National Bankruptcy Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.0
Larry J. Buckley, Esq.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are no pros to working at NBS (in 3 reviews)

• Friendly and helpful co-workers, I really enjoyed working with several of the legal staff at NBS (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • She does nothing but demand people make their goals even if that means sacrificing a work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Every man for himself and they have absolutely no training guides which is horrible (in 4 reviews)

1. "N/A"

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay, great team, easy job and wonderful environment

Cons

Supervisors were at the time not very resourceful (informed they made some changes) and they had their favorites

"Consider Other Options"

I have been working at National Bankruptcy Services full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Good Health Insurance
    Great Location
    Great Coworkers

Cons

Management Uses Scare Tactics
    Lack of promotions
    No raises
    High turnover

"Let this place be your last option"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services full-time

Pros

The break room is nice

Cons

Management is horrible and HR is even worse they aren't there to help you. My manager wasn't fit to manage other people. She didn't communicate the best and when she did it wasn't about work. I could go on about why I wouldnt recommend this place and I was there for less than a week ;-)

Advice to Management

Quit and let someone who knows what they are doing take over.

"Billing Specialist"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I cant think of any immediate pros.

Cons

Only two weeks PTO with sick time included. No 401k match

Advice to Management

You lost everyone on you team due to your constant emails telling us to hurry up. Manager is never there, always on vacation every month and has not been there a year. Manager is constantly on cell phone with personal life, then likes to yell at everyone in the meetings.

"It is what you make it."

Current Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Bankruptcy Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Bankruptcy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location is excellent. The building has a nice Gym you can access for free as an NBS employee. There is an on site cafe that has a full grill menu, salad bar, pasta bar, and specials every day. I love the team I work with and can tell there are many other tight knit work groups in other Departments as well. HR is good about consistently advocating for the employees and have been able to make some improvements to the moral and retention recently. Benefits are reasonable and the company contributes to employee HSA.

Cons

Training is inconsistent across the departments. Some managers and supervisors have put a great deal of effort into their training and are excellent but other teams suffer dramatically. There is no 401K Match or tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Recent changes have improved my overall experience but I only see myself staying with NBS for a total of 3 years due to the Company's lack of investment in employee retention incentives.

"Employee Morale lacking"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Bankruptcy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My experience with NBS has overall been positive as I've been able to prove myself and advance within the company. For the most part, the other employees that I've been able to work with have been friendly and helpful and it seems that people are trying to do a good job.

Cons

From both an entry level and management employee perspective, the company itself does little to promote a positive work experience or good employee morale. As an hourly administrator, the management that was in place at the time did not work actively to promote a positive workplace. For my employees I do try to work hard on this but it seems as though their perspective is that the company does not care for them. The fact that it is May 1st and the budget/merit increases have not yet been approved is a pretty obvious example. People are at the point where they just shrug this sort of thing off as ‘typical’ of the company.

Advice to Management

Work hard to make the employee feel appreciated. We can't do it without them, and they know it. People will work harder if they feel as though there's incentive or that they are valued.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Bankruptcy Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Personnel within the company, from HR to managers to executives, have an open door policy. It feels good to realize your valid concerns will not only be heard but will be addressed. Plenty of room for growth. Diverse atmosphere. PTO awarded on day one.

Cons

Does not match 401K or have tuition reimbursement. Should have a classroom training about the nature of the company as a whole.

"It's a job not a career"

Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Addison, TX

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime if you need it

Cons

Mandatory overtime--12-16 hours days
    No official training in place--someone will sit with you for a few days but then it's up to you to sink or swim
    No room for advancement

9. "Poor Management"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

Pros

Most of the people are easy to work with.

Cons

Poor management, low salaries, high work flow. Unorganized training and structure.

10. "Awful!! Do yourself a favor & steer clear of this place. If I could give zero stars I would but it won't let me."

Pros

I can't think of any pros at the moment other than I got paid.

Cons

Below standard pay. Theft of personal belongings. Parking is terrible. Training is with multiple people and you have multiple ways of being taught to do things. No Policies and Procedures guide for jobs and no job aids unless you attempt to create it yourself from the many ways of doing one job. Worst career move ever.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Realize good people when you've got them. Otherwise, like in my case, someone else will snatch us up and we'll be gone. Glad to be out of there!