National Federation of Independent Business Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 19, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Juanita Duggan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company really goes out its way to support the production and growth of each sales rep" (in 8 reviews)

• "Also, Most of the members are great people and appreciate what the NFIB does for them" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "As a field sales rep I am feeling less and less valued by the organization" (in 5 reviews)

• "telephone sales region culture has some negative dynamics with management extremely focused strictly on revenues and not on individuals" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The sky is the limit for income. Great emphasis placed on motivating employees. Rewards for goals met are generous. Opportunity to learn and grow in position and to move up as well. Co workers are amazing and supportive.

Cons

You must be self motivated and a hard worker. You get out of this job what you put into it. The only limit is your own effort.

2. "The best job ever with Small Business Owners as my boss!"

Current Employee - Senior Grassroots Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Grassroots Manager

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at NFIB for 16 years! The absolute best part of my job is our members, small business owners, who I consider my real bosses. As an organization, the passion to fight for and represent NFIB is first. The compassion to help each member of the team succeed is always present. If you truly believe in supporting free enterprise and want a career where you can make your success, then join NFIB. Member advocacy wants motivated and professional self-starters! This is a great job with a passion that anyone can get behind...free enterprise!

Cons

If you are not a self-starter that can work collaboratively then this is not for you. But I don't really see this requirement as a con either.

Advice to Management

Continue the strategic plan! Moving forward has been the best! And thank you!

"TSR"

Former Employee - TSR in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - TSR in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at National Federation of Independent Business full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours (although getting worse), benefits

Cons

100% commission; no PTO; management trying to cut out us, the middlemen, in renewing memberships to save commissions. Income has dropped 30% from 2016. Unless you are a top producer, which is all manipulated, you're SOL

Advice to Management

Advocate for your hard-working employees. We've got bills to pay

National Federation of Independent Business Response

Jul 9, 2018 – National Employment Manager

Thank you for your comments. 100% commission can be a great opportunity with a non-capped earnings potential for individuals who follow best practices and keep their positive energy flowing. NFIB... More

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashville, TN

I worked at National Federation of Independent Business part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well. People are friendly. I you are interested in state and federal policy affecting small businesses, this is a great organization.

Cons

The job is only part time. It does come with some benefits though. Not much job advancement for this position.

"POLITICAL SHAM"

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time

Pros

There is NOTHING positive here!

Cons

This is a POLITICAL organization that supports the trump agenda. Avoid all businesses associated with them !!

National Federation of Independent Business Response

Jun 26, 2018 – HR Programs Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
    Small businesses fuel the American economy, and we are pleased and honored that President Trump joined NFIB members during our 75th anniversary... More

"Business Specialist"

Pros

Paid training was the only positive

Cons

Unrealistic Sales quotas were needed to earn decent pay

7. "Excellent Company A+"

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time

Pros

Cause-driven organization that makes a significant and tangible positive impact for small businesses in America. Great leadership, communication, benefits and work-life balance. I love my job!

Cons

No downside to working at NFIB.

"NFIB is full of great employees, toxic leaders"

I worked at National Federation of Independent Business full-time

Pros

The individual employees are wonderful people I will be friends with for many, many years. The pay is good. The office is nicely located in the heart of D.C. and surrounded by all sorts of good food.

Cons

The leadership is not good. Inexperienced in managing people, nit-picky and babysit. If you want to grow, this isn't the place. If you want to come to work and get paid for being there without having any ideas or doing anything exciting, this is the place for you. The structure is old and outdated with poor HR policies and little to no actual culture. Health insurance benefit is mediocre at best.

Advice to Management

You have incredibly talented and great people working for you. Let them run with their talents!

9. "An Elite Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Navarre, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Navarre, FL

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been associated with NFIB for 15 years. 14 years as a vendor, and 1 year as an employee. The leadership team is phenomenal. Ethics are beyond reproach.

The mission to promote and protect the rights of independent business owners is something everybody can be passionate about. It's an exciting feeling that permeates from the top down. I am proud to say that I work for NFIB. It is hard work, but a rewarding experience. The compensation is commensurate with your effort and skill set. Can be very lucrative for the right person.

Cons

If you don't have a passion for protecting free enterprise, helping small businesses succeed, and you are not a self manager, it's not for you.

10. "Mentally challenging"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

Pros

The company really goes out its way to support the production and growth of each sales rep.

Cons

100% Commision, there is no consistency. Everyday is different. The job remains mentally challenging.