National Health Educators Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Jay White

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "For fitness instructors out there."

Current Employee - Exercise Specialist
    Current Employee - Exercise Specialist

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

After you get hired you get a very detailed job offer letter which stipulates by bullet point ALL of your job responsibilities. Often with these types of fitness jobs you get told one thing and then you find out that you are required to do other things that perhaps are less 'glamorous'. So for me, the detailed job responsibilities is a big plus.

Cons

Not certain if this is a 'con' but there isn't much clarity on longevity. I haven't really had a chance to discuss long term employment with any of the higher ups but from my personal research I could not find NHE employees who had worked for the company for longer than 5 years.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is regarding the mtc exam that is used to score everyone's expertise. I would not have everyone take the same exam. Someone like myself, who is a nutritionist, isn't going to fair as well on the exercise science portions of the exam.

2. "PWC new hire"

Current Employee - Physical Wellness Consultant in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Physical Wellness Consultant in Henderson, NV

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

100% of the work can be done from my tablet. I am not required to work out of an office.

Cons

No insurance for full time employment is not ideal for men with families. I pay $2300 a year in premiums that the company should be paying for.

Advice to Management

Offer insurance, both medical and dental. I understand that is all factored into the compensation but the time searching for quality insurance is not. Particularly for those of us who come from companies that provide insurance to all their employees.

3. "Company review"

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time

Pros

You get to work with full health profiles. Easy to design programs.

Cons

I haven't work here long enough to know of any downsides.

Advice to Management

No advice to management

"NHE review"

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time

Pros

I was initially attracted to NHE because of their international affiliations. I was particularly interested in working with their French division. If you have international fitness instruction aspirations, I recommend this company.

Cons

A downside would be no career advancements.

Advice to Management

Create pathways to upper management. Seems like the top jobs are locked out for new comers.

"Phase #12 PFMS completion"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule allowance so I can work late hours on certain days.

Cons

No medical or 401K plan for full time employees. A definite bummer.

Advice to Management

There should be some benefits to being full time employed. Currently there is none. That needs to change if you guys want to keep talent.

"job at nhe"

Current Employee - Exercise Course Instructor in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Exercise Course Instructor in Macon, GA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My primary reason for applying for a position with NHE was to expand my skill set and acquire a greater understanding of how to properly train people online. Although I am not training clients per se, I am learning the online training environment which requires different types of teaching techniques as opposed to face to face training.

Cons

I have not come across any cons of the position.

Advice to Management

I do not have a manager.

"Exercise Course Instructor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My job requires me to teach international personal trainer certification and licensing programs for NHE. The logistics took a couple of days to set up because I needed to have a more reliable Internet web cam setup and my area doesn't have the best Internet provider but once everything was approved by NHE I was able to begin work immediately.

Cons

Before I took the position I did a lot of research online and found an overall approval of the NHE programs, particularly from post graduate degree holders who praise the complexity of the material.

Advice to Management

I would advise the parent company to convert many of the positions to 1099. I was a 1099 at my previous job and I prefer the independent status overall.

"Exercise Course Instructor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe any job a person can land that allows him/her to do what they love is all anyone can wish for. I've had a couple of jobs that allowed me to demonstrate my talents as a certified personal trainer with an exercise science degree. My responsibilities involve helping personal trainers in Germany. I lived in Munich for several years and I speak German fluently. My position is a perfect fit for me and I hope it continues to be.

Cons

The company is new in this region and there doesn't seem to be any plans for a local presence in Germany, either on a temporary basis or a permanent one. Also, there are no advancement opportunities that I am aware of. This is a bit disconcerting. I would like the chance to grow as a professional and staying in the same job will hinder my growth.

Advice to Management

The German translated study guides have several errors in wording. There are several 'loss in translation' phrases that I've seen. Other than that, the German version is very good.

"Affiliate Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Affiliate Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Affiliate Sales Representative in Miami, FL

Pros

Sales is sales. One thing about sales is you have to love what you sell. I have always sold nutritional products and medical supplies. This job was the first time I sold a service and I must admit, it is 100 times easier to sell a service companies need than it is to sell them a product they already have contracted out with a rival competitor. I sell PFMS services to gyms nationwide and it has so far proven to be a very easy service to get out there.

Cons

I used to work for a medical equipment manufacturer in Texas. I loved that company because they understood the importance between the sales, marketing and product management personnel. NHE isn't quite there yet but they are moving in the right direction. Their system makes it more difficult to collaborate with associated departments than it needs to be. I've made some issues known and I trust they are being considered. Management seems very competent.

Advice to Management

Hire a management consultant firm. There are many current management trends I feel would benefit NHE very much. There needs to be a more seamless collaboration between the sales departments and the service providers.

"Affiliate Account Manager"

Current Employee - Affiliate Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Affiliate Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good comp package. Lead sources are very high quality. Not much cold-calling. Products are very trendy making them easier to sell. Great feedback from prospective clients. Sales personnel do not have to take any expertise exams which is great because I have little nutrition knowledge and probably would not pass.

Cons

NHE is not well known in the private sector as they are primarily a B2B organization. This tends to create a divide between interest and familiarity which can create some confusion among prospective clients. However, their online tutorial is extremely helpful in educating them.

Advice to Management

Management should create territories. Possibly divide the regions up with the senior sales reps having first dibs on the best areas.