National Health Educators Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 17, 2019

3.7
Jay White

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "My job requires me to teach international personal trainer certification and licensing programs for NHE" (in 8 reviews)

• "My job enables me to work with other professional in exercise science" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "It takes up a great deal of time that you don't get compensated for" (in 2 reviews)

• "NHE is not well known in the private sector as they are primarily a B2B organization" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Working as a subject matter expert online"

Current Employee - SME Subject Expert in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - SME Subject Expert in Joliet, IL

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, weekends optional, no daily meetings, no direct dealing with students who fail.

Cons

Health care options are bleak, nonexistent.

"Panel Specialist review"

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clients are provided by NHE. There is no sales.

Cons

Because the clients contact information is never shared with the panel specialists, there is no way to build a private clientele base.

Advice to Management

none.

"Heath Panel Specialist"

Current Employee - Health Panel Specialist in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Health Panel Specialist in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They only hire REAL fitness experts here. No more having to compete with weekend trainers with no experience. When you go to the NASM site, you see that EVERYBODY passed the exam! How is that possible? Then those same trainers realize after a couple of months that they can't make any money so they turn to places like NHE hoping to be administered the same type of exam. Of course most fail and that is the good part as far as I am concerned. At my other job, I had 8 clients, down from 30. Why? Because the manager hired a new 'trainer' once a month and before too long the place was saturated with them. At NHE, it's all about the service and that is why I believe they take their time in hiring the right people ...me being one of them of course :)

Cons

The MTC exam that is required is no joke but passing actually proves something worth mentioning to clients.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. DO NOT LET THE WEEKENDERS IN!!!

"HPC Fitness Specialist"

Current Employee - HPC Specialist in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - HPC Specialist in Newport News, VA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would have to say freedom in work schedule as the main positive. Having two small children and a busy fitness business schedule, most jobs I have been offered were too rigid in the work time requirements. I have had positions that paid significantly more and that includes a couple of positions I was considering at the time I chose my HPC job, but at the same time the schedule was not going to work for me and there was more driving involved.

Cons

It’s a virtual position so not recommended for anyone who doesn’t have the space for quite work. I have an office in my house, plus there are plenty of opportunities for me to complete my assignments throughout the day (Starbucks or Health center lounge area). Mostly quite environments or I can use my noise-canceling headset if there are rowdy children around.

Advice to Management

Healthcare would be nice.

"Live Chat Agent"

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time

Pros

Many pros to my job but to name one, I can work any days I choose including weekends. My schedule is entirely flexible.

Cons

Too many stupid questions from clients.

Advice to Management

Have a more substantial FAQ section somewhere on the site for questions I seem to be answering over and over again.

"SME Panel Specialist"

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time

Pros

The thing I appreciate most about working for a place like NHE is the quality of people I'm associated with. Many of my colleagues have master's degrees in exercise science. It is a stark experience from my job at LifeTime Fitness.

Cons

Asking about cons is tough for me because I have only been there for two weeks. I'm sure I'll have plenty of complaints after a few months ;)

"My PWC Opinion"

Current Employee - Physical Wellness Consultant in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Physical Wellness Consultant in Canton, OH

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think this job is perfect for this type of workload. It allows for flexible hours and the ability to work on the road.

Cons

The pros are essentially the cons. You’ll probably find yourself working on projects well past their acceptable levels. I’m a perfectionist and I spend a great deal of time trying to perfect my programs.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give.

"Shandong Course Trainer"

Current Employee - Instructor in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Instructor in Garland, TX

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perfect work schedule! I work between 6 in the evening to 2 in the morning.

Cons

I do not speak Mandarin so I instruct via their translater Skyle app. This process is a tad slow.

Advice to Management

I would recommend some sort of expertise related trainer-to-trainer instruction work. Some of their trainers on the oher side are very new to personal training.

"Certified personal trainer's review of NHE Personal Trainer Specialist job"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I appreciate most about my position is that I no longer have to sell personal trainer packages.

Cons

The pay is not equal to the work. There have been weeks when I worked more than 40 hours but since the pay is salary, they do not pay you overtime.

Advice to Management

Pay overtime for everything over 40 hours.

"Interesting company"

Current Employee - Physical Wellness Consultant in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Physical Wellness Consultant in Dublin, OH

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The part of the job title that caught my eye is that their trainers do not have to sell supplements. I HATE selling.

Cons

They do not offer an insurance plan.

Advice to Management

Go after the people who try to scare others away by saying there are no jobs. Just because they couldn't pass the exam doesn't mean people with college degrees can't.