National Church Residences Reviews in Cuyahoga Falls, OH | Glassdoor

3.2
Mark Ricketts
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Their focus on helping seniors age in place and their commitment to excellence has mode working for them a blessing (in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits and competitive pay, and quality and competent management (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is all about who you know and making upper management look good (in 5 reviews)

• I have no cons about this company (in 3 reviews)

"Happy where I work!!!"

Current Employee - STNA in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - STNA in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work we have amazing staff!!! That really care about the residents and the staff! We have amazing management!!! Our administrator and D.O.N are the best bosses you could ever work for..

Cons

Anywhere your going to have your cons..I feel proud of where I work I don't see a lot of cons.. our pay is going up so that can't be a con any longer calls off they are getting better..staffing much better hiring is better..

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing maybe show more appreciation in different ways!! I feel our faculty is awesome and so is our management team!!

2. "Not the best."

Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, the administrator really cares about his employees. Good pay for an aide.

Cons

They keep things hush hush until after you get hired and then bomb you with bad news.

Advice to Management

Tell your new employees what is happening before they find out through the grape vine.

"Great at first but.... Nurses Beware"

Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a new grad nurse then pay is terrible. If you have some experience then pay is not that bad.
    You qualify for a raise once a year, usually not much but still a raise.
    They have tuition assistance after one year of working.
    They offer 12 hr shifts.
    Pay double time on holidays.

Cons

Administration Administration Administration
    I have been there for many years and No one cares about you. They treat you like a walking pharmacy on wheels. Once you begin to talk and ask for help or point out things that need fixed you are automatically silenced or your need is passed about from boss to boss. They are always short staffed and many new nurses that come in leave before the end of there 90 days. Just beware and ask a lot of questions in your interview. It is not uncommon for one nurse to pass 60 residents pills. There is no help for the staff at all.

Advice to Management

HELP US OUT. we do more than just pass pills. We have a voice and at the end of the day we are the ones who take care of the residents. Not you. Appreciate us.

"High Stress Enviroment, No Management Support"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work 12 hr shifts, every other holiday
    -Only work 3 days/week and every other weekend
    -Offers free CEU's
    -computer charting

Cons

-Low pay
    -low raises
    -promises that are broken
    -management acts like they are out to get you.
    -too many write ups for silly mistakes
    -too many call offs
    -to many madatory meetings
    -no one appreciates you when you do good
    -crappy health insurance

Advice to Management

The nurses are the ones on the floor dealing with all the -BS- you need to treat the nurses better. It is hard to take care of 30 residents, pass medications, feed, do activities, chart and baby sit the aids all at once...