National Health Educators Reviews | Glassdoor

National Health Educators Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

"Personal Fitness MGR review"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been a personal fitness manager for NHE since summer 2014. I was recruited from my old employer (24 hour fitness) to join NHE as a global personal trainer of sorts. This job is not like was expected. I originally believed I would be traveling to different countries helping promote the NHE brand but after speaking with my hiring manager I learned that the job is exclusively a stay at home job. Because I didn't want to stay at home all day, everyday I chose to only work as Pfms part time, allowing me to train with my one-on-one clients too.

Cons

The Cons: The job is 100% exercise program development. There is no personal contact with the client and there is no verbal contact with the client. This soon turns into a plus because you become very good at articulating programs in greater detail.

Advice to Management

Off the top of my head I would advise management to increase the starting salary to roughly $50/hr. This is the going rate for top personal trainers in the industry.

"ECI Job Details"

Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The reason I chose to apply for an ECI position with NHE is because they had an opportunity that fit my qualifications and my educational background.

Cons

For me, the gym where I work is 35 miles from my house. NHE doesn't have many FCA opportunities in my area. The pay is sufficient and gas prices are dropping so this is becoming less of an issue for me.

Advice to Management

Hire more sales reps, get more FCA contracts.

"Personal Fitness Management Specialist Review by Part Time Employee"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I believe the best reasons to work for NHE Fitness is that they are a prestigious fitness organization and are held in high regard amongst successful fitness professionals. The best reason to work as a PFMS for NHE, at least for me, is that it is a job that can be done anywhere. It's a writer's job and it only requires a WIFI connection, a laptop and a quite environment from which to work.

Cons

Ironically, the only con I can think of is the exact as one of the PROS. Although they are well respected amongst successful fitness professionals (college professors, gym owners, personal training clinicians) they are far less known at the bottom of the totem pole (part time trainers, gym staffers, clients).

Advice to Management

I would like to see some NHE sponsored events. We did this a great deal at my old job and the feedback was always positive. The events could be anything from half marathons, fitness shows, nutritional seminars and so forth.

"Best Job Ever!!"

Current Employee - Exercise Physiology Content Writer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Exercise Physiology Content Writer in Madison, WI

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I was in college I worked for the school paper and I absolutely loved it. Since leaving school, I've struggled to find a job that matched the type of gratitude I felt when I worked on the Badger until NHE.

Cons

If I must write a con then I would say that a lot of people do not know about National Health Educators. I get tired of referring people online and asking them to do their own research.

Advice to Management

ADVERTISE...ADVERTISE...ADVERTISE!!! Get your name out there more. People in the fitness industry need to know that there is a reputable personal trainer certification organization.

"PFMS part timer"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work for any company is the compensation in my opinion. NHE isn't on the high end of where the industry is but it is a bit above standard pay. I certainly earn the pay though, through the workload and time.

Cons

The biggest challenge of being a PFMS (which stands for Personal Fitness Management Specialist) is the inconsistencies of the assessment forms. Because I deal with different gyms from different countries, many of the key components require additional time to decider with NHE. It could be the fact that I'm relatively new to this type of work and it may get easier at least that is my hope.

Advice to Management

I wish management would hire consultants that could be reached via online chat. I have already made an informal inquiry addressing this matter to management.

"Regional Manager- Odessa, TX"

Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Odessa, TX

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My job enables me to work with other professional in exercise science. Working in a health and fitness environment gives me the chance to develop my skills as a certified fitness professional.

Cons

I am only permitted a part time commitment due to my school and other clients. I have made a request to work full time in September but I have yet to get a confirmation.

Advice to Management

I really do not have any comments regarding management. I believe the organization is ran very well and there are good procedures for most ever situation.

"Real fitness job with no selling!!"

Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlike every other personal trainer job I've had, I do not have to spend my time generating business for the company.

Cons

There is very little advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would advise the management team to schedule more evening classes during the week.

"NHE Personal Fitness Management Specialist Review"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Queen Creek, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Queen Creek, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NHE allows me to create very complex programs which i like because there are essentially no limitations to what I can create. I work my own schedule so I can attend my sons little league practices on time.

Cons

From my understanding there is little to no growth opportunity. I'm not sure this is something I want to end my career with so I may need to look for a job in a few years so that I grow as a professional and not stay two dimensional.

Advice to Management

Possibly consider a residual comp program for those of us who create extensive programs that make NHE tons of money. The one and done payment philosophy, which is essentially the salary is not very motivating.

"National Health Educators PFMS"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Westbury, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Westbury, NY

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros for my type of work is the fact that I can design a realist schedule that works well with school. The other great thing is that I don't have to work at smelly gym.

Cons

I loved being able to work alongside other professionals at my previous wellness job. Due to the economy, my boss had to let a bunch of us go but I really miss working with people. I think you become a better professional when you can share ideas in a group setting. My job now doesn't offer that because it's a WFH.

Advice to Management

Set up more conference calls with all PFMS personnel. Make them voluntary and offer them often enough to allow as many as possible to join. Also, podcast them.

"PFMS- Personal Fitness Management Specialist"

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a certified professional trainer so my job still allows me to train many of my veteran clients with the same flexibility. NHE has flexible scheduling for part time. A very easy job for trainers.

Cons

The pay basically breaks down to about 37 bucks an hour. That is a significant compensation drop from what I earn as a personal trainer and the work is essentially the same.

Advice to Management

Pay us more money please.