National Church Residences Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Mark Ricketts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The people are great to work with (in 4 reviews)

• Their focus on helping seniors age in place and their commitment to excellence has mode working for them a blessing (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • poor pay, bad managers, upper level management out of touch or just don (in 3 reviews)

• I have no cons about this company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Charge nurse"

Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers become family. Patients are the reason we come to work each day. Providing nursing and personal care, compassion and helping each day is more hopeful and brighter than the day before.

Cons

Upper Management lack honesty. Understaffed most days.

Advice to Management

Put all clients first and foremost. Adequately staff all locations as if they are just as important as the other. Listen to staff. Treat the floor staff equally with respect and honesty.

2. "High performing, teamwork-oriented work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time

Pros

It's great to work somewhere that values its employees so highly - they pay competitively for the industry, they actively solicit feedback from employees on a regular basis, and they offer excellent work life balance. This place is full of good people - my coworkers and boss are some of the nicest people I've met, and I know they have my back as I have theirs. We work hard, and I feel appreciated for the time and effort I put in every day. I've worked in other nonprofits, and this one by far has the best balance between carrying out the mission and running a solid business. I feel proud to work here!

Cons

Paid holidays are sparse, especially as compared to the rest of the nonprofit world. Fast growth has created "growing pains" in several areas, but they are being actively worked through.

Advice to Management

Keep chasing the mission, but look back regularly to make sure we're growing and stabilizing our infrastructure to support all the amazing things we're going to do!

3. "Services Coordinator"

Pros

None, absolutely 0. Pay isn't worth it. Do not work here.

Cons

Lies, will tell you whatever you want to hear to hire you and than the truth is reveled. You will have absolutely no support. It's virtually impossible or severely stressful to get anything accomplished. Staff awful. You are wasting your time applying.

4. "A wonderful company to work for. Very missions driven."

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Barnesville, OH
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Barnesville, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time

Pros

Paid time off, good benefits, helping the most vulnerable members in our communities.

Cons

Commute, this is the only con I can think of.

5. "Voted Columbus' 2015 Best Places to Work for a reason"

Current Employee - Corporate Paralegal in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Paralegal in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been thoroughly impressed with this organization and my co-workers from day 1 of joining here. There are great people at all levels of the company and everyone is incredibly supportive of one another, almost to an "unheard of" level for a company. This level of open arms and support normally is experienced within family and tight-knit small groups.

It's also easy to feel great about working here knowing that you are part of such an important mission. What I find amazing is that the leadership is actively striving to expand their services to help meet the needs of a growing concern: fulfilling the healthcare needs of an exponentially growing senior citizen population. And I feel the sincerity in the mission. It's the kind of company to work for that allows you to look at yourself in the mirror everyday and feel great about what you do for a living.

While it's roots are deep in Christian value, you do not have to be a Christian to work here. All are welcomed. This is most likely the most diverse company that I work for. Every day I come to work to a positive environment. The company offers a great balance of life and work. No one is just a number here.

Cons

I have yet to discover any substantial enough to mention

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing. Your enthusiasm and sincerity trickles down and out.

6. "Unfulfilling experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Columbus, OH

I worked at National Church Residences (More than 3 years)

Pros

Obviously the care of residents who are seniors and some of corporate and building staff. Another good aspect if true is the new CEO and plans to be employer of choice. I left prior had a really good offer outside of healthcare. Honestly I met friendly people from upstairs who treated me so greatly as if they knew me but didn't, comparing to some staff downstairs. But also I made friends from first floor who reached out and I connected with thought one was a manager but wasn't, found out she left too recently and many left I looked for

Cons

Corporate building nice and people there were. The benefits lady was helpful then borderline aggressive when I contacted her about NCR dropping ball with my paperwork stuff. I guess the obvious of not seeing people around also is because they quit too.

Advice to Management

Be good fair to all equally and talk about why staff should stay. Maybe replace or offer opinions to managers to help people stay

"Best job I've had"

I have been working at National Church Residences part-time

Pros

I love working in life enrichment! My job is rewarding and fun, my manager is an absolute gem, and my coworkers are pleasant to work with. It's a fairly low stress job but it is busy - you will keep the residents very active throughout the day through leading exercise groups, parties, arts and crafts, bingo, pokeno, etc. Salaries are good as are benefits and there are numerous social opportunities for staff - we have staff get-togethers at the holidays, bake sales, and we go to the Alzheimer's walk every year. I'm very proud to work there!

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything bad about working there - my experiences there have been exceptionally positive.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping the residents' care and well-being your focus and you won't go wrong.

"Therapist"

Former Employee - Therapist in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Therapist in Columbus, OH

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good aides always smiling and willing to help therapists with their patients.

Cons

Unethical demands, working off the clock expected under the guise of religeous charity. Upper level management is of lower educational qualifications than the people they manage. The lack of skill and knowledge of management is detrimental to the healing of patients. The only "church" they worship is $$$$$.

Advice to Management

There is a GOD watching you.

"Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

National Church Residences is focused on serving seniors better. Leadership has spearheaded an impressive number of corporate wide raises for front line staff the past few years. Competitive pay and benefits for the industry, with the bonus of being able to work at a mission oriented company. They have an impressive "Mission Day" and "National Conference" to acknowledge employees and focus all employees on the importance of positively transforming the lives of seniors. Leadership is encouraging, motivated and constantly looking to move forward with new ideas.

Cons

A great place to work and improve the lives of seniors.

"Good experience"

I worked at National Church Residences part-time

Pros

Company is vested in improving the lives of seniors by providing a safe environment where they may age in place.

Cons

Some positions are grant funded and hard to get pay increases.

Advice to Management

none