National Field Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.9
Shari Nott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Pizza and bagels that is basically it (in 8 reviews)

• there are always internal job postings when a position opens up so the opportunity for growth is always available (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The communication skills of upper management are awful (in 10 reviews)

• The work environment can be EXTREMELY HIGH STRESS, but not all of the time (in 7 reviews)

"Data Processor"

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environment. Flexible hours and opportunity for growth.

Cons

Communication between management and employees.

Advice to Management

Better communication

2. "Hard Job"

I worked at National Field Network full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, good supervisors, Ok benifits

Cons

Higher management does not communicate openly with emplyees, corporate atmosphere never know when you're going to get fired, massive changes too common.

Advice to Management

More clearly talk to lower level employees and give more clear instructions to mid-management.

"Definitely do NOT recommend"

I worked at National Field Network full-time

Pros

I enjoyed the company of my co-workers and my manager at the time. Other than that, it was a very miserable time working for the company, but I needed an income.

Cons

I worked in the Accounting department, and while my manager was great, the work I was responsible for had nothing to do with accounting.
    I was a data processor. All day, for 8 hours I would review invoices and approve or deny them based on the company's policies. It was the most boring year of my life.
    It took me a year, but I stuck around to make the small amount that I was, and eventually found my dream job.

I would never recommend this place to anyone. They had you clock in/out whenever you left your desk to open time clock. They watch every move you make and treat employees like slaves.

Advice to Management

My advice to management/HR is to go and find yourselves new jobs, because you know NFN is not going to last. The HR manager and HR VP know well that they company is failing, so my advice to you, yourself is get out. Leaving was the best decision I ever made, and I knew I was going to leave within 2 months of working there. It just took awhile to find my dream job.

Sep 11, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your honest and open review. Data processing is an essential part of the accounting department to ensure that invoices are sent out correctly. Data entry is not for everyone and we at... More

"DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY"

Pros

There are no pro's to working for this company.

Cons

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, work for this company if you are a vendor. We are filing a CLASS ACTION SUIT and yes, we will go to New Jersey to execute this. Our goal is to put this company out of business, see them behind bars and they better pray that their Taxes are in order because we as VENDORS are through with being lied too, cheated, and used.

Advice to Management

ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!!!!!

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Client Reporting Analyst in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Reporting Analyst in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, relaxing atmosphere, and benefits.

Cons

Easy to get stuck, lack of growth.

Advice to Management

Look toward the future of the company more often, or make it more obvious to the employee's

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Manager

In the event that you feel that you have a lack of growth, please speak with your manager or human resources. We would like all employees to feel as if they are a valuable member of the team. We... More

"Exciting job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ

I worked at National Field Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with and for some fantastic people. There's an opportunity to come in with no real experience and if you take it on yourself to learn and grab every opportunity to stand out, you will do well. Fast paced--never boring.

Cons

Communication between upper management is terrible. Ditto accounting/financial and everyone else. Besides the stressful nature of the job itself, the communication issues lead to explosions at certain points every year and then there's layoffs and drastic changes.

Advice to Management

Listen to the supervisors. Management is, was, and remains the problem.

May 4, 2017 – HR Manager

There has only been one lay off at National Field Network. Communication between upper management and the supervisors and the employees is an area that is continually being improved upon.

"RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. NFN ARE CROOKS"

Former Employee - Vendor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Vendor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at National Field Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro about National Field Network was the day I left

Cons

This company is ran by crooks. They lie, cheat, and will do anything to keep from paying their field vendors. The expect the vendors to be an extension of their business and want to run the company of the vendors dime. They should be shut down and ran out of town. They have already lost one contract it is my hope and prayer they the other 2 that they have soon leave as well and that National Field Network goes out of business.
    They will respond to this review by saying that the vendors don't work at the office, which is true, however we are the ones making the money for them and at the end of the day we should be treated better than we are.
    When they get in a financial bind they do not share it with the vendors they just hold our money. They never informed us and when we ask we are told (lied to) that our work orders have not aged out yet or that there is a issue. Contract stated we be paid timely, in my book 90 to 120 days out is not timely.

Advice to Management

Quit or turn the company over to someone who knows how to run it.

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Manager

To wish any business would be shut down and run out of town is immature and reflective of your personality. National Field Network has a network of contractors that have been with the company for an... More

"Response to HR"

I worked at National Field Network full-time

Pros

Free Food - not a great PRO - when you have a family to support and do not get a raise in 3 years pizza is not a great substitute for an actual raise.

Cons

This is company is very enmoral - I was a processor there and damn good at my job - and the CEO had no problem charging the client $190 for an acre cut and if the FT only put in for $40 she would not up their amount and still take 25% of the $40 paying the FT $30 and getting $160 for the client and that's how they billed for all their payables until February of 2016 - that is a dishonest person and not even sure if that is legal - wonder what HUD would say since she did that for over 5 years - wonder why she changed it unless she knew how wrong it was - I was there for almost 2 years and what I saw was so wrong and HR can deny this all they want but that shows how dishonest they are. And just in case you are wonder, the women of HR, the employees of the company all talk to each other wether they are suppose to or not so everyone knows what truth the company, supervisor and manage are really about.

Advice to Management

NO advice - you need to live with yourselves and you know that all these reviews are right.

"Great work enviroment"

I have been working at National Field Network full-time

Pros

a lot of benefits, friendly staff

Cons

lack of communication between departments

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Manager

Communication between departments is always an area where we are striving to improve. If there are any suggestions for helping to improve the communication, please share with your department... More

"Good entry level company, great way to gain useful experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monday thru Friday, reasonable work hours, reasonable benefits, 401k matched up to either 4 or 5 %, flexible schedule if emergencies arise.

Cons

Can get stressful. New program implementations don't work right for the first week or so. Clients can make things harder then they need to be.

Advice to Management

Try to implement some things to boost employee morale. If they feel like the company is a family and cared about production will be high.