National Church Residences Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Mark Ricketts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Their focus on helping seniors age in place and their commitment to excellence has mode working for them a blessing (in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits and competitive pay, and quality and competent management (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is all about who you know and making upper management look good (in 5 reviews)

• I have no cons about this company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Organization; both Mission and Structure"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization has an amazing set of online policies and procedures that never leave you guessing on how to proceed in any situation. Management is very supportive and available. The organization has a mission that is innovative, compassionate, and adaptive to an aging America. The only reason I left is because they didn't have any properties where I relocated to.

Cons

Just like any organization there are some downsides, but they are negligible compared to how you feel at the end the day in a great organization.

"Review"

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company represents integrity at its finest; however, the corporate environment has changed drastically. The company seems to work hard to keep up and be on the leading edge in the ever-changing senior housing industry.

Cons

However, as the company has grown, it has lost its ability to relate to the needs of its employees. The culture seems to have shifted away from meeting the needs of our senior citizens and being successful at the community level to making money for the investors.

Advice to Management

Seek to improve the physical image of the facilities by investing what it takes to make the facilities marketable in a very competitive environment.

"Wonderful Place to work and serve our elderly and vulnerable population"

Current Employee - First Community Village in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - First Community Village in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a wonderful place to work where I've had a great opportunity to help our community's elderly. From the top down, I have found that decisions are made for our organization always with our mission at the top of mind. I couldn't be prouder and more appreciative of the opporutnity I have to serve our residents on a daily basis. We have recently received our new benefits package and one of the items I found to be very positive was the amount of choice each employee had in electing a plan that fit their individual needs. It really showed the high level of priority our organization places on their team members.

Cons

None - this is a GREAT organization!

Advice to Management

Continue to expand our mission work!

National Church Residences Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Media/Public Relations Specialist

We have such a wonderful staff at First Community Village. It's great to hear how enthusiastic you are about your job! Keep up the great work.

"Communications & Marketing Team"

Current Employee - Communications & Marketing Assistant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Communications & Marketing Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and upbeat, fun office atmosphere.
    Everyone here is kind and helpful.
    Sense of humbleness and pride knowing we really help people.
    Our work is respected by management.
    We honor God and each other.
    Management is dedicated to helping us succeed to move to the next level. They encourage and provide training to sharpen our current skills as well as learn new ones. Very supportive and they say Thank You often.

Cons

Our company is large therefore it will take several years to completely understand all the departments and services and how it all fits together.

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward with our mission and goals.

National Church Residences Response

Apr 14, 2015 – Media/Public Relations Specialist

We're happy to have you as part of the family! Keep up the good work!

5. "Great mission"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mission, great people, great location

Cons

lack of advancement opportunities within

"Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Social Services Coordinator in Euclid, OH
    Current Employee - Social Services Coordinator in Euclid, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an awesome company with awesome benefits.

Cons

No negative responses at all.

"Happy where I work!!!"

Current Employee - STNA in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - STNA in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work we have amazing staff!!! That really care about the residents and the staff! We have amazing management!!! Our administrator and D.O.N are the best bosses you could ever work for..

Cons

Anywhere your going to have your cons..I feel proud of where I work I don't see a lot of cons.. our pay is going up so that can't be a con any longer calls off they are getting better..staffing much better hiring is better..

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing maybe show more appreciation in different ways!! I feel our faculty is awesome and so is our management team!!

"Very Happy Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at the corporate office for almost 4 years, and I interact with the senior leadership daily. They are compassionate, driven people who genuinely care about the well-being of the company and its employees. They encourage staff to learn new skills and grow, and care about keeping talented people within the company.

Cons

The salaries may not be competitive with other organizations. They're a non-profit group, so they care about the mission, not about the money. They are trying hard to take care of employees with salary and benefits, but they can only do so much working in affordable housing and depending on government funding.

"Bristol Village"

Current Employee - STNA in Waverly, OH
    Current Employee - STNA in Waverly, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time

Pros

My bosses are awesome!! The enthusiasm and efforts are above and beyond everyone works as a team to give out residences the best care possible.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Not many CNAs stay long

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

10. "Manager"

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NATIONAL Church is an awesome company to work for, good benefits and I get to work with seniors.

Cons

Too many policies to keep up with.