National Distributing Company Reviews | Glassdoor

National Distributing Company Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2019

4.5
National Distributing Company CEO Jay M. Davis (no image)
Jay M. Davis
  1. "Brief review"

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Despite the size of the company there is still a strong sense of family. The team that surrounds you is always willing to help as they know we are all in this together. With that in mind, self improvement and team improvement is always a priority so there is always momentum forward.

Cons

The race to succeed can be overwhelming at times, this could be counterbalanced by acknowledging the pace and offering support.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the positive attitude and remind those around you that we are all in this together. The positive reinforcements are always appreciated even if it is not immediately apparent. Consider implementing educational programs beyond those found on cornerstone, personal training can never be fully replaced by online training.

National Distributing Company2017-12-08
  2. "On premise New accounts manager"

Current Employee - On Premise New Accounts Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

National Distributing provides an environment that is challenging and rewarding. There are so many positions and areas to strive for. National is also a great company for women. Women are encouraged to voice their opinions and concerns through the Women's leadership. NDC also is wonderful about promoting women and really sees the professionalism we bring to the table. I have been here going on 16 years and would... not work anywhere else. Very much a family environment at NDC

Cons

Warehouse issues have been an ongoing problem from orders being incorrect to trucks not making stops. We need to get a handle on this so we may move forward with new business and not lose existing...

Advice to Management

I am not sure what the solution is, but I think the upper management showing that they are taking these concerns very seriously and trying to find a solution would be a big help. Sales reps feel like they are not heard, so by showing them they are being listened to, and perhaps to lend some advice from how they think we could get things running smoother.

National Distributing Company2017-12-07
  3. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Savanna Place, GA

Pros

Professional, family oriented, good pay and giving back to the community.

Cons

Being in a smaller market in Savannah, harder to grow because new positions are not being created in management.

Advice to Management

Lean a helping hand when available.

National Distributing Company2017-12-05
  4. "Portfolio Manager"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The method of growing talent has come so far, so quickly. The environment over the last few years has been one of leaning into success and accepting that change is the only way to stake our claim nationally. In all our growth, family is still priority one and this is communicated and supported clearly at all times. Excellent work environment overall. No fear of adding roles to our staff to better aid in growing... our business partnerships and being best in the market.

Cons

We like to call them "opportunities"!

Advice to Management

Keep shining the light on our goals and approach them with the same energy you have the last few years. Keep pushing associates to become the most technologically proficient and product knowledgeable representatives in the field and continue having high expectations...as we have proven that we can and will rise to the occasion.

National Distributing Company2017-12-05
  5. "If it's not fun, we're not doing it right..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

No wall between sales and operations / Suggestions are listened to, acted upon and followed up / Company is growing rapidly / Modern technology

Cons

Long hours / Challenging customers

Advice to Management

Please continue to include all levels of associates in your plan to go to market.

National Distributing Company2017-12-04
  6. "NDC Review"

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company has plenty of opportunities for growth, outstanding reputation in the industry. Leaders invest in your development

Cons

Can be somewhat stressful as expected in a sales position. Operational issues sometimes can make it difficult to service customers.

Advice to Management

Build stronger relationships with sales reps, more team building activities. Get to know reps on personally , goes a long way towards gaining loyalty.

National Distributing Company2017-12-01
  7. "Successful sales will open the doors to upward mobility."

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Solid group of team oriented people that make coming to work a pleasure. Many ways to grow and expand thru so many different avenues. Ideas and independence come together with great management support. Daily interaction with upper management make success very achievable. Tremendous opportunities to support the community thru company supported events.

Cons

Multitude of goals to reach for, keeps you focused on ideas and solutions.

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, rigorous training curriculum, ample opportunity for advancement, commitment to promote from within, enhanced use of technology relative to competitors, challenging work environment

Cons

Heavy workload during holidays, as is expected in this industry.

National Distributing Company2017-11-29
  9. "Great company for career advancement"

Current Employee - Category Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company for career advancement as a woman in a challenging industry. A commitment to educate and equip you with the tools needed to be successful. A positive culture of giving back and community support.

Cons

Growing pains associated with expansion and innovation.

Advice to Management

Look into innovation of department incentive programs to keep teams engaged. Continuing digital platform innovation to help our suppliers and customers navigate digital consumer behaviors that need a new approach to stay relevant.

National Distributing Company2017-11-29
  10. "Great place to advance your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

National invests in training, education, and promotes from within. Work hard, and take advantage of the opportunities. The benefits package is solid.

Cons

There are so many options for your career if you work hard.

National Distributing Company2017-12-07