NaphCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Jim McLane

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome place to work."

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at NaphCare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Naphcare is very dynamic company to work for. I find it to be a flexible and fun work environment.

Cons

Don't have any. they really set the bar.

Advice to Management

management is very understanding and relatable.

2. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaphCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants all provide a high level of care to patients. They respond quickly and professionally in any emergency.

Cons

Yearly raises should be based on performance instead of being the same across the board.

Advice to Management

Better communication and understanding of what each staff member is responsible for.

3. "Great benefits!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestavia, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestavia, AL

I have been working at NaphCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

4 weeks of PTO starting from day one! Great insurance with low employee premiums. Company is continuously growing. I've been with the company for 2 and a half years and I'm looking forward to many more!

Cons

The pros far outweigh any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the communication lines open!

4. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at NaphCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for NaphCare. They take very good care of their employees. The pay is great, the PTO is awesome, and the benefits are good.
    I work at one of their comprehensive jail sites so I communicate the with NaphCare corporate office through e-mail. The employees at corporate are very responsive and extremely helpful.
    Another plus about working for NaphCare is that they have sites all over the US and transferring to another facility is very easy if you wish to do so. Also, the company is growing which provides a lot of opportunity for professional growth within NaphCare.

Cons

I cannot think of any negatives.

5. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestavia Hills, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestavia Hills, AL

I have been working at NaphCare (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very little going for them in the area of positive vs con. After a tirade of complaints the company finally changed back to BCBS health insurance and despite the horrible management and lack of critical judgement in key hire areas, there remain a great deal of loyal,honest,personable, and unsung heroes at Corporate in the non-management sector.

Cons

The problem is in upper management not in Corporate as a whole. They value profit over people including those that have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and maintain a higher quality of workforce
    Your integrity is non-existent

6. "Sheriff's Department is a Pain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at NaphCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Naphcare is an okay company, they pay pretty well with decent benefits. Most of the staff are good to work around, and try to do their jobs well.

Cons

The Sheriff's Department in Tampa is extremely nosy and overbearing, they want to manage the medical stuff even though they know nothing about medicine. The physicians and psychiatrists mostly don't last long, they are run off by the workload and the constant interruptions of the SO and the administrative people. In the past six months, we lost all of our psychiatrists and all but one physician. The nurse practitioners try hard, but they are frustrated because they don't have good physician backup, as it keeps changing. It seems like the higher up you get, the more criticized you are, and the last couple of medical directors we had were good but didn't last a few months. The most recent one was very good, but obviously exhausted all the time and hounded by the admins and the majors office so badly they couldn't do anything clinical. We were told they quit, but the rumor is fired because of objecting to the constant criticism of all of us. Because the major in the SO who handles medical is so meddling and fickle, it is unlikely Naphcare will be at Hillsborough more than a couple years at best.

Advice to Management

Let your staff do their jobs, and defend them to the sheriff's office. Let people take vacations when they have the hours, and quit requiring salaried jobs to be 24/7 available. Quit firing your hardest workers.

7. "Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Naphcare is an awesome company to work for. I have been there 9 months and love it. The company is growing. Good salary, great benefits.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time. The health insurance wasn't that great but it just changed to a much better plan.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It seems like you really are looking out of the best interest of the staff.

"MA"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Reno, NV

I worked at NaphCare (More than a year)

Pros

I love working with people in WC, I had a great experience with really professional medical workers.

Cons

a new company and new rules, just take a time to establish

Advice to Management

They don't need my advice but if so -just respect people who working a lot and sometimes be aware what they saying or ask what they thinking.

"Stable Company - Bright Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at NaphCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since joining NaphCare, I have felt very welcomed and have connected with my colleagues very easily. There seems to be opportunities for career growth as the company grows. They have several new sites but not growing at a pace that is hard to keep up with. Great work/life balance!

Cons

I see no major cons at this time.

"NaphCare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at NaphCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NaphCare is a great company to work for. I have gained valuable experience during my time here. I'm grateful for the growth opportunities that have been presented to me. The working environment is pleasant and my co-workers are amazing! I anticipate a bright future here!

Cons

I don't have any cons to working here.