National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies Reviews | Glassdoor

National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies Reviews

2.9
Jakob Raskob

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My experience was not memorable"

Current Employee - Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a few new things.

Cons

No professional development or support opportunity
    Lack of appreciation

Advice to Management

Focus on improving and valuing empolyees

2. "Contracts Administrator"

Former Employee - Contracts Administrator in East Norriton, PA
    Former Employee - Contracts Administrator in East Norriton, PA

I worked at National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The association is focused on quality child care for all children. Very talented team of mostly women who work their butts off to push the quality child care agenda forward. Executive Management has changed hands several times and weathered the fall-out that comes with change.

Cons

Executive Management was never able to communicate the vision of the association after leadership changed hands. Consequently, many excellent staff left for other opportunities or became disgusted and quit. The association lacks focus. There is absolutely no diversity at the executive leadership level where company policy is developed and implemented.

Advice to Management

Promote women and minorities at the executive level. Professionally develop women into leadership roles and hire more minorities. Be bold and fair.

3. "Rewarding job"

I have been working at National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CCR&R's are a great way to help invest in children and families. Making a difference is a great motivator.

Cons

Not the best pay and can be political at times

4. "The worst job I ever had in my life. Stay far, far away from this place."

Former Employee - Child Care Coordinator in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Child Care Coordinator in Arlington, VA

I worked at National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros was speaking with the families on the phone.

Cons

Too many to name. I got this job through a staffing company and foolishly took the job. Biggest mistake of my life. First off, everyone who works there is fairly young, meaning that they have very high turn over. I was only there for about 3 months and 3 people quit randomly. The amount of work that you do is insane! Training was a joke.

5. "High turnover rate, but decent place to work if you can stick it out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Good benefits package, including health insurance, transit reimbursement, and retirement savings contributions. Ideas are generally encouraged and proper praise given to those that deserve it.

Cons

Some departments are funded by government grant, which can lead to times of panic when funding may be lost and layoffs need to occur. Power-hungry management occasionally makes questionable decisions for no discernible reason but to prove their upper hand.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring technical people without input from other technical people. Treat ALL employees with respect, not just favorites. It is inappropriate to strongly encourage employees to join your organization as a member and pay dues.

6. "EFMP Provider"

Current Employee - EFMP Respite Care Provider
    Current Employee - EFMP Respite Care Provider

Pros

people oriented, helping military families

Cons

not much clients, slack on pay checks

Advice to Management

better communication