National Distributing Company Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

National Distributing Company Manager Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2019

4.5
National Distributing Company CEO Jay M. Davis (no image)
Jay M. Davis

"Opportunity Awaits"

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NDC offers one of the most rewarding jobs in the alcohol industry. NDC is the leader in the Georgia market, and offers an array of careers through the company. The company's core values strive to better the associates. I have transitioned into three roles throughout my career and it shows, hard work pays off. Management is always there to offer guidance and no one is left on an island.

Cons

Holiday hours can be long at times, and sometimes you have to take work home. Sales is a 24/7 industry, but it pays off in the long run.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating employees and having career talks with management. Consider more PTO for the sales and warehouse staff as a way to "recharge."

National Distributing Company2018-01-04
  2. "Great company, great people, lots of opportunity."

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time

Pros

Great business, recession proof, opportunities for growth.

Cons

Pay increases as you move up as not as good as you would expect.

National Distributing Company2019-06-25
  3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Industry is relatively healthy. Decent work/life balance. Positive environment.

Cons

There seems to be constant morphing into how to adapt to marketplace not all of which makes sense. Relative to general work market, vacation and benefits could use some refreshing.

Advice to Management

Invest in systems and people for the long haul.

National Distributing Company2019-04-03
  4. "Working for the best when working for NDC."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great family culture that spreads throughout the company. Hard work pays off within this organization. Room for growth across multiple divisions of the company. Flexible work hours in the field.

Cons

Seems that sales and operation are not always cohesive to execute with success.

Advice to Management

Take advice from the people in the field and provide them with the tools needed to get the job done in a reasonable manner. There are tools available but they are no longer within the reach of the sales representatives.

National Distributing Company2018-01-20
  5. "Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Open environment, great people, clearly communicated goals, transparent lines of promotion.

Cons

Quicker solutions to issues while communicating throughout the process

Advice to Management

Open to advice.

National Distributing Company2017-12-29
  6. "Brief review"

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Despite the size of the company there is still a strong sense of family. The team that surrounds you is always willing to help as they know we are all in this together. With that in mind, self improvement and team improvement is always a priority so there is always momentum forward.

Cons

The race to succeed can be overwhelming at times, this could be counterbalanced by acknowledging the pace and offering support.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the positive attitude and remind those around you that we are all in this together. The positive reinforcements are always appreciated even if it is not immediately apparent. Consider implementing educational programs beyond those found on cornerstone, personal training can never be fully replaced by online training.

National Distributing Company2017-12-08
  7. "Portfolio Manager"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The method of growing talent has come so far, so quickly. The environment over the last few years has been one of leaning into success and accepting that change is the only way to stake our claim nationally. In all our growth, family is still priority one and this is communicated and supported clearly at all times. Excellent work environment overall. No fear of adding roles to our staff to better aid in growing... our business partnerships and being best in the market.

Cons

We like to call them "opportunities"!

Advice to Management

Keep shining the light on our goals and approach them with the same energy you have the last few years. Keep pushing associates to become the most technologically proficient and product knowledgeable representatives in the field and continue having high expectations...as we have proven that we can and will rise to the occasion.

National Distributing Company2017-12-05
  8. "NDC Review"

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Company has plenty of opportunities for growth, outstanding reputation in the industry. Leaders invest in your development

Cons

Can be somewhat stressful as expected in a sales position. Operational issues sometimes can make it difficult to service customers.

Advice to Management

Build stronger relationships with sales reps, more team building activities. Get to know reps on personally , goes a long way towards gaining loyalty.

National Distributing Company2017-12-01
  9. "Successful sales will open the doors to upward mobility."

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Solid group of team oriented people that make coming to work a pleasure. Many ways to grow and expand thru so many different avenues. Ideas and independence come together with great management support. Daily interaction with upper management make success very achievable. Tremendous opportunities to support the community thru company supported events.

Cons

Multitude of goals to reach for, keeps you focused on ideas and solutions.

National Distributing Company2017-11-29
  10. "Sales"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, rigorous training curriculum, ample opportunity for advancement, commitment to promote from within, enhanced use of technology relative to competitors, challenging work environment

Cons

Heavy workload during holidays, as is expected in this industry.

National Distributing Company2017-11-29