Nasuni Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Andres Rodriguez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Nasuni isn't right for everyone, but it might be right for you!"

I have been working at Nasuni full-time

Pros

Like any company, Nasuni isn't the right fit for everyone. We have entered a period of rapid growth over the last 2 years and it looks like that trend will continue for the foreseeable future. One of my favorite things about working for a small-ish company is that rapid growth means a massive amount of opportunity for professional development because employees get to wear multiple hats and contribute to the success of the company by working cross-functionally and participating in critical company initiatives. But, you will only be happy here if you like a passionate and fast-paced work environment. Some people thrive in that kind of culture, others do not. If you don't, then you will likely burn out pretty quickly at Nasuni.

As far as perks go, the free snacks, unlimited PTO, and $5,000 employee referral bonuses are great. Nasuni already offers health and dental insurance and is adding vision insurance in 2018. The Leadership Team knows how hard we all work and wants only the best for us, so we have best-in-class work stations and special events like the upcoming Health & Wellness Fair, through which we can get on-site dental cleanings and flu shots, an ergonomic assessment of our workstations, and chair massages.

I had to chuckle at one of the other reviews that complained about the constant "do this, now do that, wait now do something else." Isn't that how every job is? You come to work every day and get paid to "do this," then you get paid to "do that," and then when business priorities change you have to pivot and "do something else." What makes it different at Nasuni is that everything you’re “doing” is contributing to pushing the company along the upward trajectory that we are on. Knowing this makes me look forward to going to work every morning, motivates me throughout the day, and gives me a large sense of self-satisfaction when it’s time to head home. If you want to be just another cog in the wheel, then you’ll probably be happier at a large company. If you want to work hard, have fun while you’re doing it, and be a part of something amazing then you’ll probably be happy at Nasuni.

Cons

Any company growing at such a rapid pace will have growing pains. The biggest one that affects me right now is interdepartmental communication, but we are all working together to learn everyone’s preferred communication style and to ensure that everyone is on the same page.

A few months ago, I would have said that the lack of a training program was also a con, but that was recently rectified when the company hired its first Trainer and committed to investing in an LMS.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! What you're doing is working, which is pretty clear by the $30M of funding that we recently got from Goldman Sachs.

A huge challenge with growing this quickly is that you run the risk of growing so fast that the company loses the culture that made it so successful in the first place. I don't think we're at imminent risk of this, but it's something to keep a pulse on as we continue to scale.

"Interesting place, some great folks amongst the mediocre"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks. Location is great. Parties are tacky and juvenile themed but keep people distracted and content. The office is really nice if you like that kind of thing.

Cons

Look, this place is fine if you're happy with the status quo and mediocrity. A bunch of people here heard a certain exec drafted the last, very lengthy Glassdoor review or shall I say "advertisement" for the company, which is kind of pathetic. But that's what you get here. It's an ok place to park until you find something better.

Advice to Management

Grow up a little. Some of you act like it's a fraternity and reward behavior that would get you fired elsewhere. Hiring your buddies for jobs they're not qualified for, that's just not cool. The rest of us just sit back and pretend to go along with it but we're mortified. A paycheck is a paycheck, but don't expect to get a lot out of people in the current environment. Take a long look in the mirror, exec team!

"BEST PLACE EVER!!!"

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Nasuni for just about a year now and I can honestly say this is one of the BEST places I have ever worked, and I actually enjoy coming to work. The product is incredible, the people (at every level) are amazing and the culture is simply unmatched. Nasuni really does what it can to give the people not only what they need, but what they want, in the best way that they can. The company has grown tremendously in the year that I have been here and seems to just keep on growing. I love working at Nasuni and am really excited to see what great things are in store for us in 2018.

Cons

nothing that comes to mind at the moment

"Stay far away, unless you're a bro"

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology, and really nice office.

Cons

Where to start? If you're a total bro, you will fit right in. Drinking beer and kegs in the office, etc. It sounds like fun but honestly, it's kind of sad to see old executives acting like they're 25. Don't expect to have any work life balance if you want to stand out here. CFO hires all of the leftovers from past companies who are marginal at best, but don't tick them off because then you're really screwed. CEO runs hot and cold with people and is all over the map in terms of strategic direction. This company burns a ton of cash trying to keep people happy with parties and snacks to compensate for being treated poorly, and I'm shocked our investors are ok with it.

Advice to Management

Take a long, hard look in the mirror. You set the example for the rest of us, and while some of you are great, you can't compensate for the poor ones. The whole Pearl Jam crew is just sad.

"Terrible place to work, questionable leadership choices"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Nasuni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The new office in Boston is a huge upgrade. Personally the team I worked with was amazing and the main reason I stuck around as long as I did. The administrative team did a nice job with events and parties.

Cons

That said, all the parties in the world don't make up for the frantic pace and constant "do this, now do that, wait now do something else" mode this company works in. No real vision or growth strategy that myself and others can see, and constant promises but no follow through. The leadership team is weak. Like someone else said, there is a patriarchal culture here that makes it tough to work here if you're a woman. A few executives are downright gross but they are charming enough to some people to get off "scott-free". I do appreciate the effort of the CEO to try to raise the bar but unfortunately he can't do it alone and with some of the members of leadership. Also, people are terribly overworked. Don't come here if you want a reasonable workload or a life outside of work. Some groups are overstaffed and other groups are underwater with work. Oh and don't bother going to human Resources, they leak information and aren't very helpful. I was glad to get out when I did before the ship sinks.

Advice to Management

See above, and do something about it before more of your best people walk out the door.

Nasuni Response

Oct 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

We are delighted that you worked with an amazing team and enjoyed the company events and parties.

We are taking your feedback seriously and... More

"Hitting Their Stride"

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful new office with some cool perks. Company is moving in the right direction after slow growth for a while. Nasuni is in the right place as the world continues to embrace cloud data storage. Great atmosphere and there's lot's of room for growth. Getting the right people in place.

Cons

The company is still evolving which means there are some gaps still that they're working to fill. Don't expect too much from a training/on-boarding perspective but this should be improving and there's plenty of opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep the same friendly vibe while continuing to grow. Make the investment in training so growth doesn't impact quality and performance.

"Rapid Growth"

I have been working at Nasuni full-time

Pros

Incredible opportunity to advance your career while working with a world class Executive team that truly cares about your future development and overall well- being.

Cons

Nasuni is hitting its stride and will continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide current employees with the ability to be promoted internally

"Incredible Sales Team"

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Nasuni culture is truly one of a kind. The willingness to support each other and drive each and every individual to success is unparalleled. The sales team is a seriously tight knit squad and everyone is driven and hard working.

Cons

Because it isn't a larger company, the goals and objectives shift with the industry and business. Versatility is definitely a large determinant of success within the organization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Inside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great market with huge potential. Company is laser focused on where its going and how to get there. Team full of A players with big time exposure to executive teams. Lots of room to grow within the company. Unbelievable office in Seaport with cool startup vibe.

Cons

None besides long hours here and there

Advice to Management

Keep it up

10. "Fun and Competitive Culture with a killer product in a massive market"

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere with premium perks in the brand-new Seaport office
    Sales culture emphasizes training and development
    Inside Sales team is very close knit, helping each other out constantly, but also enjoys competing with each other for the top spot
    Career options and promotional path is top-notch, especially for a company as small at Nasuni

Cons

Newer name in the marketplace so little name recognition with enterprise customers at this point... this is changing FAST though

Advice to Management

Keep making the office a fun place to come to ... we are all enjoying working hard to achieve great results