National Futures Association Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 138 reviews

4.4
National Futures Association CEO Tom Sexton
Tom Sexton
Pros
  • "We maintain a work/life balance like you wouldn't believe and work in a very diverse environment(in 62 reviews)

• "The organization prides itself on work-life balance and offers great benefits, particularly if you are in this job fresh out of college(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Office Politics (Need to brown nose to get promoted or get a good review)(in 6 reviews)

• "Majority of upper management have been working there for their entire career lives(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"People Oriented"

Current Employee - Senior Compliance Examiner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at National Futures Association full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great place to work! Staff at NFA are very friendly and Management is really considerate of work/life balance. In addition, working at NFA is great place to learn and develop as a Finance Professional. I have worked here for about 3 years and have truly enjoyed the time spent with coworker and expanding my knowledge of the financial industry. I would definitely recommend working at NFA.

Cons

The only downside is compensation but that's only comparable to the rest of the financial industry.

2. "Excellent company with a culture of inclusivity and curiosity!"

Current Employee - Compliance Examiner II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at National Futures Association full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great training and professional development program - initial new hire training gives a great overview of what the job will entail, and there are many courses offered online - Open-door policy/culture - everyone is very encouraging, from the top of the organization down; I have never felt so comfortable and supported in a role - Travel! If you enjoy traveling, a large part of your role involves traveling to firms and...

Cons

There was a bit of a gap between when I was hired and when I started, but management asked for feedback after the New Hire training class and it seems like they are really trying to address this in the future!

3. "Best Place I Have Worked At"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at National Futures Association full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

NFA has great work life balance. Ability to work remote.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

4. "NFA is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Quantitative Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Work-life balance Flexible schedule Lots of training opportunities Benefits: 401k, health insurance, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Open work environment is great for collaboration, but you don't have any privacy

5. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Compliance Supervisor in Chicago, IL

Pros

NFA has wonderful benefits. You can choose to 'purchase' more vacation or sick days, telecommuting once a week is usually allowed, and flex days for time off is really nice. the trainings for new employees are good as well.

Cons

It's a very political organization. Promotions depend on how well liked you are by your managers, and people who suck up to upper management definitely get more opportunities. If you mess up or fall behind once, it's very easy for things to snowball, and instead of managers actually coaching their staff, they create unrealistic deadlines to keep that staff member down. I've never had a problem working with men before,...

Advice to Management

Make sure staff are given equal opportunities. Make sure coaches are well matched to staff to actually develop their abilities and work. Stop obsessing over how much extra time employees are putting in, and start valuing employees who can get all their work done well without putting in extra hours.

6. "NFA"

Current Employee - Compliance Examiner I, OTC Derivatives in New York, NY

Pros

Working at NFA is a great experience. We maintain a work/life balance like you wouldn't believe and work in a very diverse environment. Coming in as a new hire you will have an extensive period of training, and if you ever need help, you can ask anyone in the office without a problem.,

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. All managers make themselves extremely approachable and it is comforting, especially when you first start out.

7. "Best job to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Compliance Examiner in Chicago, IL

Pros

-Amazing work/life balance -Travel -Great benefits -Friendly environment

Cons

-Can not think of any

8. "Senior Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at National Futures Association full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

NFA is a delightful place to work. The company really look after their employees. I just celebrated my ten year anniversary here and I am looking forward to another 10+ Have to say I Love my Job and the company (NFA) I work for.

Cons

There aren't any Cons working at NFA-Just all PROS

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work.

9. "NFA Compliance Examiner"

Current Employee - Compliance Examiner in Chicago, IL

Pros

-benefits (insurance, flex days, extra vacation days) -hours (7.5 hours a day) - Travel ( all over the country and even to international locations) - Everyone is so friendly

Cons

- so far there are no cons

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Compliance Examiner

I have been working at National Futures Association full-time

Pros

-collaborative, inclusive culture -approachable upper-level management -civil, friendly co-workers -diverse work projects -emphasis on work-life balance -prioritizes career and professional development

Cons

At times, one can sense office politices

Found 138 reviews