National Debt Relief Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Daniel Tilipman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "National Debt Relief is a place where you can grow as an employee" (in 22 reviews)

• "I really enjoy coming to work every day since its a great work environment where everyone is like one big family" (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Small work area, Long hours, Call center environment" (in 18 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be a bit challenging at times" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Certified Debt Specialist"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about National Debt Relief is the culture. They run tournaments and daily spiffs/bonuses to make the environment fun and exciting. Management is also great and is always down to lend a helping hand.

Cons

As with any sales job the hours can be long.

Advice to Management

I have been here for a while, and no matter the changes do not change your culture!

Jun 22, 2018 – Marketing Copywriter

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for us today; we're glad to hear it. We'll continue doing our best to create the best possible atmosphere for our team. Please send any suggestions to... More

2. "Very Special, Meaningful Career"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Culver City, CA

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than a year)

Pros

National Debt Relief is very highly accredited and the top-rated program of its kind. People seeking solutions reach out to us every day as there is now over a trillion dollars of unsecured debt which is hastening with increasing interest rates. This company offers a full-service solution to protect people from staying in a financial derailment for a prolonged period and even avoid bankruptcy by having their money do what they mean it to do - get their debt to go away in a reasonable and timely fashion. Anyone who authentically likes helping people and wants to funnel their passion into helping to make peoples' lives better will find sincere and unique fulfillment here. So much of our lives are affected by financial stress - mental, emotional and, in turn, physical distress is exacerbated when money is tight and credit cards companies demand high-interest-laden minimum payments and offer little to no reprieve for well-meaning, hard-working people. National Debt Relief is the antidote for hundreds of thousands of people going on millions as the company continues to break industry records regularly. The owners and management of this outstanding company on the rise are constantly seeking to make the experience better for clients and employees. Income potential is outstanding at National Debt Relief and benefits, including FMLA our great. HR does a great job of finding excellent people and it is truly a pleasure coming to work as there is a strong family-work vibe here.

Cons

For the Los Angeles office at least, the 405 freeway will be involved.

Advice to Management

We work with all walks of life and many are going through sincere hardship when we meet with them - keep the environment positive and fun as you do, and keep connecting us with warm contacts ready to consult - there is a lot of great work and countless lives to help improve with the program.

3. "FUN AND REWARDING CAREER"

Current Employee - Sales Team Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Team Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at National Debt Relief for almost four years now and I can honestly say that this is the most rewarding job that I have ever had. What could be better than helping people and making a great living for doing it? In the short time that I have been here, the company has tripled in size and continues to grow. The benefits are great and there is plenty of room for advancement. The culture that they have cultivated here is fantastic and the people are great from the bottom to the top. Definitely, a great place to work and build a career.

Cons

The job often requires long hours. You may find yourself working some overtime to finish a file or to complete an enrollment. It's all worth because you are helping someone in need and well compensated for your effort.

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Jun 21, 2018 – Marketing Copywriter

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for the company. First off, thank you for your dedication; four years is a long time and we don't that kind of commitment lightly. We understand that... More

4. "Great Income Potential"

Current Employee - Team Lead, Certified Debt Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Lead, Certified Debt Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is truly inspiring. There is a tremendous amount of growth opportunity and the saying that you get out what you put in does come to fruition.

Cons

It's not for everyone but more so for those who are self-starters and can actualize work ethic.

Advice to Management

Continue rewarding loyalty.

5. "Great Company in a growing industry"

Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great company culture. Everyone has each other's backs and celebrates each others success.
    - Very competitive commission structure. What you put in is what you get out.
    - Generous perks and benefits
    - Top-tier management team. The management at NDR is coaching based which brings out the best in each agent.
    - Promotions are performance based. This encourages everyone to do their best.

Cons

Cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Jun 15, 2018 – Marketing Copywriter

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. It's good to hear your feedback because this helps us with improving the aspects of the company that could be stronger. Sounds like we're doing well... More

6. "It's not so bad"

Former Employee - Client Success Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Success Representative in New York, NY

I worked at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and environment, they care for you to do better and make sure all options are exhausted to make sure you exceed. You can defiantly grow within the company. The pay is wonderful & the bonus you can receive.

Cons

they are very strict on mistakes, you make small mistakes a certain amount of time you can get fired easily. they have a really high turnover rate so if you not doing what your suppose to do they will not care to let you go. They care about their name and not being sued.

Advice to Management

n/a

7. "They don't value employees or loyalty"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I worked at National Debt Relief (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was good until they decided to decrease the hourly rate. What kind of Company will decrease your rate after several years of working for them, just because they suddenly realized they were paying good???? is that even legal??? or at least ethical????

Cons

-Stressful
    -Inconsistent
    -Management won't listen to subordinates
    -They think people don't deserve their $$$
    -They don't trust their employees, they need to see that you are working every second of every hour that they're paying you.
    -Racist
    -Inconsiderate
    -They get rid of people of who dont always say Yes

Advice to Management

Great employees also look for Great employers. if you keep doing what you're doing, you're gonna run out of good employees. And oh, check your Managers!

8. "4/5"

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time

Pros

Great pay and they work with you on your hours.

Cons

Corporate attitude around a lot of aspects. Not necessarily a bad thing.

May 21, 2018 – Marketing Copywriter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. We value honest feedback from our team because that helps show us where the gaps are and how we can improve. Please be sure to surface any concerns as... More

9. "great company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy sale cycle. good commission structure

Cons

over hiring - they think the company will grow if they hire more people

Advice to Management

dont hire more people

"Best career move by far!"

Current Employee - Debt Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Debt Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I changed careers to come work for National Debt Relief about 1 year ago, and I am incredibly impressed with the culture. I am amazed at how management has dedicated so much time and effort to ensure that all employees, new and veteran, feel included and important for the goal of helping America become debt free. Every day I ask myself why I did not make the jump sooner. This company has opened my eyes to what it means to be successful by helping as many people as you can. Hard work is recognized and rewarded daily, motivating all debt specialists to perform to the highest level possible.

However, the best part of this career move is knowing that I am genuinely helping clients improve their finances and ultimately their lifestyles. It is extremely satisfying to receive calls or e-mails from my clients who are making huge strides in finally becoming debt free. If you are looking for a fun, close-knit, friendly environment created specifically to help people become debt free, then you are looking at the right place.

Cons

N/A - Best career decision I have made

Advice to Management

At times the tech can be challenging for our growing company