National Federation of Independent Business Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.7
National Federation of Independent Business  President Brad Close
Brad Close
Pros
  • "I have been with NFIB going on 8 years(in 67 reviews)

• "NFIB is the perfect work life balance for me(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't feel there is a downside to working for NFIB(in 28 reviews)

• "The Member Rep position is essentially straight commission(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Growing NFIB Membership base to give a voice to America’s small & independent business owners

Mar 13, 2021 - Membership Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

They take care of their employees! During the pandemic state shutdown and during the recent ice storm they took care of us to keep us whole while out of the field. Couldn’t have asked for a better company who values their employees. They invest in your success and want you to reach your full potential. Generous comp plan, they pay you what you are with... I’m finally making six figures!!! Great health & retirement benefits.

Cons

No paid time off, however they do give you points towards your monthly bonus to keep you on track.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company to work for!!!

May 6, 2021 - Field Sales Representative in Wisconsin Rapids, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Set your own schedule. Unlimited earnings potential. Saving small businesses.

Cons

Need to have the right mindset to get out in the field and be prepared to receive “no” for an answer.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

NFIB as an employer fosters fantastic career development in tandem with working for a great cause!

Jan 21, 2021 - Senior Division Manager in Endicott, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Working for a great cause (protecting the rights of small business owners) -Hands on training -Company culture? Without exaggeration, the best! I have been with NFIB going on 8 years. In that time, every person I have met across the organization has been delightful and willing to help in any way that they can. We also recognize and celebrate success while pulling together toward our common of protecting our members' rights to own, operate, and grow their businesses. -Great career development and growth opportunities -Excellent employee benefits

Cons

-Must be a self manager and driven. I know this section is for cons and this his isn't necessarily a con, but I don't really have any cons to list. With the idea that this is to hep others potentially find the great career that I have found I figure I will just provide a dose of reality. One of the greatest benefits of the career is the autonomy and work/life balance that it provides, at the same time not everyone is cut out for that autonomy. If you aren't good at holding yourself accountable for your results, it's not for you. Just like a small business owner, your income depends on your effort.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

I left in 2010. It was am amazing opportunity and my life benefited greatly in many way from working here.

Apr 19, 2021 - Find Raiser in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hours, pay, benefits both health &life insurance plus 401k and retirement benefits.

Cons

High stress & boiler room pressure, you are only as good as your last sale, very clicky, highly competitive, managers show favorites and give preferential treatment to select individuals to boost their sales.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

NFIB is 100% Positive in all aspects of Supervisor - employee relationships. It walks the talk.

Mar 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

All levels of supervision have first name relationships with all their team. National sales conferences are held weekly. All managers from President to Senior Vice President down speak at a level playing field. There is a Family atmosphere with great encouragement from all top sales people sharing their best practices. Everyone supports everyone!

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the company.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive organization that cares about its employees

Mar 18, 2021 - Membership Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

You couldn't ask for more resources to succeed in the position. Both management and fellow MR's genuinely care about your success and do everything in their power to help you achieve your goals.

Cons

Tough days in the field can be psychologically challenging. But, again, the organization offers a wide range of tools and support. You just have to take advantage of it.

7. 5.0

Incredible Culture and outstanding leadership

Mar 18, 2021 - Member Representative in Santa Fe, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management and leadership of this organization are supportive and do everything in their power to help you be successful. Everyone within the organization is willing to contribute to your success network and motivates one another.

Cons

This career requires self discipline to be successful.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company to work for!

Mar 18, 2021 - Membership Representative in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management and the entire Sales team wants you to succeed. They have an amazing mentorship program to get you started, and a Sales Training program that is the best I've ever seen

Cons

Keep up the great work.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best workplace team and support

Apr 2, 2021 - Member Representative in Chippewa Falls, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Merit based pay, excellent training and support. An excellent mission. Time off is truly time off.

Cons

Must be self motivated and organized.

10. 5.0

Hard Work Will Pay Off

Mar 19, 2021 - Member Representative in Traverse City, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. A very supportive company that truly cares about their employees. Flexible Schedule Fighting for a worthy cause Very rewarding bonus structure

Cons

High levels of rejection from prospects. No guaranteed income.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 261 Reviews