanelly not ready for real implementations.
    Incipient Cloud Strategy.
    Company has experienced growth without a sound strategy.

Advice to Management

Hire a professional management team who will have respect on employees and will really invest the time. Not just hire and then wait for employees to leave or fail.

Nov 18, 2016

Although we appreciate your feedback, it’s important for one to understand that without the big picture, a fair assessment of a rapidly growing global organization is premature. Though it may seem ... More

"Great Employees, Not So Great Vision & Management, Unstable Company"

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great co-workers, teams
    - Flexible, youthful environment
    - Free breakfast every morning
    - In-office cinema
    - Products with lots of potential
    - Good work/life balance
    - Great overall potential

Cons

- Chaos and disarray in professional services; poor leadership, communication and direction
    - Lack of overall vision and direction
    - Product centric company when they should perhaps be more focused on clients
    - Employee culture is great, but company culture needs immense work
    - Product (Hanelly) that has great potential but is not ready for prime time
    - Scattered departments, especially product, dev and profserv
    - Departments that should work better together / missing core synergies

Advice to Management

Look to hire a better core of management and leadership, especially in the professional services department.

Jun 16, 2016

It is well known that Nakisa has a great culture and is fortunate to have wonderful people working here. Our products are excellent and are certainly ready. We have invested a lot of time and effort ... More

"Great place and always improving!"

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Nakisa about 3 months ago and what can I say...I already feel like I'm with my second family.
    Going to work everyday is really fun where I'm surrounded by great people in terms of both personality and work ethic.
    Culture here is really the top focus..it's rare these days to find a workplace that is filled with people that treat each other with tremendous respect and truly go out of their way to help you.
    Prior to joining I was a bit skeptical due to some negative reviews that I read over here. However after going through the interviews and meeting great people right away, I knew that this company is on to something.
    Like any other company, Nakisa has its areas of improvement to work on. However, what makes Nakisa stands out is the recognition of these issues by upper management and actually working on fixing them.
    Let me first clarify that these issues are not serious anyway. In fact, many of those are potentially good ones. As many have mentioned, perhaps the most dominant one right now is being a little under staffed.
    This is where the management, lead the president, clearly stated the need to grow and almost double the size of the workforce!
    Finally, the company has an exciting product line and a very promising future. If you think you have the right skills and attitude, then I highly recommend you considering to join us.
    I've already referred a couple of my ex colleagues and looking forward to inviting more!

Cons

Development cycles need a bit more stability.
    Product vision needs a bit more clarity.

Advice to Management

Management seems to really listen to their employees and act really fast on issues. I advise them to keep it up as this keeps us really motivated and excited to give more. This could get tricky at times such as nowadays when we're aiming to double the size of the staff.

"Nakisa is a remarkably diverse company"

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have experienced a wide variety of company types throughout my career. Working at Nakisa has so far proven to be a novel work environment for me. Every diverse member of the team brings a level of dedication to their work that I find quite inspiring. We work very hard, but the culture makes for a lovely workplace.

Cons

Resources. We are presently in a very important period of transition which has prompted a hiring surge. We need reinforcements. Once all the roles are finally filled, it will be easier to develop an efficient workflow.

Advice to Management

I hope that the recruitment process will continue with a discerning lens, despite the urgency to hire. We need genuine team players to help us grow, not just talented individuals.

Apr 7, 2016

Agreed, our work environment speaks to the great culture we have built here. We will continue on hiring the key talent that we need.

11. "not bad, not good"

I worked at Nakisa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent co-worker, have healthy food in kitchen, nice location

Cons

poor management; not enough chances/challenges/trainings for employee to grow; a lot outstanding people left after 1st year;

Advice to Management

hire professional management team, have more respect on employees' talent, do some investment on employees

Apr 18, 2016

We strongly believe that we are in a good place. And after conducting Employee Engagement Surveys, and doing many of our hires through internal referrals, we know that we have built a strong and ... More