National Federation of Independent Business Reviews | Glassdoor

National Federation of Independent Business Reviews

Found 128 reviews

3.2
Juanita Duggan
Pros
  • "The company really goes out its way to support the production and growth of each sales rep(in 8 reviews)

• "Paid training was the only positive(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "telephone sales region culture has some negative dynamics with management extremely focused strictly on revenues and not on individuals(in 5 reviews)

• "Entirely cold calling on small businesses and can be very different than most sales jobs(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The sky is the limit for income. Great emphasis placed on motivating employees. Rewards for goals met are generous. Opportunity to learn and grow in position and to move up as well. Co workers are amazing and supportive.

Cons

You must be self motivated and a hard worker. You get out of this job what you put into it. The only limit is your own effort.

2. "The best job ever with Small Business Owners as my boss!"

Current Employee - Senior Grassroots Manager

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I have been at NFIB for 16 years! The absolute best part of my job is our members, small business owners, who I consider my real bosses. As an organization, the passion to fight for and represent NFIB is first. The compassion to help each member of the team succeed is always present. If you truly believe in supporting free enterprise and want a career where you can make your success, then join NFIB. Member advocacy wants...

Cons

If you are not a self-starter that can work collaboratively then this is not for you. But I don't really see this requirement as a con either.

Advice to Management

Continue the strategic plan! Moving forward has been the best! And thank you!

3. "Ingenious"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time

Pros

Unique mix of capitalism and not profit to propel ideas a free market society.

Cons

None so far from me at the moment

• "Great organization with a clear mission and passion"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits given while helping business owners on a daily basis. A very rewarding position.

Cons

Work life balance is possible with personal organization. Must stay very organized.

Advice to Management

Frequent support and communication is very helpful.

"Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative

I worked at National Federation of Independent Business full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s slightly better than pumping outhouses.

Cons

It’s sad to have to prey on the oppressed, the aged and the naive small and family-owned business owner on a daily basis. They will tell you to just push-on but everyday becomes a pitiful journey of deceit as you pull doors and have to recite that out-of-date script they will make you memorize. My advise, keep looking. You’re better than what this place has to offer. I was excited about all of the high-commissions they...

Advice to Management

Be more dignified and treat your employees better.

November 29, 2018National Director of Employment

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. NFIB has a proven track record of 75 years of service and success in being the voice of small business. As such we pride ourselves in terms of the work we do to advocate on behalf of small business to ensure small business owners are ...

• "membership sales rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at National Federation of Independent Business full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

extreme autonomy, high pay for high achievers, being outside. plenty of sales support.

Cons

many upsides are other peoples downsides. extreme autonomy for me was actually a con in the end as i got very depressed being alone all the time. There was no central office which was a benefit as I didnt have to reach a base and then drive a different direction however being alone all the time didnt work for me. If i could have worked as a team in a territory then i would have done this job forever.

Advice to Management

none really. Yall were awesome. Perhaps having a split territory option where two people can work in tandem throughout the week and work off each others energies.

• "Good for the right person ."

Current Employee - FSR1 in Chicago, IL

Pros

Independent. Can work harder to make more. Must deal with dry periods in sales.

Cons

Outdated memorized script. Unrealistic expectations such as 50+ door pulls a day.

• "Area sales"

I worked at National Federation of Independent Business full-time

Pros

Reach farmers. Good environment.

Cons

Very hard sell in some areas.

Advice to Management

Bigger areas

"TSR"

Former Employee - TSR in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at National Federation of Independent Business full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Hours (although getting worse), benefits

Cons

100% commission; no PTO; management trying to cut out us, the middlemen, in renewing memberships to save commissions. Income has dropped 30% from 2016. Unless you are a top producer, which is all manipulated, you're SOL

Advice to Management

Advocate for your hard-working employees. We've got bills to pay

July 9, 2018National Employment Manager

Thank you for your comments. 100% commission can be a great opportunity with a non-capped earnings potential for individuals who follow best practices and keep their positive energy flowing. NFIB has many long term employees from fifteen to thirty years who utilize best practices ...

"POLITICAL SHAM"

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time

Pros

There is NOTHING positive here!

Cons

This is a POLITICAL organization that supports the trump agenda. Avoid all businesses associated with them !!

June 26, 2018HR Programs Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Small businesses fuel the American economy, and we are pleased and honored that President Trump joined NFIB members during our 75th anniversary celebration. This continues our tradition of having sitting presidents from both political ...

Found 128 reviews