National Response Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

National Response Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2019

Found 46 reviews

2.8
National Response Corporation CEO  Chris Swinbank (no image)
Chris Swinbank

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Great River, NY

I have been working at National Response Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are not only what make the experience, yet the company. From the day of the interview, until today, they have made me feel comfortable and engaged in the companies responsibilities. They have take a big step in becoming a publicly traded company, and I am happy to be on board with them. Plus, the field they are in is very interesting.

Cons

Everyone is different, I personally haven't found any cons. No matter where you are, the attitude you carry is everything.

Advice to Management

My advise to anyone, is to first look at yourself and see what you can do to change the situation, make a difference, and create a positive outcome.

National Response Corporation2018-12-24
  2. "Exciting place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Great River, NY

I have been working at National Response Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

I truly enjoy coming to work everyday. NRC has a great culture. Leadership offers mentoring and a clear career path.

Cons

The work can be challenging at times

National Response Corporation2018-10-03
  3. "Unclear Direction"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at National Response Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting Salary, paid time off, health insurance and 401K are inline with industry standards. Coworkers are very pleasant to work with.

Cons

No clear direction from management, every other week they would change what they wanted accomplished. Management left groups of employees in the dark on the daily ongoings like it was a big secret even though it effected your job directly. Management failed to return calls in a timely manner which resulted in failed deadlines with clients. Compensation could have been good if they gave the sales staff budgets. I... never had one in the time I was there. I was told by other employees that this was an annual issue. There was no trainig to speak of, quick run though of a very complicated computer system and then left on your own to figure it out. Coworkers were more helpful than managers on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Take the time to speak to your employees and ensure they are trained to be successful. Decide on one computer program for all of the employees to use. Having 3+ programs and every division using a different one makes it complicated to find information and effective communicate.

National Response Corporation2018-07-19
  4. "Stay away"

Former Employee - Emergency Response Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at National Response Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

None don't waste your time

Cons

No work life balance, your life belongs to the company.

National Response Corporation2018-05-20

"Politics, bigotry, racism, ZERO training and little to know supervision."

I worked at National Response Corporation full-time

Pros

Pay scale can be ok. Time off if asked for. Chance to learn to operate and handle all kinds of different equipment. Able to get certified in many areas of hazmat.

Cons

Where to start. Experienced homophobia, bigotry, racism. Absolutely zero to no training at all. Highly inefficient operation. Expected to be on call 24-7 365 days a year with no compensation. Management "seems" concerned, but after closer inspection you could smell "corporation" all over this place and almighty dollar is all it cares about. Saw an employee of three years give 2 weeks and they fired him on the spot.... No sense of loyalty or taking care of their people.

Advice to Management

Revamp entire manager structure . GET supervisors. TRAIN your people.

National Response Corporation2018-05-12

"Always something happening, but nothing going on"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at National Response Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The coworkers, not much more I can think of.

Cons

This place has constant turnover. When you ask what happened you never get a staring answer. I thought it was just the workers who gave up because it seemed like a good place. I soon realized there's a reason why you don't see long term employees, with the exception of management, at this place. They don't like to pay their bills so it made it difficult perfuming this job when vendors were constantly being paid... late for their goods and services. Too many managers bogging down the whole process. One says one thing, someone else says another, and you just have to stop everything what you're doing until it gets sorted out. Plus meeting meetings meetings where nothing is accomplished or a project gets canned after putting days or weeks worth of work into it.

Advice to Management

This is for the upper management, not lower level. Watch what is going on. Certain employees basically violate HR rules and lower level manager choose to bury it and not make it an issue. Employee should of been fired from the start.

National Response Corporation2018-03-28

"Great place to move up the ranks"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at National Response Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consistent work, field workforce is exceeds industry standard, provides top notch equipment

Cons

management changes over often has trickle down effect, no concrete pay structure

Advice to Management

take a more hands on approach with all employees

National Response Corporation2017-12-27

"Supervisor"

I have been working at National Response Corporation full-time

Pros

Plenty of hours currently firing everyone who had anything to do with the merger

Cons

You are a number they don't care if you have any other thing going on in your life

Advice to Management

These are people that work for you treat them like it

National Response Corporation2018-01-04
  9. "Better Regional Management"

I have been working at National Response Corporation full-time

Pros

Accommodating of PTO requests. Responds quickly to requests made in certain departments.

Cons

Unable to talk to corporate without fear of write-up. Safety is lacking in proper usage and follow through.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to see that Regional managers are taking a more active role in talking to their different divisions. Especially the more remote locations, in states that are easily forgotten about.

National Response Corporation2017-12-21

"My review"

I worked at National Response Corporation full-time

Pros

Good pay, good management,management is helpful and some co-workers are helpful and will help you when you need it.

Cons

For hazmat tech, you are on call 24/7. You may get called at 2am to go on a spill.

National Response Corporation2017-08-15