Nasdaq Reviews | Glassdoor

Nasdaq CEO Adena Friedman
Adena Friedman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

Pros

Great place for college grad. Travel and great learning environment for someone with very little experience. Incredible vista from office floor and fresh fruit every day!

Cons

Relentless hours, tedious time consuming manual requests and little recognition for hard work. Micromanaging to the hilt and beyond! If you hit quota one month then Miss by 5% look out!

Advice to Management

Figure out what works and make commission fair to all

2. "Ok company"

I worked at Nasdaq full-time

Pros

Good benefits and work-life balance

Cons

Micro management and average pay

Advice to Management

Provide more growth opportunities and cross-functional learning

"Tough place to succeed"

I worked at Nasdaq full-time

Pros

Smart people and good benefits

Cons

Narrow minded, micromanagement and want you to do their way despite them saying they want change.

Advice to Management

Get real. Come down from the Ivy tower.

4. "High stress environment with little support"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Rockville, MD
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Rockville, MD

I worked at Nasdaq as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

-creative co-workers who follow through on execution
    -crisis management was very well organized, very transparent, and collaborative

Cons

-isolated office location
    -high stress environment, everything is a priority and needs to be done immediately, leadership does not push cohesive goals, each business unit and team has unique goals that they feel are priorities
    -no support or ability to push back on projects you disagree with or cannot produce in a timely manner
    -very little cohesive firmwide strategy

"Stay away from their HR area"

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Nasdaq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you can make some good friends with colleagues because it's an "us against them" environment. Decent benefits and vesting if you can make it that long

Cons

Middle to upper management in for themselves only, will use you until you become any kind of threat to them. 90% of employees from 2015 are gone now, almost no one makes it more than three years there, very high pressure and expectations.

Advice to Management

Clean house with mid to upper management so the actual workers can do a good job instead of CYA and worrying about being replaced

"I worked in Corporate Solutions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Nasdaq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation and high quality devices, equipment and software. Generous annual bonus. Good people and solid teamwork environment.

Cons

Management was a mess. Many of the higher ups left or were asked to leave after an acquisition. I think I had 4 different managers in less than a year because of restructuring and team changes. I had one manager who had no idea what I did or how I did it. The best people to work with got smart and found other jobs, including me. Long work hours expected. No clear career path options. Lots of office politics.

Advice to Management

Figure it out and get some stability

"Need to move into the 21st Century"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nasdaq full-time

Pros

Successful company with smart Senior Leadership. Lots of potential (if you are given the chance) pay is decent and great health benefits. Hire good people. Solid successful company. Spends money wisely if not a bit too frugally.

Cons

Doesn't have the infrastructure in place to support their continued growth. Working on it but not there yet. Doggy dog "old school hierarchical culture ". Highly competitive-don't encourage team work there is a lot of "I" and not enough "we". Most of the. VP group ( EVP, AVP, SVP AND VP) always looking to point out each other's deficiencies or their departments perceived errors or mistakes. Runs too lean and proud of it. Everything in writing to cover themselves. Too much paperwork and back and forth to get things done.

Advice to Management

Come down from the ivory tower and get real. Put aside your competitiveness between departments. Allow the talented people you hire to do their jobs. Stop spinning our wheels. Also, have a less impersonal onboardimg process. Streamline processes for your shared services team., stop offshoring jobs, hire your contractors as employees. Give more time off.

"Getting there"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nasdaq (More than a year)

Pros

The management in the Chicago office works so hard to support their teams through a very difficult acquisition. People in the office are what make the organization. They are hardworking and friendly.

Cons

Everyone is spread too thin. Their processes are not streamlined and it takes the focus away from selling. Industry is dying and the market is oversaturated. They need to understand what their competitors are doing and get ahead of the game. Marketing, marketing, marketing. The upper management is very out of touch with the day to day problems.

Advice to Management

Understand the day to day issues and fix it. It should be the number priority. This will shift the focus back to selling!

"Now Thomson"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

NASDAQ has good employee benefits including stock and option grants although those are heavily tilted to senior management.

Cons

NASDAQ acquired Thomson's IR unit in 2013. NASDAQ pretty much turned over its entire corporate solutions group and culture to the Thomson people, and gave and continues to give opportunities and advancement to the Thomson alum. Meanwhile the core IR unit has consistently seen revenues and product quality decline - this is masked in earnings reports by NASDAQ's acquisition of other companies in the space and allocation of those revenue to the market technology/corporate solutions unit.

Advice to Management

Good luck with that.

10. "Steady decline in available work..."

Former Freelancer - Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Freelancer - Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Nasdaq (More than 5 years)

Pros

Name recognition, former glory days.

Cons

Some of it's businesses are failing or losing ground. Lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

Spin off businesses that are draining your bottom line.