National Debt Relief Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 8, 2019

4.1
Daniel Tilipman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "National Debt Relief is a place I would recommend to my friends and family to work at" (in 34 reviews)

• "Great work environment and the opportunity to grow along some great people" (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours could interfere with a work-life balance, but are rewarding" (in 23 reviews)

• "work-life balance could be a little tough depending on how you manage your business" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Truly a great place to work"

Current Employee - Negotiations Team Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Negotiations Team Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about this job is certainly the positive environment that has been cultivated here at National Debt Relief. The culture here is extremely uplifting.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times, but at the end of the day, knowing that you're helping make a difference in the lives of others is definitely gratifying.

Advice to Management

Continue to enhance the emphasis on training new-hires as this will increase overall growth and create new boundaries for expectations.

Feb 6, 2019 – ...

Thank you for your helpful advice. We appreciate your dedication and loyalty to National Debt Relief; it's gratifying to hear that your experience here has been mostly positive. Feel free to surface... More

2. "Amazing"

Pros

Great work environment and the opportunity to grow along some great people. Provided great resources and unlimited overall growth in terms of career.

Cons

Work is based on a month to month basis so no real break.

Advice to Management

Great place to work!

3. "A+++"

Current Employee - Debt Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Debt Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Found a home at NDR. I came here from another debt relief company and have a background in finance, and I can finally say that I found a home here at National Debt Relief. From the culture to management to colleagues, this has been a perfect fit for me.

Cons

Long hours could interfere with a work-life balance, but are rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive atmosphere and keep making it enjoyable to come to work daily!

Jan 31, 2019 – ...

Thank you for letting us know what your experience has been like so far. We're glad to hear that you seem to have found a good fit. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you with... More

4. "Finally a place to exhibit true people skills"

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you work hard the commission pays off. They are flexible with hours and everyone has great energy which I feel is most important. Full benefits the whole and PTO. I enjoy going to work and thats an amazing feeling. I want to be here as long as possible. You are your book of business here, in addition no micromanaging is a huge plus for me. I am doing really well so far and look to keep crushing it.

Cons

The only down side is they only give free bagels the last Friday of the month : )

Advice to Management

They are super supportive and I appreciate all the advice, guidance and motivation they continue to provide me with.

5. "One of the best work environments I've experienced."

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first week of training was taught by the Chief Sales Officer. That set the tone for how leadership operates. They care and are involved.

All my coworkers and leadership are willing to help regardless of what team you are on and who you report to.

There is A LOT of recognition for all kinds of successes. There are plenty of spiffs throughout the week/month. The money potential is real. If you are a worker, willing to listen and learn, they will teach you the recipe for success...literally! I signed 1 million in debt in my first 21 days and its thanks to the help of those around me.

They do food days like bagel breakfast and a "doughnut wall." (You'll have to look it up).

I feel like a part of a family and have never been micromanaged. It's one of the healthiest work environments I've ever experienced and that has a value that money can't buy!

Best company parties ever!

Cons

I can't say I've really experienced a con so far in my time with NDR. The only con I felt was that when you start in training, the money is just base pay so be ready for a tight couple of months until you become a commissionable agent. Other than that this place lives up to the hype.

Advice to Management

One of the best characteristics here at NDR is the Leadership team. Continue what you're doing and you'll be fine.

"Great company to work for, job was not for me. Ended up moving to a job that had me on my feet and moving around more."

I worked at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and co-workers help one another and take care of each other. The CEO and values this company has are top tier. Great entry level position for people who are trying to get a foot in the door of corporate careers.

Cons

The days can be long and if you do not enjoy sitting behind a desk for 8+ hours per day or being on the phone then this is not a job for you.

Jan 11, 2019 – ...

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience as part of the team. While we're sorry to hear that ultimately the position and you weren't a good fit, we do appreciate everything... More

7. "great"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great company to work for. Geat benefits

Cons

long hours. Very sales driven and must hit goals to maintain job

8. "Mediocre"

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time

Pros

Nice co workers. Nice office.

Cons

No communication from upper management.

9. "I Found a New Home!"

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet the CSO and CEO of the company first month you here. Everyone works as a team and together. There is an abundant amount of leads and the earning potential is deff. here. I've been working here only for 2 months and love it so far. I've been at other sales jobs that have been misleading and are shady. This company has the accreditations and are upfront about everything from day 1. You'll have all the tools to be successful and you see result from the first month of being on the job. Management values their employees! which you don't see from most companies and you can go to anyone at any time for advice. The biggest thing I like about the company is the work you put in is recognized.

Cons

you have some slow days but also some very busy days (not sure that's a con)

Advice to Management

Please update the computers if possible
    I know we are working on it but would be cool to be licensed in all states

10. "FINALLY! Career Satisfaction"

Current Employee - Certified Debt Specialist in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Debt Specialist in Culver City, CA

I have been working at National Debt Relief full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It feels great to help the public. Our clients have some truly compelling back stories. It's nice to be a part of helping them rebuild. Also, NDR is a hilarious workplace, seriously the most tolerant work environment ever. So much of the workforce is highly accomplished so petty competition is pretty rare. There's also high pay (commissions), room for growth, respectful superiors and coworkers, as well as a super supportive and nurturing work force. Management is super helpful. People here will practically break their necks to help you when you have a question.

Cons

Not everyone excels immediately, will need to remain patient while waiting to make good money, having to shake off the occasional difficult client. Also, it would be nice if clocking in and logging on to the CMS/CRM were one in the same because punching a time clock is an energy sucker.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Thanks for being helpful and NOT putting the fear of job loss into us when we're not doing so hot.