National CineMedia Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Andrew J. England

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Plus the free movie pass doesn't hurt (in 19 reviews)

• Get an annual movie pass (if you are a full-time employee by October), which is pretty nice (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management likes to point the finger and lower level employees to cover their own lack of effort (in 6 reviews)

• Many members of management have been hired from the outside, which can be frustrating for lower-level employees (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, culture, career & personal development opportunities, advancement for those who bring value, passion for movies, fun work environment, food trucks, new office coming soon, etc.

Cons

Antiquated systems & processes cause frustration. Additionally, staff (some)tends to cling to the way of "how it's always been done" vs looking for (or suggesting) improvements. The good news is there is work being done to address issues. If you like a tedious work environment, you may not like it (or make it) here. If you are a creative thinker looking for opportunity/advancement, this is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

I have worked at NCM 10+ years and have never been more excited about the direction of NCM under the CEO/Leadership Team. It is a time of transformation with opportunities for those who seek them. Keep the communication, collaboration and opportunities coming!

2. "Good place to start, but not a long term option."

I worked at National CineMedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, friendly environment, good experience.

Cons

Unorganized executives, finger pointing mentality.

Advice to Management

Take more responsibility over your departments instead of blaming other departments.

Oct 23, 2017 – Vice President - People & Organization

Thank you for taking the time to review NCM. We’re happy you had a good experience and had the opportunity to work with our great employees. Collaboration is an integral part of our values. As we... More

"Hooray for Hollywood"

Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President, Regional Sales Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Integrity
    Collaboration
    Creativity
    Customer Focused
    Accountability
    Passion for the Movies

Cons

Would like to see a little more communication.

"Great Company, poor benefits, poor HR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at National CineMedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Average salary; Decent working environment; Good social interactions with co-workers

Cons

Extremely poor benefits; Disorganized HR department that is unable to keep employees

Advice to Management

Housecleaning of the entire HR department, top-down is a must

Aug 28, 2017 – Vice President - People & Organization

We appreciate the time you took to write this review. While we have had some turnover on our People & Organization (HR) team, we are dedicated to making NCM a great place to work through commitment... More

"Transition close to complete - good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Colorado company, good culture, great work/life balance,

NCM has gone through a transition period. The transition has been fine for employees that at least meet management’s expectations. A significant component of the transition has been turning over both the under performers and the individuals that do not believe in the values of NCM.

NCM feels very professional, well-structured and cares about the people that deserve to be here. I am confident I will be supported from within to employ the right people.

I manage a team that is respected and valued by me and NCM. It is because we are professional, live up to NCM values, and do not tolerate employees that under-perform and/or display unprofessional behavior.

When you have the type of turnover we have had, you create bitterness and animosity that results in the desire to throw stones. A consequence to NCM has been a backlash of negative comments. The motivation for a certain population of the negative reviews aren’t out there to help you learn about NCM. The negativity should not be disregarded but don’t simply rely on reviews. Don’t hesitate to contact an NCM employee through a professional network to inquire.

As you interview, you are encouraged to know and discuss your value.

Leadership is focused on creating even better working conditions.

Leadership effectively communicates expectations.

Optimistic environment.

NCM will find ways to thrive for years to come.

Cons

The NCM business is becoming more dynamic. There is a need for employees to better understand the business.

Advice to Management

Let's see your faces more.

6. "National Producer"

Current Employee - National Producer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - National Producer in Denver, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time off benefits and disability benefits are great!

Cons

Collaboration is supposed to be core value and is almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Remote work options. More inter-departmental collaboration

Aug 28, 2017 – Vice President - People & Organization

We’re glad you like the benefits here at NCM and thanks for the note about our core values, which we introduced in 2016. Collaboration is one of those values that’s easy for a company to say it will... More

"Dead-end job"

I worked at National CineMedia full-time

Pros

Good if you want a job that requires barely any effort to complete.

Cons

The pay isn't that great for a lot of the positions there. You really aren't valued there by your managers or peers. People are generally very passive-aggressive towards you for no reason. There is also no room, I mean literally zero, room to advance in this company. The job you get is the job you keep. If you want to move up, move to another company. The old office was dirty even though they moved now and I would hope that it's a step above from the last place. The jobs are generally extremely boring and often or not demotivates people and causes turnover. Layoffs are also very common since they make a "new direction" annually.

Advice to Management

Offer advancement and treat your employees like human beings. Get a better CEO and upper management. The company won't go bankrupt, but you're not going in the right direction. There so many minor changes that you could've done, but you refused to listen and laid off many, many valuable people to your company.

Aug 28, 2017 – Vice President - People & Organization

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We continue to work towards creating an environment where employees are recognized and rewarded for great results and taking pride into their work... More

"Pros and Cons"

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time

Pros

Friendly people for the most part, except for some upper management, relaxed Work environment, good work life balance, decent benefits

Cons

Low compensation, little upward mobility, "boys club" mentality in upper management, lack of passion in workplace

Advice to Management

Increase compensation and vacation options; encourage more learning within the company

"Poor Leadership"

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Could be great if they removed and refreshed top leadership.

Cons

Take a look at the HR/P&O leadership and the excessive turnover in that group. There is zero trust, no one feels comfortable going to them for assistance, there is a true fear of retaliation. They have their own set of Values.

Aug 28, 2017 – Vice President - People & Organization

We’re committed to creating a great work environment for all of our employees, so we’re disappointed to hear about your experience. We strive to create a safe, engaging workplace for all, and have no... More

10. "Great company with some real bad eggs!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at National CineMedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aside from some really poor members of management the rest of the team members are great people.
    Cool industry with good perks.
    Great Benefits and company matching.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of work completion without approval of over-time.
    No internal growth.
    Lower end of expected/fair pay grades.
    High turn over rate and dissolving morality.
    Poor management; Micro managing, lack of communication, unrealistic expectations, and discrimination.
    Not EEOC friendly and had accounts of discrimination.

Advice to Management

Do not discriminate, dis-invest, or patronize your employees but instead elevate them, promote them and respect them for the hard work they do.

Aug 28, 2017 – Vice President - People & Organization

Thank you for writing a review of NCM. We were disheartened to learn that you feel we aren’t doing our best in terms of being EEOC friendly. Fostering a culture of inclusion and diversity is a key... More