Cover image for Natera

Natera

Engaged Employer

Natera

Add a Review

Natera Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 19, 2021

Found 30 of over 692 reviews

3.3
Natera CEO Steve Chapman
Steve Chapman

What people are saying about Natera

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Natera? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Natera employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Disorganization (mostly linked to poor management)(in 53 reviews)
  • "Low pay and measly raises (which are given 3 months late).(in 34 reviews)
  • "A very high turnover rate because people feel unvalued and unappreciated by the company and very often by the managers as well.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Hostile work environment due to upper management being mental(in 17 reviews)
  • "Favoritism is obvious(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Natera and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Clinical Laboratory Associate II

May 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to gain a lot of "hands on" experience in OPS. Able to transfer to different departments to learn new techniques. An onsite gym available for exercise enthusiasts. Catering available three times weekly for those working 8AM-5PM and once weekly for the folks working Swing/Grave. Scheduling based on seniority so the longer you stay, the better the schedule you can get.

Cons

Just read all the reviews that others have left. I can't disagree with a single thing I've read. This entire company is founded on unqualified people being promoted simply because they've cozied up with upper management. Raises are minimal because the attitude of management is that 'they can hire any new grad to do the same work and get paid less' - sadly employees, their experience, and dedication to the company is not valued or appreciated.

18 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0

billing specialist

Nov 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

dress code, free lunches and snacks

Cons

Upper management ever changing policies

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your response and continued support of Natera! We look forward to working as a team on better communication and more clearly defining opportunities for management development and job advancement. Our improvements in the recent employee engagement survey are showing we are heading in the right direction, but more to do!

3. Join the Natera team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Doing the right thing here doesn't exist

Aug 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The technology and future endeavors into oncology are promising.

Cons

This by far is one of the most unethical companies I have worked for in terms of billing practices, compensation plan revisions mid quarter that negatively affect the sales force and not paying commissions that were rightfuly earned based on billing technicalities. If you're interviewing, you need to reach out to a few sales people around the country and ask how many thousands of dollars they're out in commissions this quarter based on tests not being submitted to insurance plans due to the billing department's lack of follow up. Ask about the constant change in point allocation for each quarter's commission plan and how they conveniently change them and are pondering rolling over a quarter's sales knowing it is not a equal comparison for commission payment. Upper management at this company does not respect the salesforce and it is evident quarter after quarter as they plan games with commission plan and payments. The billing practices have put us at a clear disadvantage within many territories with large clinic systems as they continue to submit astonishingly high list prices to insurance companies without any movement towards in network plan status. Out of pocket billing of state insured patients is common place and should have been nixed long ago. Upper management is filled with embarrassingly immature and inept 'leaders' who fill positions with cronies of the same caliber. The bottom line is the company wants one thing only and it's to ensure that upper management receives a handsome payday on their stock distributions. All others be damned.

19 people found this review helpful

Internal Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you have faced difficulties with your commission. We experienced issues with timely billing and payments from our customers. We fixed those glitches. So we believed those issues did not affect our sales team’s compensation. Though sales goals do change with the wave of business needs, we follow all legal guidelines to ensure our employees are notified of all changes and are paid on time and accurately. We encourage you to reach out to our Compliance Hotline, found on our intranet, if you suspect any unethical behavior at any time. We take this feedback seriously and want to remedy this immediately.

5. 1.0

Awfully Toxic Environment

Oct 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work on products that actually make a difference in patient's lives and help people.

Cons

- Upper management toxic disrespectful behavior towards lower level employees and no one objecting to it. - Immense amount of pressure on employees due to aggressive timelines. - Biostatistics management using feedback process and criticism as a weapon and to exert power, as opposed to using it as a tool for employee improvement. - Biostatistics management way of handling having received an honest (polite) negative feedback is to retaliate against the provider of the feedback by taking actions which would push them to quit their job.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Natera Response

We appreciate the honesty in your feedback. We certainly do not support such behavior here and will keep this feedback in mind as we continue to expand and improve the company. Thanks, Recruiting Team recruitinggh@natera.com

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Dreadful place!

Sep 19, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Products that help and catered food,

Cons

Terrible place to work. Stressful and chaotic environment. Department favoritism. Complete and utter lack of support from team members and managers. No appreciation. No teamwork and leaves you alone to do your job and expects you to perform without proper guidance and training. Leads and upper management has a complete stuck up attitude.

21 people found this review helpful

Employee Communications

We are definitely in hyper growth mode at Natera which can affect our teams and people differently. However, team work is one of our core values and its importance is emphasized and recognized from all levels of management. We depend on feedback from employees to individual managers or our HR Business Partners to understand how the fast pace is affecting individual employees.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Natera is the real deal

May 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Natera with only a bit of previous experience in biotech. My seniors and the upper management was extremely helpful. They helped me learn the ropes and equipped me with the knowledge and skills that I needed to grow. In 4 years, they appreciated my contribution, and I reached a senior post. I have learned a great deal here, and I will always be thankful to Natera for it. Great work culture, excellent pay package, and plenty of scope for growth.

Cons

There were minor internal disagreements in my department. Fortunately, upper management got it resolved.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition and Engagement Specialist

We're so pleased to hear that your experience at Natera has been a great one. Thank you for your contributions during your time with the company as it sounds like you have been a great employee so we appreciate all your hard work. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors!

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing pains and STEEP learning curve

Oct 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible hours - "unlimited" PTO for salary - rapid growth as a company - lunch provided

Cons

- No professionalism in some of the managers at all - Favoritism is obvious- Promotion and growth is based on how well you are liked- long working hours and expected to answer emails and keep up with work when on PTO - expected to have knowledge that exceeds job description (STEEP learning curve with minimal training) - HR sides with upper management and will not back employees up

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

3 months in, and I LOVE my job!

Jun 16, 2016 - Lab Genetic Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. I love my colleagues. I work on a great team where we all help each other and work together on shared tasks. 2. My manager (and other managers I interact with) truly cares about whether I am enjoying my job and how I can grow and learn in the company. 3. Everyone at Natera genuinely feels excited and proud of what we're doing, and that's a really awesome environment to work in. 4. In my particular job, I get to work remotely which is great and allows for good work-life balance. 5. Upper management is legitimately interested in hearing ideas and feedback from all employees.

Cons

1. When I started Human Resources had been undergoing some staff changes (so I heard) so the onboarding process could have been smoother (IT was great though helping me get set up!).

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Count your blessings if you have not accepted an offer

Sep 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Direct deposit New laptops Long time employees will confirm all negative Glassdoor reviews and that is the norm for Natera Food & beverages

Cons

Women's health co. that does NOT respect women! No one is desperate enough to be employees here Management all levels Positive reviews on GD are most likely from HR & upper management Start up feel, no dept on the same page or follow same process Employee engagement results are not taken seriously

22 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

We respect your views and encourage you to filter the Glassdoor posts to view CURRENT employees. You’ll see the ratings go up significantly. While we work hard to help all employees enjoy a successful career with Natera, we are not successful in every case. Our high performing workforce, especially our women leaders, enjoy the respect and rewards that they earn and deserve at Natera.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews