National Life Group Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2019

4.0
National Life Group CEO Mehran Assadi
Mehran Assadi
  1. "Good for recent college grads"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Life Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-flexible schedule - great culture - growth opportunities - free gym - team work environment

Cons

-commute - 45 min lunches - overwhelming at times

National Life Group2019-09-30
  2. "Great stepping stone, but not your final step."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at National Life Group full-time

Pros

-Consistent Pay/Schedule -Weekends Off -Company Culture-halloween parade, company picnic, free catered lunch from time to time -great job to transition from college too; $20hr

Cons

-Management micromanages and is often passive aggressive when providing "constructive criticism" -No room for advancement. If you wish to move to another department that will be met with much adversity and nit picking performance evaluations. For example "you were 2 minutes late from lunch 2 times last month that's not someone we see moving on in the company" or "you lost your badge and we can't in good mind let... you move to another department" -Unclear performance evaluation. There is never a rubric or formal document provided so that we know exactly what is expected of us on calls. Such as how long we are on "after wrap call" or when we are supposed to clock out when following up on a call escalation.

Advice to Management

If the expectation is that your customer service representatives have a bachelors degree why is that same expectation not upheld for management? The contact center is a great place to start and get to know the company. However the between the micromanagement and aggressions it makes for a toxic work environment, it makes it difficult to want to stay with the company. Hire management that knows how to have hard... conversations and give accurate performance evaluations in a professional manner that is genuine and not belittling.

National Life Group2019-11-06
  3. "Great Overall Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Life Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great Culture overall. People are really friendly and want to work

Cons

Not a lot of growth after customer service

Advice to Management

Hire and believe within the company

National Life Group2019-07-25