National Auto Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tony Wanderon

1. "Flexible, Fun, and Family-Oriented"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

I have been working at National Auto Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would say NAC is definitely a place where you get out of it what you put into it…meaning if you walk in, keep your head down, don’t engage anyone, do your job and leave, that’s fine, but you’re not getting the true experience of what makes NAC unique! It is a very family-oriented atmosphere, very flexible and truly a fun place to work. They are growing and so everyone is busy, but it’s a good kind of busy—more people are being hired and processes are being streamlined. NAC also places importance on promoting from within, I think in the last 3 months probably 6-7 people have been promoted. I started out part-time, was promoted to full-time, and am now in a position that completely aligns with my career goals. I didn’t even know what a GAP waiver was before I started working here, and that was fine. I started working here because I enjoyed the people I met and I enjoyed the atmosphere of the office. There is an enormous variety of people working here, people who started 15 years ago and people who started last week, and there is always someone willing to answer your questions as you are learning. Also, there is a great tuition reimbursement program and benefits start on your first day.

Cons

Everyone is spread out, so there are not regular employee events, but the ones we do have are very fun! (Obviously this isn't something NAC could do anything about)

2. "Great people and opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Manager in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Westerville, OH

I have been working at National Auto Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Small company, but on a realistic, but agressive growth track
    - Promotes from within regularly
    - Pay is a little above market average
    - Benefits are good, AND START ON DAY ONE!
    - Aggressive 401k match based on company sales.

Cons

Because the company is growing very fast, it can be a bit of a whirlwind, but management makes every attempt to offer training as well as "decompression" events.

3. "Great company on the rise"

I have been working at National Auto Care full-time

Pros

Great work environment
    401k match up too 100%
    Inclusive leadership

Cons

Some of the systems we use are a little behind the times, but company is investing in upgrading them all.

Advice to Management

Keep the family environment no matter how big we become..

"Disorganized"

I worked at National Auto Care part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, they let you listen to music at your desk.

Cons

Management was so disorganized. There is a branch office in Florida and coordinating with them was a mess. Usually they would be giving completely different information than what the Ohio office received. Office atmosphere is cliquey, did not feel welcome. Not much room for growth.

6. "Claims Adjuster"

I have been working at National Auto Care full-time

Pros

Good work environment, accommodating, not micromanaged

Cons

Limited advancement opportunists for an Adjuster

7. "Great Beginning"

I worked at National Auto Care full-time

Pros

I started my IT career at NAC. The former IT Manager hired me to run the network and IT Operations back in 2003 when NAC was just a small organization. NAC sent me to school while I had on the job training. I was involved in project management and major decision making opportunities consistently. The former management bent over backwards to support us to build a state-of-the-art fibre network. The company was small enough to where I was even involved Marketing and web functions. I worked with some very talented individuals in all departments. I felt I was part of a family. BBQ's in the parking lot, American Cancer Society fund raising and flexible hours were the norm. You worked hard and played hard. Loved my job at NAC.

Cons

When the economic decline of 2008 blanketed the nation, It also affected our ability to sell contracts. I do not believe that the company, nor anyone else was prepared for the fallout. New management came in and the previous "work hard-play hard" culture dried up fast. I am glad to see that the company survived. I hope that the new owners keep the momentum and values that the previous ownership worked so hard to build. Pay, for me, was a bit under average for someone in my position. That said, I took the business and IT experience that I received from NAC and am now doing what I love.

Advice to Management

No advise, but thank you for a great start to my IT career.