Nando's UK Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Nando's UK Managing Director Rob Papps
Rob Papps

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • free food everyday, nice atmosphere (in 56 reviews)

• Free meal/unlimited drinks on shift (in 32 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Pros

this is a better place to work

Cons

if you hate pressure, then do no venture

Advice to Management

always on top of issues

2. "I love working here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I only planned to work for Nando's for a year to gain experience, but 5 years on and I'm still here. The culture and values above all are what keeps me wanting more, but it's an amazing company for learning and development.

Cons

Salaries aren't the greatest, but then again I guess taking us on trips to South Africa, Portugal, etc (basically been on a glamorous trip abroad every year spoilt by the organisation).

Advice to Management

Salary and benefits could be worked on. When it's benefits it's the financial side that needs working on.

3. "Great place to work"

I worked at Nando's UK part-time

Pros

Welcoming place to work and lots of fun

Cons

Can be long hours and stressful

4. "very good"

Former Employee - Nandoca in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Nandoca in London, England (UK)

I worked at Nando's UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free food everyday, nice atmosphere

Cons

sometimes the people are childish

5. "Student Brand Rep & Marketing Assistant"

Current Employee - Student Brand Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Student Brand Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Nando's UK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nando's is an amazing company that seeks to better the lives of its workers by offering positions to them within the company which might otherwise seem impossible to reach. As a journalism student who had an interest in marketing, I never would have been able to get a job in the marketing industry. However, as a Nando's Student Brand Rep I have gained more experience in the marketing industry than some of my peers who are studying it at college. I can finally pursue a career in the industry I want thanks to Nando's.

Cons

There are no cons to this role as it is an amazing opportunity for any Nandoca to be involved in. However, as I am in my final year of college as well as working in the restaurant and doing the brand rep role, I have found that my workload is extremely heavy. This is more on my part though as I have decided to take on a lot.

6. "Good atuff"

Current Employee - Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Nando's UK (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility with hours and people

Cons

Hours on weekly basis for everyone

Advice to Management

Smile

7. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family: People at Nando's are incredible. Every restaurant has its different story or background, but the people you will find are always available and friendly
    Integrity: it's awesome how Nando's as a company is able to deliver such a meritocracy system in term of promotion or opportunity. Wherever you from or whenever you join Nando's, you will be always welcomed!
    Passion: I love how Head Office, L&D, Customer Service, MNGMT are always trying their best to help Nandocas from every store to enjoy their time at work. The passion start from the bottom to serve great food to the top our CEO always proud about Nando's.
    Pride: Nando's it's always present at all events locals,regionals or nationals to give that extra kick of flavour and show how great as a company it is. Since your Journey at Nando's start you will be involved in so many activities that you will be easily caught to be part of more, then you will find yourself to promote Nando's at anytime (when you travel, when you are with your friend etc).
    Courage: That it's the main part of the job, being a risk takers will get you far, very far in the company, at one point I thought there were no limit, because Nando's is complete (QG,Marketing, Finance, IT, B&M, Customer Service, Social Media, Music, Films etc) and as a company can help you to reach all your dream or vocation. Feel free to Flyhigh!!

Cons

Career: Try to grow up as quick as possible, making question, being risk takers, positive and a leader. Travel: use wisely your day off and plan in advance, which will help your worklife balance. Media: try to get involved in all the events that Nando's is present and keep updating yourself with the Nandoca App, which is full of cool stuff! Food: It's great, but don't take all the leftover at home because Nando's is involved in doing the right thing scheme giving the ref overs on charity. Family: be nice with your team and sometimes try to hang out all together

Advice to Management

Grillers wage increase, try to have less turnover, keep being nice and more development course!

8. "Cashier/ Nandoca experience"

I have been working at Nando's UK part-time

Pros

Meal every shift! - This makes living as a student much easier
    Team members/other employees- Everyone lives the Nando's values and are truly lovely to work with. It has become my second family!
    Shifts- It's shift work so easy to fit around your studies and it's very easy and flexible to swap shifts with your co-worker meaning you can still have a social life
    Investment- Nando's really invest in their employees. There is lots of room for development and progression and managers are always prepared to give you feedback and help you throughout your career journey
    - So much more than chicken and chips

Cons

- barely any.. except late nights when on a close which is expected in this line of work.

Advice to Management

keep being upbeat and positive- it's the people that make Nando's the best company I've worked for.

9. "Much more than Chicken and chips"

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Career development, autonomy, genuine care, social engagement

Cons

Time away from home. Base salary low, but achievable bonus structure. Maternity is basic

10. "Good but tiring"

I have been working at Nando's UK part-time

Pros

Flexibility is great for school, free food on shifts, paid breaks.

Cons

sometimes long hours without breaks, and the breaks can be incredibly short (20mins) management can be horrible and stuck up, can also be really hard work