National Agents Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
National Agents Alliance CEO Andy Albright
Andy Albright

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training, they keep God in the business and ain't afraid to say AMEN (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible schedule,many good products to sell (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing for me, but some people might not be able to handle having to be self motivated and having to WORK to make money instead of collecting a check (in 18 reviews)

• This is average I heard some people going through 15 leads a literally getting no one and you loose that money (in 7 reviews)

"100% Honest review about National Agents Alliance"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Agents Alliance part-time (More than a year)

Pros

National Agents Alliance is a great company if you actually follow their system. Once you know the system, you can print money. It takes time but if you have a good upline, you'll earn as you learn. If not, find someone who's good QUICKLY (that's what I did).

Can build your own business that'll make you passive income in the long run, but not right away. Treat it like a business and invest and it will pay you like a business hand over fist. $50k in passive income is better than $75k that you work for year in and year out. I have made 6 figures as a 25/week agent in my 2nd year.

The leadership and the culture is incredible and all positive. The majority of the conference calls is about your "MINDSET" and not product knowledge.

Buying your own leads is ideal for anyone who wants to run a business and not work a job. You're in control of how much you get and how much you don't get which is important to me since I'm part time. The leads are quality leads but you have to use NAA's system to book appointments with them (be coachable). I tried it my way and failed. Bad.

The first 6 months, I thought they were selling me some bs dream. I started to get on the calls and listen to people making money and I started making money. Its that simple. When you learn how to help families, you get paid. Once you got it, you got it. Bottom line.

The Good Samaritan Bonus where you donate money to your nonprofit of choice is a great touch and its something to strive for.

Cons

You can't just come in, grab leads and sell like I thought you could. I felt like I was deceived.

The building a business part of it takes a lot of time. A lot of work for a little bit of results. There needs to be a system that helps you keep track better and something other than "hire everyone"

They dont teach everyone the script for the older leads. It took me 4 months to learn how to book them and it was one simple thing Andy said that fixed everything. Tell everyone how to work your leads right away.

You don't tell people that this is a multi-level-marketing organization (just like 90% of insurance companies, but most people don't know how the industry works). If I didn't know that insurance is about "spread and overrides" I would've thought this was a pyramid scheme. I know its not, but most people don't the difference.

Advice to Management

People should talk more about your culture and less about the leads that you have when you interview. All companies have leads. All companies charge for their leads (and if they don't, your contract level is so low that whoever is paying for them is covering their bill 100% of the time. Either you pay for your time/effort or someone else will essentially "employ" you by getting you leads). You get bad reviews because people don't realize that NAA is culture that trains people how to sell insurance. Not just an insurance marketing organization

Teach people specifically how to work the older leads because people will quit and think it doesn't work if you're not crystal clear on how to book those appts.

All-in-all an incredible company that has some kinks to iron out. The sooner you iron them out, the more people will join your cause.

2. "Stay Away!!!!"

I worked at National Agents Alliance full-time

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

All about you buying their leads

Advice to Management

Make agents top priority. Not management

"Finally! A company that keeps its promise!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, leadership and incentives! Real compassion, real caring, and real people! Get paid RIGHT AWAY and have time to spend with my family! Not locked into a cubical from 9-5...ughhh! Free at last!

Cons

Which I would had found the Alliance sooner. I was skeptical because I read some negative reviews and all I did was prolonged my success. I wish I would had listened to my heart from the beginning. This company isn't for everyone.....it's truly only for the person that is motivated to succeed and ain't afraid to work! This is not a lay back and have money fall on your lap company. Work is required!!!!!! Rewards are INCREDIBLE!

"Spend Money to Make Money"

Former Employee - Field Underwriter in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Field Underwriter in El Paso, TX

I worked at National Agents Alliance part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Life balance, work your schedule and your own days this includes vacationing. Commission is good.

Cons

You have to BUY leads to work here they average about $40, and you must purchase several to get a return on investment meaning that if you buy 10 leads ( $400) you might only be able to get to actually talk to 5 and close less than what you talk to. This is average I heard some people going through 15 leads a literally getting no one and you loose that money. Training is bad they assume you know everything, to them it does not matter as long as your buying their leads.

Advice to Management

Be honest tell recruits you actually have to buy leads to work for them (which is ok). Stop the religious thing it's scary and old fashioned some people don't look up to anyone that includes god and your CEO. Be more tactical in you conference calls than talk about how "cool" and "savy" everyone is.

5. "rip off"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

get you dreaming of something they will never provide you

Cons

spent more than I made

Advice to Management

Be real and honest - stop lying to get money from people

"Run for the hills!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Burlington, NC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Burlington, NC

I worked at National Agents Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, at least not if you look past the glossy advertising

Cons

Multi level pyramid scheme. Like most insurance jobs this is commission only for agents, however the commission is extremely low.
    Strange company culture. Very conservative and religious (based in North Carolina) which is not for everyone.
    Andy Albright (CEO) is God. He must be praised every minute of every day.
    Recruiters are encouraged to lie to potential candidates.
    As a recruiter you're basically a phone marketer. You're expected to meet your daily phone time requirement. Most people hang up on you mid conversation when they realize the nature of this scheme.

Advice to Management

Less cult. More honesty.

7. "Enticing"

Former Employee - Field Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at National Agents Alliance part-time

Pros

Make your own hours, great training videos and conference calls

Cons

Initial leads are expensive, misleading mailing to the public, very hard to recoup your money if lead does not coincide with criteria.

Advice to Management

Lower price of initial purchase of leads

"After a few weeks with this company, I have come to believe they are all liars."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't find anything to discuss. The support system is not there but the people are very friendly telling you lies.

Cons

Stay away. Sign up with the insurance companies yourself and make your money stay away from brokerages. This brokerage is all about enriching their own pockets not yours.

Advice to Management

Less Woo! Less video training and more live support. Don't have people sign contractors without disclosing all the facts.

"I accepted a job as a Recruiter for "The Alliance" (NAA) but quit the very next day"

I worked at National Agents Alliance part-time

Pros

They get back to you quickly

Cons

As a recruiter you don't make money per person you hire. like standard recruiting jobs. The company doesn't pay you. You ONLY make money if the sales people you recruit go out and actually make and close sales, and the insurance company pays you. It's "multi-level marketing" which is basically a legal pyramid scheme.
    This is something they withhold during the interview process, which was just literally a 10 minute phone conversation before saying I'm a good fit. They immediately try to enroll you into life insurance classes, taking your card info over the phone. I accepted the job and after reading up on reviews and realizing what was going on, withdrew immediately the next day and requested a refund for the Xcel Testing. I saw that you can only request a refund within 48 hours of enrolling which is terrible.
    They give you a script that you have to read for recruiting, and the people you hire to sell the life insurance do not have to be qualified. They're looking for as many bodies on the streets as they can have to try and make money.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with the people who apply rather than withholding information about how they will get paid. It's a waste of everyone's time. I was dealing with 3 different company names which is immediately a red flag.

10. "agent"

I have been working at National Agents Alliance part-time

Pros

great training, people, and products

Cons

low commissions compared to other imos