National Church Residences Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Ricketts

Pros
  • This Company cares about it's employees (in 2 reviews)

• People seem to genuinely care about the work they do work (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • It is all about who you know and making upper management look good (in 5 reviews)

• The pay is great but it would be nice to get a raise from time to time (in 2 reviews)

1. "Okay"

I worked at National Church Residences part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck, paid time off, helping others

Cons

Rigid, lower than average compensation, poor communication

2. "Happy here"

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time

Pros

Great pay scale. Great benefits. Truly living the mission of senior care and nursing care.

Cons

Growing pains... But working to make it better

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the communities.

3. "Property Manager"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

Pros

Decent, clean properties. Average pay.

Cons

Minimal training. Understaffed. They do not consider the differences in properties, i.e., new versus old that require more upkeep. All of their procedures are outdated. They care more about making their reports look good than they do about making sure their managers have what they need to be successful, yet the managers are still held to higher standards. Do not pay bills on time because of their outdated system. Vendors are constantly cutting off services due to non-payment.

Advice to Management

Hire a floater who can assist properties that need help catching up, especially when hiring a new manager who is taking over a property that is behind everything. Offer training where questions can be asked/answered regarding specific property types. Listen to your managers when they ask for help or have ideas on ways to do things better and more efficiently.

5. "Site Lead / Front Desk Supervisor"

Pros

I love the residents here and the mission of National Church Residents. Although it can get busy at times, I enjoy the pace working at the front desk. The office area includes a private restroom, microwave, and mini fridge. I rarely need to leave it.

Cons

The copy/fax machine is down the hall. Especially difficult when monitoring both buildings at once.
    Being on call 24/7

6. "Bristol Village"

Current Employee - STNA in Waverly, OH
    Current Employee - STNA in Waverly, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time

Pros

My bosses are awesome!! The enthusiasm and efforts are above and beyond everyone works as a team to give out residences the best care possible.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. Not many CNAs stay long

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

7. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Clinton, MS
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Clinton, MS

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offer great training opportunities, and events for employees to take part in. They also pay a very decent salary.

Cons

If you don't work for them directly, but rather another management company, you miss out on alot of opportunities, and events that the company hosts, along with opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Check on staff's needs more often.

8. "Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Dayton, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the autonomy tha goes along with this position.

Cons

Keepin up with th new assessment program detracts from the time spent with the clients.

"Great organization to work with"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator

Pros

-Company has great values and values people
    supervision is relaxed

Cons

The pay is great but it would be nice to get a raise from time to time.

Advice to Management

Pay increases.....please!!!

10. "Service Coordinator"

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Virginia (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Virginia (South Africa)

Pros

Many training and webinar opportunities, Quality Assurance is very supportive in providing steps through new situations. My supervisor was awesome, supportive and always available if I needed to speak with her (which was not much because I never had any issues with the company/job). The service coordination program is very helpful to the residents, so you feel like you are making an impact. I personally think the company cares about their employees. They are constantly making improvements to their documenting format and case management system/protocol which was great because they made those changes based on service coordinator feedback. The schedule was flexible in terms of taking time for doctor's visits and good vacation benefits. The position also provides a lot of useful experience and transferable skills as you continue your career in the human service field.

Cons

I was a contract employee on a property not owned by NCR, so I work a lot by myself. But some people may enjoy that more than I did. Otherwise, no cons.

Advice to Management

None, I think management is going a great job. I never had a problem. My supervisor and Quality Assurance manager were great, they always helped if I had an issue. I think my training was great and I think evaluations were fair and consistent.

"Very Happy Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Upper Arlington, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at the corporate office for almost 4 years, and I interact with the senior leadership daily. They are compassionate, driven people who genuinely care about the well-being of the company and its employees. They encourage staff to learn new skills and grow, and care about keeping talented people within the company.

Cons

The salaries may not be competitive with other organizations. They're a non-profit group, so they care about the mission, not about the money. They are trying hard to take care of employees with salary and benefits, but they can only do so much working in affordable housing and depending on government funding.