National Health Educators Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jay White

"Phase #12 PFMS completion"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule allowance so I can work late hours on certain days.

Cons

No medical or 401K plan for full time employees. A definite bummer.

Advice to Management

There should be some benefits to being full time employed. Currently there is none. That needs to change if you guys want to keep talent.

"job at nhe"

Current Employee - Exercise Course Instructor in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Exercise Course Instructor in Macon, GA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My primary reason for applying for a position with NHE was to expand my skill set and acquire a greater understanding of how to properly train people online. Although I am not training clients per se, I am learning the online training environment which requires different types of teaching techniques as opposed to face to face training.

Cons

I have not come across any cons of the position.

Advice to Management

I do not have a manager.

"Exercise Course Instructor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My job requires me to teach international personal trainer certification and licensing programs for NHE. The logistics took a couple of days to set up because I needed to have a more reliable Internet web cam setup and my area doesn't have the best Internet provider but once everything was approved by NHE I was able to begin work immediately.

Cons

Before I took the position I did a lot of research online and found an overall approval of the NHE programs, particularly from post graduate degree holders who praise the complexity of the material.

Advice to Management

I would advise the parent company to convert many of the positions to 1099. I was a 1099 at my previous job and I prefer the independent status overall.

"Exercise Course Instructor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe any job a person can land that allows him/her to do what they love is all anyone can wish for. I've had a couple of jobs that allowed me to demonstrate my talents as a certified personal trainer with an exercise science degree. My responsibilities involve helping personal trainers in Germany. I lived in Munich for several years and I speak German fluently. My position is a perfect fit for me and I hope it continues to be.

Cons

The company is new in this region and there doesn't seem to be any plans for a local presence in Germany, either on a temporary basis or a permanent one. Also, there are no advancement opportunities that I am aware of. This is a bit disconcerting. I would like the chance to grow as a professional and staying in the same job will hinder my growth.

Advice to Management

The German translated study guides have several errors in wording. There are several 'loss in translation' phrases that I've seen. Other than that, the German version is very good.

"Affiliate Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Affiliate Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Affiliate Sales Representative in Miami, FL

Pros

Sales is sales. One thing about sales is you have to love what you sell. I have always sold nutritional products and medical supplies. This job was the first time I sold a service and I must admit, it is 100 times easier to sell a service companies need than it is to sell them a product they already have contracted out with a rival competitor. I sell PFMS services to gyms nationwide and it has so far proven to be a very easy service to get out there.

Cons

I used to work for a medical equipment manufacturer in Texas. I loved that company because they understood the importance between the sales, marketing and product management personnel. NHE isn't quite there yet but they are moving in the right direction. Their system makes it more difficult to collaborate with associated departments than it needs to be. I've made some issues known and I trust they are being considered. Management seems very competent.

Advice to Management

Hire a management consultant firm. There are many current management trends I feel would benefit NHE very much. There needs to be a more seamless collaboration between the sales departments and the service providers.

"Affiliate Account Manager"

Current Employee - Affiliate Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Affiliate Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good comp package. Lead sources are very high quality. Not much cold-calling. Products are very trendy making them easier to sell. Great feedback from prospective clients. Sales personnel do not have to take any expertise exams which is great because I have little nutrition knowledge and probably would not pass.

Cons

NHE is not well known in the private sector as they are primarily a B2B organization. This tends to create a divide between interest and familiarity which can create some confusion among prospective clients. However, their online tutorial is extremely helpful in educating them.

Advice to Management

Management should create territories. Possibly divide the regions up with the senior sales reps having first dibs on the best areas.

"NHE Fitness Advisor"

Current Employee - Fitness Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Fitness Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am responsible for assisting new clients with their fitness programs and customizing their diets. The primary difference between what I do now and my old job of training for a box gym is that there is no selling. At my old job we were required to sell supplements, training packages and sometimes gym memberships if all other sales counselors were busy with other members. I am not good at sales, I do not like sales and I didn't go to school to be a sales rep so for me any job that allows me to use my education and not have to sell anything is a good step for my career.

Cons

There is a lot of analytical work that comes with what I do. It takes up a great deal of time that you don't get compensated for. They pay you for the programs but they don't factor in all the time you spend analyzing client data.

Advice to Management

I believe a complete recrudescing of the compensation is needed. The work we do is very specialized and there aren't many people qualified at this level.

"Facebook Post Contributor"

Current Employee - Facebook Contributor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Facebook Contributor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about my job is a ‘PRO’! I can work from school, I can write as many articles as I wish and they publish them within 72 hours of submittal. I created a link from my business Facebook page and my personal training business has grown as a direct result of clients seeing me as a primary contributor for one of the industry’s most prestigious fitness companies. My job is a perfect complement to my personal training business. It keeps me fresh because as I research for NHE, I also expand my expertise and knowledge base. My minor in college was journalism so I am so happy that I get to apply much of that part of my education to my fitness businesses.

Cons

I get nervous knowing that my contract in only for 12 months. I have read some posts online from other NHE Facebook writers and one person had his contract remain canceled and not renewed after it expired while some others received a 24-month extension. From what I could gather, it really depends on the quality of the work. If you get lazy they might ax you but if your contributions are fresh and relevant, then you should be o.k. Fingers crossed!

Advice to Management

I really do not have any advice to give to management. I think they do a good job in my department. It’s very well run and organized.

"Social Media Contributor"

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flex schedule. Residual pay options. Small competitor environment. Freq. Evaluation process. Contract term extensions. Creativity is encouraged. No micro management.

Company only hires educated, professional people. No high school or fly-by-nighters.

Cons

Cons would be their benefits package is non-existent. They pay you more in weekly comp because you will have to go out and get your own insurance. So the pay is a bit misleading in that way because people may not quite understand... even though it is clearly stated in the job description.

Advice to Management

Add medical and dental and retirement options. People aren't used to having to negotiate their own medical insurance plus companies who provide medical insurance can offer insurance much cheaper to their employees because they get an overall discount because they are adding a huge group to their plans.

"Personal Fitness MGR review"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been a personal fitness manager for NHE since summer 2014. I was recruited from my old employer (24 hour fitness) to join NHE as a global personal trainer of sorts. This job is not like was expected. I originally believed I would be traveling to different countries helping promote the NHE brand but after speaking with my hiring manager I learned that the job is exclusively a stay at home job. Because I didn't want to stay at home all day, everyday I chose to only work as Pfms part time, allowing me to train with my one-on-one clients too.

Cons

The Cons: The job is 100% exercise program development. There is no personal contact with the client and there is no verbal contact with the client. This soon turns into a plus because you become very good at articulating programs in greater detail.

Advice to Management

Off the top of my head I would advise management to increase the starting salary to roughly $50/hr. This is the going rate for top personal trainers in the industry.