Narvar Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 67 reviews

4.2
Narvar CEO Amit Sharma
Amit Sharma
Pros
  • "Company perks such as free lunches, snacks, commuter benefits, team building are all great as well(in 10 reviews)

• "Flexible work timings make up for good work life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "typical growing pains of a skyrocketing start up in the midsts of major scaling(in 9 reviews)

• "The company is growing so fast people are asked to take on a lot(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast moving startup, with passionate team members and important mission"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Narvar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Passionate, meaningful work with smart people who really care about what they do but are humble and very approachable. Opportunities for growth are plentiful. Flexible working schedules, lunch provided daily, and programs around career growth and company culture give you a real feeling of belonging. A real opportunity working for a company that has a constant upward trajectory.

Cons

Usual startup issues; lack of structure, changing priorities, ambiguity in most of the projects. Siloed knowledge.

Advice to Management

Continue to work at the scale, don't let small projects get in the way of larger goals. Continue to work quickly, but ensure that projects are followed through to the end with the same enthusiasm they started with.

Narvar2019-04-14

Narvar Response

May 8, 2019Talent Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We strive to create an inclusive culture, so we're glad to hear you feel a sense of belonging at Narvar. We're excited about our trajectory too and are happy to have you with us!

2. "Great Company With Perfect Market Fit"

Current Employee - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Narvar full-time for less than a year

Pros

> Working alongside the world's top tier brands and retailers. > Cutting edge technology that is rapidly evolving with the changing retail landscape. > Extremely high client retention and customer satisfaction, Narvar clients see a clear ROI and are eager to learn from our experiences. > Autonomous environment where management trusts you to do what is best for your clients. > Awesome teammates who...

Cons

> High growth equates to short handed teams, prioritization and patience is a must. > If you aren't comfortable building the ship while you sail it, you will not find comfort at Narvar.

Advice to Management

Increase the hype! Narvar is doing incredible things and sometimes our mantra of "Be Humble" should be set aside to get excited about the rocket ship we are all tied to.

Narvar2019-03-09
  3. "Great experience from a great company"

Current Employee - Director Logistics Partnerships

I have been working at Narvar full-time for less than a year

Pros

fast, quick feedback, clear direction, great team

Cons

None at all, great process

Narvar2019-02-28

"Stay away"

I worked at Narvar

Pros

Nice solution, competitors nipping at their heels driving down pricing.

Cons

Too many managers and layers for such a start up, politics, favorites.

Advice to Management

Sell to SF now.

Narvar2019-03-11
    • "Tremendous Growth and Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Narvar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Narvar is a brand name that many of my friends know. For a software company, this is a rare event, but since the company has so many of the top retailers as customers it's not surprising. Narvar has a strong management team and is setting itself up for continued success. The company invests in important areas but is fiscally responsible as well. Narvar also takes an active role in working to develop you and your...

Cons

Like any startup, there are more things to do than time to do it. It is difficult to prioritize and not allow a fire drill environment to creep in.

Narvar2019-02-26
    • "Amazing People and Impactful Product"

Current Employee - CSM

I have been working at Narvar full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that are driving Narvar ahead are some of the most talented people I have ever had a chance to work with. There is a real sense of "team" at Narvar that helps tremendously when dealing with so many high level customers. There are also a lot of opportunities to further your knowledge and take on additional projects. The product is something that truly delivers ROI to customers. The ability to see the impact...

Cons

There are some growing pains with certain areas of support and integrations that need to be worked out. Customer issues can sit for too long impacting the relationship.

Narvar2019-03-11

"Interview Experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Narvar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well organized, quick follow up and a strong desire to ensure personality and skill set were a good fit for the company/job. Each interviewer was personable, respectful and asked meaningful questions.

Cons

At present, no cons to mention.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow rapidly, maintain an equal amount of focus on a thorough hiring process to ensure stellar individuals join our team.

Narvar2019-01-13

"One of the best career launching companies you could join"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Narvar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Narvar is just the right size - not too big, not too small, so it's a great time to join It's a fast-paced environment and you're given the autonomy to really own your projects There are a lot of opportunities to grow and develop your career if you have the drive Leadership team is really down to earth and approachable

Cons

Typical startup pains -documentation and processes are evolving as we speak. You need to be flexible and roll with the punches.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job of ingraining the company values as we've grown. Make sure we continue to hire people who fit those values!

Narvar2018-12-29
    • "Pioneers of the post purchase experience with a bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Narvar full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Creator of a new category leading the post purchase movement on a mission to simplify the lives of consumers - Team oriented environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for - Emphasis on core values, learning, and growing - Good set of benefits and perks

Cons

Typical growth pains of fast growing startups such as having enough resources and making sure we keep the culture intact as we continue to grow in so many locations.

Advice to Management

Please take your time in finding the best leaders you can find that will help scale the organization over the next few years. As we grow, it would be nice to add to the already amazing range of benefits and perks offered.

Narvar2018-12-05

Narvar Response

January 29, 2019Talent

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback! I'm glad to hear that our efforts to remain committed to our core values as we've grown have been successful.

"Ok product, but everything else there is a mess."

Former Employee - Sales and Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Narvar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch. Decent benefits.

Cons

Too many to list regarding management and direction

Advice to Management

You need to make many management changes to get to the next level.

Narvar2019-01-03