National Electrical Benefit Fund Reviews | Glassdoor

1.3
Lawrence J. Bradley
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Like being in high school"

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Ringgold, GA
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Ringgold, GA

I worked at National Electrical Benefit Fund full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, you can do whatever you want as long as the "click" likes you, or you are friends with one of the managers.

Cons

Very immature environment, and company. If you weren't included in the "click" then you had to follow the rules, otherwise you could do whatever you wanted. It made for a very stressful day. People would clock each other in and out, leave while on the clock to run personal errands, take time off, when they didn't have any... but only if they where in this click. very, very unprofessional office.

Advice to Management

management needs to go. The manager is friends with this click in the office and it is only going to get worse. she is going to either run off, or fire all the good workers. My advice to the owner is to get rid of both managers, and bring in new management.

2. "Stay Totally Away"

I worked at National Electrical Benefit Fund full-time

Pros

Sorry, I tried, but can't.

Cons

Work is of an obsolete type, but management is both evil and incompetent. Things will happen here you would not believe.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't listen anyway, but my advice would be to grow up.

3. "DONT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Data Entry in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Rockville, MD

Pros

It was easy work, some of the people who weren't managers were friendly, and you get all govenment holidays off (though if you are a temp, they wont pay you for it or let you make up the time). You also get to chose your schedule to some extent.

Cons

Managment is unprofessional and rude. One crazy old lady yelled at me for having a normal conversation for five minutes with another temp in a normal tone. Turnover is crazy. In the four months I was there, a person left each month without warning, yet they claim they have no job opneings. I was promised to be informed by my immediate manager of a job opening and the one time there was one that I was qualified for, I found out about it from another temp!

Advice to Management

Management could use some classes on professionalisim in the workplace. For example, telling a temp talking in a normal tone that their voice is annoying you when they were talking barely above a whisper, is hurtful and rude. Even more so when you have a door to close if voices distract and annoy you so. Not to mention that when speaking to the receptionist after hours, I was told that the reception desk is not a street corner so not to loiter at it. How did they get promoted and still they talk to people that way?