National Church Residences Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Mark Ricketts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The drive to help residents age in place and fulfilling the need for low income communities is great (in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits and upbeat, fun office atmosphere (in 3 reviews)

"Best job I've had"

I have been working at National Church Residences part-time

Pros

I love working in life enrichment! My job is rewarding and fun, my manager is an absolute gem, and my coworkers are pleasant to work with. It's a fairly low stress job but it is busy - you will keep the residents very active throughout the day through leading exercise groups, parties, arts and crafts, bingo, pokeno, etc. Salaries are good as are benefits and there are numerous social opportunities for staff - we have staff get-togethers at the holidays, bake sales, and we go to the Alzheimer's walk every year. I'm very proud to work there!

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything bad about working there - my experiences there have been exceptionally positive.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping the residents' care and well-being your focus and you won't go wrong.

"Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

National Church Residences is focused on serving seniors better. Leadership has spearheaded an impressive number of corporate wide raises for front line staff the past few years. Competitive pay and benefits for the industry, with the bonus of being able to work at a mission oriented company. They have an impressive "Mission Day" and "National Conference" to acknowledge employees and focus all employees on the importance of positively transforming the lives of seniors. Leadership is encouraging, motivated and constantly looking to move forward with new ideas.

Cons

A great place to work and improve the lives of seniors.

"Good experience"

I worked at National Church Residences part-time

Pros

Company is vested in improving the lives of seniors by providing a safe environment where they may age in place.

Cons

Some positions are grant funded and hard to get pay increases.

Advice to Management

none

"Therapist"

Former Employee - Therapist in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Therapist in Columbus, OH

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good aides always smiling and willing to help therapists with their patients.

Cons

Unethical demands, working off the clock expected under the guise of religeous charity. Upper level management is of lower educational qualifications than the people they manage. The lack of skill and knowledge of management is detrimental to the healing of patients. The only "church" they worship is $$$$$.

Advice to Management

There is a GOD watching you.

"Speech Pathologist"

I worked at National Church Residences full-time

Pros

Great staff and amazing affordable senior living

Cons

poor ability to manage skilled nursing facilities and with selling their facilities they left their employees with nothing

Advice to Management

take care of your staff and we will take care of you

"Sales/Marketing"

I have been working at National Church Residences part-time

Pros

Amazing people with a mission of compassion to serve our seniors.

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep the mission going strong and continue to build a great foundation upon prayer! This will always keep everything on the right path!

"Working condition"

I worked at National Church Residences full-time

Pros

Good place to work. Flexible working environment. Friendly staff and management. People there are very supportive especially in the headquarters.

Cons

There is no cafeteria at central office in 2016. Probably because of the nature of the business as many go for field work and site visits to other places and branch thereby not too many persistent patronage can be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It has strong management team especially when Mark Ricketts got in the position as CEO.

"Awesome Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that truly cares about the mission to enhance the quality of life for the people we serve. Great benefits and competitive pay, and quality and competent management!

Cons

Always changing but this is more due to HUD and government issues, the company just has to adhere to these types of changes.

"Not the best."

Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - Nurse Aide in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, the administrator really cares about his employees. Good pay for an aide.

Cons

They keep things hush hush until after you get hired and then bomb you with bad news.

Advice to Management

Tell your new employees what is happening before they find out through the grape vine.

10. "Thumbs down"

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have no good things.

Cons

You are just a body to them. Not a person. Who you are, what you are experiencing doesnt matter. A board president died and no flowers were even sent! A mission statement is written words, . means nothing if they don't follow it. I used to believe in the company, but over time it all just becomes politics and you will be another forgotten face.

Advice to Management

Make sure that anyone you place in "Regional" status or higher knows what its like to work the office before putting them in a higher chair making demands. Remember to treat people as people, not just a body. And ket them know the good things they do, not just what they do wrong.