National Park Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 7 reviews

2.6
Will Shafroth
  1. Featured Review

"Great organization and mission"

I have been working at National Park Foundation

Pros

Great people with lots of expertise and experience dedicated to the mission.

Cons

Turnover is high and the relationship to the Park Service and Administrations can be difficult to keep consistency over the years.

2. "Not a healthy work environment"

I have been working at National Park Foundation full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The HR department is fantastic - they put on fun holiday events and outings. Organization is growing at a very fast pace, which is good and bad. Supporting our Country's national parks is fantastic!

Cons

Very unfriendly employees - nobody talks or even says good morning. Colleagues across the organization get up and leave for the day without as much as a goodbye. Very individualized siloed work. No formal training once in your position - just thrown on your own. Teams are very top heavy - too many directors and not sure of your proper chain of command. Workplace commradery is forced.

Advice to Management

Train your employees once they've been added to the team - some of my team's new members seem to be thrown into projects with no knowledge or support. Not a fun a work environment. Organization might be growing too quickly, employees don't know team members on other teams. In the last year nearly 10 new individuals have started and my team doesn't know any of them - NPF employees make no effort to meet new people. I dread...

3. "Unhappy work environment"

I have been working at National Park Foundation full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great mission - executive leadership who really cares about our national parks and employees. Great benefits and compensation.

Cons

Very silent and independent work. No inter-team working. Employees are very hostile towards others and very protective of their own individual work. 8 hours working alone.

Advice to Management

Ensure middle and lower management has proper training to do their job and they're able to explain and articulate what is needed of their employees.

4. "Senior Manager"

I worked at National Park Foundation full-time

Pros

Amazing mission, hard-working colleagues, and partners

Cons

No interest in clear paths for staff growth within the organization

"Silent Office"

I worked at National Park Foundation

Pros

Good mission, strong upper level management

Cons

Toxic work environment, poor communication

• "An exciting new chapter for the Foundation!"

I have been working at National Park Foundation full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The organization has gone through a lot of positive change and growth over the past 2 years. Many of us here feel that we are working at a place that is on a wonderful upward trajectory. It's exciting to work at an organization that is starting to perform on a whole new level in the industry. The team is very collaborative and collegial, the mission is beloved, and the organization is definitely heading in the right...

Cons

There are some employees who have been at the organization for a while and are part of the "old guard" who aren't quite ready for the change and growth, or the pace with which it is happening. Hopefully they will either get on board and step up, or leave.

• "Hardest and most rewarding job in my career"

I worked at National Park Foundation full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Getting to work with and in our national parks

Cons

Trying to provide support to a government agency

Found 7 reviews