National HME Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
William Monast

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Helping patients, and families with end of life care (in 4 reviews)

• You actually get to make a difference in people's lives (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and executives do sometimes favoritism and they need to become more involved overall (in 11 reviews)

• Long hours and emotional situations (in 3 reviews)

"If you're looking for fulfillment and chances for advancement, this is your company."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Richland Hills, TX

Pros

It's all about helping people in a time of need. Every person has the ability through their job to help patients either directly or indirectly. There are a lot of really passionate and caring people that work here and everyone really seems to care about each other.

All equipment is in really good shape compared to others in the industry.

Cons

Everything must be done with urgency. When working with hospice patients time is always of the essence.

Advice to Management

My feedback would be to continue to celebrate the high performers and continue to let them be apart of the company influence.

2. "MST"

Current Employee - Mst in Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Mst in Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at National HME full-time

Pros

Good company to work for supervisors are good people.

Cons

I cant say much becuase for the most part the company is on point.

3. "Great team! Meaningful work that makes a difference!"

I have been working at National HME full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent leadership. Career advancement. Wonderful mentor. Love the people I get to work with! The camaraderie makes work fun! Great culture.

Cons

Seeing families who are coping with loved one on hospice. Can be emotional but I know when I've helped them and made a tough situation better.

Advice to Management

Thanks for giving us opportunities to stretch and for rewarding our efforts. I know you appreciate when we go above and beyond.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at National HME full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job security, fun and positive atmosphere

Cons

Very few job openings, pay increase are minimum. Upper management and executives do sometimes favoritism and they need to become more involved overall.

Advice to Management

Executive team could be more involved. Take care of employees who have been with your company for mutiple years. I have been employed for over4 years and yet to get a raise within last two years. However, I love my job and I don't plan on leaving.

5. "Career advancement at it best"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

Pros

Caring and passionate business caring for hospice patient through providing quality medical equipment.

Cons

Long hours and emotional situations

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"The best and most rewarding job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager

Pros

Contrary to what some people are saying about National HME, they are wrong, jealous or just mad at the world for some reason. National HME has took me in from knowing nothing about DME, put me in the warehouse to learn about the equipment, gave me trainning which was above and beyond and the support I needed to succeed in this company. I worked my way up from nothing working hard and put my loyality into this company, to a Branch Operations Manager, DRIVERS can work their way up thru the company too. The Operations Manager over me is a godsend and has taught and supported me with unwaivering care and upmost respect, not to forget the Current Compliance Officer who has been there for support, knowledge not only to me but to my enti8re team. Most DME companies do not offer health insurance much less a complete benefits package like National HME. The upper management team has the compassion for the patients of National HME, they had to earn their respect and their positions. Some past employees took their positions for granted, failed and maybe that is why they were weeded out because they were like cancers, they had to be removed. National HME has a terrific management team across the country, dedicated and respected directors and you will never find owners who care not only for their patients but their employees too.

Cons

Sure the hours can be long and tiring, but the shear reward of knowing you have helped someone in need is worth it all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you have grown a wonderful company that is compassionate and caring. You have a wonderful heart. Weed out the bad apples that want to spread vemon. Most of all, thank you for a wonderful place I can call home and a career that truly is rewarding! Lookinh forward to many years with National HME

"Fulfilling experience to work with amazing people in which we have the opportunity to touch lives at a dark time."

I have been working at National HME full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with fantastic teammates everyday by serving hospice patients and their families. I love what I do because everyday I go home to be with my family I know what I did made a difference!

Cons

Hospice is an emotional roller coaster and we are serving people who just found out a loved one is dying. We are normally the first ones in the home and see the raw emotions of the family...this can get tough everyday.

Advice to Management

I have seen a tremendous effort by leadership to improve communication, safety processes, and overall give us an opportunity to have great benefits including advancement.

8. "Rewarding work in a challenging field"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at National HME full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great camaraderie at the office, really good benefits, and the opportunity to help people who are in the final stage of life.

Cons

Hospice is a 24/7 industry so National HME has to be there when needed. This creates long, unpredictable hours for the medical service technicians.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open between headquarters and employees in the field.

9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at National HME full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement
    Pay is great for managers

Cons

High turn around for drivers
    Need to let managers do there job.

Advice to Management

Pat attention to your Branch Managers.

10. "Definitely Some Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Lead Technician
    Current Employee - Lead Technician

I have been working at National HME full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping patients and their families in a tough time. Decent pay with yearly raises even though it may only be .07 cents.

Cons

The upper management seems like they could care less about how they treat any of employees under them except for the PCRS, when it's Us Msts that are out in the snow, sleet, rain, ice, wind, mud, sweltering sun whatever we have to do to try and keep patients happy. Very Poor Equipment being delivered to patients Supposed to be working under the "Grandparent Standard". Well 90% of the equipment I deliver I wouldn't want my loved ones to have.

Advice to Management

Be a management. Train your branch managers to manage, not just promote a driver that has no real managing skills..