Nasdaq 271 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

1. "Pretty darn good"

I have been working at Nasdaq full-time

Pros

Great mentor program
    Interesting projects
    Friendly colleagues

Cons

Training seems to be restricted to Nasdaq-selected courses.

Advice to Management

Please open up training to everything.

2. "Test Automation"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Nasdaq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, cool projects, challenging problems

Cons

Nothing bad here, really, it's a nice company

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing now

"Need to move into the 21st Century"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nasdaq full-time

Pros

Successful company with smart Senior Leadership. Lots of potential (if you are given the chance) pay is decent and great health benefits. Hire good people. Solid successful company. Spends money wisely if not a bit too frugally.

Cons

Doesn't have the infrastructure in place to support their continued growth. Working on it but not there yet. Doggy dog "old school hierarchical culture ". Highly competitive-don't encourage team work there is a lot of "I" and not enough "we". Most of the. VP group ( EVP, AVP, SVP AND VP) always looking to point out each other's deficiencies or their departments perceived errors or mistakes. Runs too lean and proud of it. Everything in writing to cover themselves. Too much paperwork and back and forth to get things done.

Advice to Management

Come down from the ivory tower and get real. Put aside your competitiveness between departments. Allow the talented people you hire to do their jobs. Stop spinning our wheels. Also, have a less impersonal onboardimg process. Streamline processes for your shared services team., stop offshoring jobs, hire your contractors as employees. Give more time off.

"Okay!?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Nasdaq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team is one of the best things i ever had in nasdaq. Well, I guess that would give you motivation to work.

Cons

Management. I guess they still have to improve their upper management structure.

Salary.

Workloads. Too much workload causes up stress with the employees.

Less worklife balance.

Advice to Management

Prevent often restructuring.

6. "Nice company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Pros

Many opportunities to grow and learn new skills. Hard work required but also helpful colleagues that are always open to help.

Cons

Work and life balance could be better.

7. "Good place to work"

Pros

Great working environment and tools

Cons

People who work there are not very motivated

"Experience depends on team"

I have been working at Nasdaq full-time

Pros

Great teams and good benefits

Cons

Cross functional collaboration is difficult to see

Advice to Management

Need to be forward thinking

9. "Analyst"

Pros

Growing company with a lot of opportunity

Cons

Company has been purchased by NASDAQ

"So glad to be out of there!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Nasdaq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits such as HCF Health Insurance top family cover, extra superannuation, bonus plan & equity, plus discounted purchasing of shares. Regular social events. Great location by Sydney Harbour. Some nice & competent staff.

Cons

I got really bad pay for the amount of experience that I had, my skills and my qualifications, and the responsibility that I had. I worked in the Corporate Solutions part of the business. A lot of management are on huge salaries, even the sales team get huge commissions and salaries. Totally hamstrung by a lack of resources and no budget. A lot of talentless overpaid clueless lazy people in senior management roles. Some dishonest and incompetent staff. A lot of backstabbing and greasing up to senior management by certain people to get promoted, and greasing to secure their own roles in the company at the expense of others. Staff drinking too much at work functions or at lunch and acting inappropriately. A lot of people doing the bare minimum in their role. A lot hoping for redundancy. A lot of useless people brought across from Thomson Reuters. One guy who was brought over from the US to increase sales of one product - Thomson ONE IR did the exact opposite- in the time he was in Sydney sales dipped 25% of that product but yet he got wait for it - promoted?! He was also instrumental in getting several people made redundant who were working a lot harder than him - he used to watch US sport on his computer in work time!?! He did next to no work. Total lack of support for the Australian market, the company is totally focussed on the US. I was lied to and told I was going to get a pay rise and promoted by management and HR. I was also lured into a meeting with HR to be made redundant with a lie - a fellow employee - the same guy mentioned above - made out he wanted to have a meeting with me (he was even carrying a document) and led me into an office where HR were waiting - totally dishonest! HR could have just invited me to a meeting. No chance for career advancement in Australia - a dead end job. Totally underpaid. I found the job and company to be depressing and frustrating. So glad to be out of there! I was glad to leave and had been looking at leaving for some time and was glad to do so with a redundancy package. I'm so much happier now and earning a lot more money and surrounded by competent knowledgeable staff.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the talentless lazy managers who are all talk with no idea about strategy or delivering results and lack the skills and qualifications in the relevant areas, and who try and lay the blame on others. Local HR are incompetent and dishonest and need replacing - especially management.

"Acquisition Phase"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nasdaq full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are sufficient and well rounded; there is also a tenure system, diversity of job roles is generally good as it is a diverse exchange/tech company, stock price is managed very well and employees get equity share

Cons

There is a systemic lack of growth as Nasdaq is still in the acquisition phase so there are a glut of mid-upper management and not enough workers so the trend is to decrease promotions rather than increase. There are also no real internal growth intentions except NFX (futures) which is highly underfunded and not yet profitable.

Advice to Management

Not sure. I think you just have to wait out this season and look for more internal growth abilities. Probably make better decisions in the M&A department (e.g. eSpeed).