National Church Residences Reviews in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Columbus, OH

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Ricketts

Pros
  • Their focus on helping seniors age in place and their commitment to excellence has mode working for them a blessing (in 3 reviews)

• This is an awesome company with awesome benefits (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • It is all about who you know and making upper management look good (in 5 reviews)

• They are always short staffed and many new nurses that come in leave before the end of there 90 days (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great mission"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mission, great people, great location

Cons

lack of advancement opportunities within

"Dont let the name full you."

Former Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

The pros of being employed by National Church Residences is the mission that some actually believe in and strive for. Being able to go be someone a place to call home.

Cons

It is all about who you know and making upper management look good. For an organization with such a name it is the most unchristian like organization there is. The employees out in the field do all the work and it's okay to be dishonest as long as it makes your Supervisor look good so they can get all the accolades. Lots of backstabbing and unfair treatment goes on while the upper management turns a blind eye to many things

Advice to Management

Ask yourself if you would like to be treated like some of you treat others. While Mark Ricketts stand up at conferences and cries about what the organization did for his father and you try to live and work the mission while you are treated horrible because upper management seems to have huge egos and really don't care about you.and when they do take a moment to speak with you they act like they are doing you a favor. If only the practiced what they preach

3. "housekeeping"

Current Employee - Professional Cleaning Technician in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Professional Cleaning Technician in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40 hours and good people.

Cons

Can hurt back if you do to much in one day.

Advice to Management

Put all housekeeping staff 5 days a week in their own area. Then more things can get done.

"Employment Coordinator"

Former Employee - Employment Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Employment Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

National Church Residences has a good focus and mission. People seem to genuinely care about the work they do work. I especially liked the fact that they have open prayer once a month that is open to all employees.

Cons

The training in the area I was in was not suitable for the time that I was expected to learn the job. I feel like this company has a high turned over simply because they do not take the time needed to train the employees. The workload is so extensive that it takes at least 6 months to 1 year to actually feel comfortable in working in a position. ...Very heavy workload and poor supervision. I don't believe most of the HR staff are educated in their field so the company has slow growth in company goals and high expectations in production. Manager relied on staff to manage new employees.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the company to simply go through a reorg process and form a Organizational Management Department that determines better processes that work together for the company as a whole to include the mission, goals, finances, best practice research, technology and employees ...etc.

"Nurse aide"

Former Employee - STNA in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - STNA in Columbus, OH

I worked at National Church Residences part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Variety of patients

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling. Weeks with few or no hours
    Low pay and no raises
    Job duties were misrepresented
    No room for growth
    Driving to see clients, often scheduled on opposites sides of the city (45-60 minute drive)

"Communications & Marketing Team"

Current Employee - Communications & Marketing Assistant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Communications & Marketing Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and upbeat, fun office atmosphere.
    Everyone here is kind and helpful.
    Sense of humbleness and pride knowing we really help people.
    Our work is respected by management.
    We honor God and each other.
    Management is dedicated to helping us succeed to move to the next level. They encourage and provide training to sharpen our current skills as well as learn new ones. Very supportive and they say Thank You often.

Cons

Our company is large therefore it will take several years to completely understand all the departments and services and how it all fits together.

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward with our mission and goals.

Apr 14, 2015 – Media/Public Relations Specialist

We're happy to have you as part of the family! Keep up the good work!

"This is a results oriented company serving a well needed mission for elders."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time

Pros

If you have an idea and it benefits the residents, employees and company, then you can implement the idea.

Cons

As with all companies, it is sometimes difficult to get decisions made.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to offer work at home options to some employee groups.

Apr 3, 2015 – Media/Public Relations Specialist

That is a very fair review. It's very positive to hear that your ideas are making an impact on the company. That's what we strive for in the National Church Residences family. We appreciate your ... More

9. "Leadership"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Columbus, OH

Pros

It is good to work for a company that promotes from within and acknowledges good work performance. There are so many opportunities working for a growth company in a specialized field. Good to be apart of this organization.

Cons

Expectations are high and the pace is fast, not a good fit for everyone causing turn over in many areas.

Advice to Management

Continue the good leadership and add more resources to systems that will improve efficiencies.

Apr 14, 2015 – Media/Public Relations Specialist

It's great to hear that you believe in our leadership team. We're happy to have you as part of our organization!

"Inconsistent management practices & terrible communication by team leaders"

Former Employee - Hospice Nurse in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Hospice Nurse in Columbus, OH

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility for nurse case managers
    Not intensely supervised
    Not accountable for daily whereabouts
    Flexibility with creating schedules

Cons

On-call rotation tiring
    Lack of updates and not encouraged to update team members
    Other disciplines (than nurses) not valued

Advice to Management

Verbalize and encourage importance of team communication about the entire care of patients, treat all members with the same respect as nurses, hold entire team accountable and as equally valuable, speak respectfully to all and value loyalty to improve the reputation of team importance so when there is turnover, this perception isn't known between healthcare professionals on the community, (as I learned when I left) Guide all team members to contribute as the professional experts that are hired versus micromanaging/dictating their roles, decisions and include each expert in clinical/program decisions that are made

"Wonderful Place to work and serve our elderly and vulnerable population"

Current Employee - First Community Village in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - First Community Village in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a wonderful place to work where I've had a great opportunity to help our community's elderly. From the top down, I have found that decisions are made for our organization always with our mission at the top of mind. I couldn't be prouder and more appreciative of the opporutnity I have to serve our residents on a daily basis. We have recently received our new benefits package and one of the items I found to be very positive was the amount of choice each employee had in electing a plan that fit their individual needs. It really showed the high level of priority our organization places on their team members.

Cons

None - this is a GREAT organization!

Advice to Management

Continue to expand our mission work!

Apr 3, 2015 – Media/Public Relations Specialist

We have such a wonderful staff at First Community Village. It's great to hear how enthusiastic you are about your job! Keep up the great work.