KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 587 of over 617 reviews

3.6
Natera CEO Steve Chapman
Steve Chapman

What people are saying about Natera

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with(in 57 reviews)
  • "They give a lot of free food and benefits are good(in 44 reviews)
  • "Great company and culture at Natera(in 28 reviews)
  • "Great work culture, excellent pay package, and plenty of scope for growth.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Free lunches and snacks, great coworkers if you pick the right shift/department.(in 15 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Natera and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

great

Jun 23, 2022 - IT Helpdesk Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

love it a whole lot

Cons

not remote for my position

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate the feedback and hope you have great coworkers and enjoy the benefits of being in the office. Thank you!

2. 5.0

Just 👌

Jun 12, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bio tech company which has good potential

Cons

Lack of engineers and remote team

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the 5-star review! Your feedback is much appreciated! Thanks, JE - recruitinggh@natera.com

3. 4.0

Pay

Jun 12, 2022 - Reagent Quality Control Associate I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment. They care about employees

Cons

The pay is not good.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the 4-star review! We appreciate the honesty in your feedback. Please let us know if you have any additional issues or feedback that you would like to address. Thanks, JE - recruitinggh@natera.com

4. 2.0

Toxicity at its finest

Jun 25, 2022 - Sr. Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with.

Cons

Too many politics at the leadership level. CEO is not held accountable for rash decisions. There is a MAJOR lack of process across the board and the entire environment is a constant state of reactive chaos. Lack of diversity at the ELT level, horrible work/life balance, and little focus is actually on their employees.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you enjoy the company culture. Our company values the opinions and input of each employee, which is why we appreciate your honesty in this review. We take everything you say into consideration for the growth of the company. If you’d like to discuss any specific issues, please contact HR at- recruitinggh@natera.com.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jun 9, 2022 - Data Entry Operator in San Carlos, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers want to see you succeed at Natera. Everyone is very kind, which is very helpful for a WFH job.

Cons

Working from home is not ideal for everyone, but it works for some.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the 5-star review! Your feedback and advice are much appreciated! Thanks, JE - recruitinggh@natera.com

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Bad Management

Jun 15, 2022 - Associate Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is good to work.

Cons

leaders are immature and have bad managing style.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your honesty. You bring up a lot of points that we are taking into consideration for the future growth of the company. Please contact us with any further issues you want to address. Thanks, JE - recruitinggh@natera.com

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Job I ever had

May 31, 2022 - Customer Service Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Natera is a great place to work. I have a great Manager who understands work/life balance. Been here almost 2 years, working remotely. Best job I have ever had.

Cons

I can not think of any cons for Natera.

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the 4-star review, we’re happy to hear you’ve enjoyed the many benefits and love working for Natera! Thanks, JE - recruitinggh@natera.com

8. 2.0

Amazing Work Environment. Horrible Management

Jun 8, 2022 - MLS I
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work with high end/high through put machines -Able to work on a variety of methods. -Lunch is provided -Very friendly and support work environment

Cons

-Shady business practices (See the New York Times article and the Hindenburg Research article) -No monetary incentive to stay (Pays on the lower end for this type of work) -Poor management practices (There is no communication for how work is evaluated for raises, there is no opportunity for people to negotiate raises, and upper management regulates all of this without ever meeting with employees)

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your honesty, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed our training programs and community. You bring up a lot of points that we are taking into consideration for the future growth of the company. Please contact us with any further issues you want to address. Thanks, JE - recruitinggh@natera.com

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Somewhat Depressing But Could Be Worse

Jun 9, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits. It's not the worst place to work. Company seems to be in a growth area so it should be a place that will be around for a while, possibly even purchased by some larger company, at some point.

Cons

It's difficult to get anything accomplished, there, and there's a defeatist attitude about it. They're so busy hanging onto past mistakes they've made they can't seem to get over that and move forward. Work is completely unbalanced where some people have great work-life balance and others work like dogs with long hours, incredible stress and few breaks.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, we’re sorry to hear you’ve had a stressful working experience. We appreciate your honesty and will keep this feedback in mind as we expand the company. Please feel free to reach out with any other issues that weren't addressed. Thanks, JE - recruitinggh@natera.com

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Jun 8, 2022 - Research Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food and snacks, networking

Cons

Poor Management, High school feeling

Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your honesty, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed networking. Please contact us with any further issues you want to address. Thanks, JE - recruitinggh@natera.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 587 Reviews

Natera Reviews FAQs

Natera has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 617 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Natera to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Natera employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Natera. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

72% of Natera employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Natera 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Natera to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Natera Job Seekers